Larkin Community Health FM residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudentDoctorM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there are any FM residents here from Larkin, South Miami in Florida. Or if anyone knows anything about the FM residency there. I would really appreciate any honest opinions you have about the program.

How is the schedule? patient population? pathology?
Pros/cons?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you scramble into that program, good luck.... I was told not to apply to ANY Larkin program if you are a US student. Take that with a grain of salt because it's not first hand knowledge.

Last edited:
If you scramble into that program, good luck.... I was told not to apply to ANY Larkin program if you are a US student. Take that with a grain of salt because it not first hand knowledge.

Its an AOA only for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there are any FM residents here from Larkin, South Miami in Florida. Or if anyone knows anything about the FM residency there. I would really appreciate any honest opinions you have about the program.

How is the schedule? patient population? pathology?
Pros/cons?

Thank you!

Do yourself a favor and do not apply, thank me later.

They have an ACGME Psych program and just received ACGME accreditation for their Anesthesiology and Radiology program.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just in case anyone happens upon this thread, do not go to Larkin avoid at all cost. It is horrible in every way possible. They only have initial accreditation for their programs and I am certain they did a good bit of lying on those programs. Just go somewhere else, anywhere else plenty of programs with open spots.

Reactions: 1 user
[deleted] n=1, I had a great experience as an M4 rotating through the IM service. The FM and IM programs share the same attending, and inpatient cases are distributed between the two. The attending is very approachable, and the chief residents were very supportive of the new interns. There was a real sense of camaraderie among the residents across all different specialties, from what I could tell.

The above posters may know better than me, being residents there. I PM'ed you with more information.

Reactions: 1 user