Lake Erie - Seton Hill (LECOM-Seton Hill) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So from what I can see it looks like it takes about 8-12 weeks to hear back? :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I have an interview for 12/12. Anyone else interviewing on this date? I'm from the area and I'd be glad to help anyone navigate around town!!

I am! What will the weather be like? I'm from an area where it doesn't snow and I'm really worried about how I'm going to get around...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am! What will the weather be like? I'm from an area where it doesn't snow and I'm really worried about how I'm going to get around...

According to the weather report, it'll be around low 40's and rainy. Therefore, you shouldn't have to worry about getting around in the snow. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about the area or anything else!

probably too early for this but any waitlist movement, anyone??

So I just got the portal change to a decision has been made :eek: I should not have checked during finals week. Freaking out a little bit...

Me too...

It will be good news! The optimist in me (or hopelessly naive?) says they wouldn't send out rejections that would arrive days before Christmas/other major holidays. That would be too cruel.

It will be good news! The optimist in me (or hopelessly naive?) says they wouldn't send out rejections that would arrive days before Christmas/other major holidays. That would be too cruel.

I appreciate your optimism! I hope your news is good too!

Portal change of my classmate too (interviewed Nov 1, 2016).

Hey guys so I just received an II here and I was wondering if I could switch it with an interview at the Erie campus or would have to actually just decline the interview in order to be considered for the Erie campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys so I just received an II here and I was wondering if I could switch it with an interview at the Erie campus or would have to actually just decline the interview in order to be considered for the Erie campus?

Your interview at Seton Hill would also count for the Erie campus.. they'll give you a paper in which you can rank Erie higher

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hey folks, anyone received a rejection letter from Nov 1 interview group?

Interviewed 9/16/2016, portal changed to "decision has been made letter mailed" on 12/13/2016. I had to email about 8 because they kept saying I was missing things that were clearly on AACOMAS, so if you assume they have everything don't. Then the adviser I was contacting "no longer works there" so they are undergoing admissions staff changes and are super slow. so don't worry apparently they're so for everyone at this location. If you need anything, email the [email protected] general email, not any specific advisers you've spoken to previously, the person that sends or are listen on the II or anything else. trust me it takes longer that way.

I enjoyed the interview though ,the group thing is way less stressful than I would have guessed. and the PBL was kind of fun.

Good luck.

Officially got accepted to Seton Hill! Interviewed mid-November.

Reactions: 5 users
I have an interview at Seaton Hill in a couple of weeks and I heard we can pick between Erie or Seaton Hill. What are the odds of getting Erie over Seaton?

I have an interview at Seaton Hill in a couple of weeks and I heard we can pick between Erie or Seaton Hill. What are the odds of getting Erie over Seaton?
I'd say you have a decent shot at either right now, seeing as it's still early in the cycle.

Officially accepted into LECOM Seton Hill! Apparently my letter went out/my portal changed the day after the last groups deposite date, So people who've already interviewed expect a change to the portal in January 11th!

Reactions: 3 users
Are the rotation sites for LECOM @ SH local? Or would it be requiring quite the travel..?

Hey folks what do you think about being considered as Alternate? Still there are chances or this typically means rejection? (statistically speaking) Anyone with this kinda history?

Hey folks what do you think about being considered as Alternate? Still there are chances or this typically means rejection? (statistically speaking) Anyone with this kinda history?
I was reading on the previous forums and I saw 50/50 chance. How true that is idk

Accepted but turned down the offer. I hope it goes to someone here! Goodluck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are the rotation sites for LECOM @ SH local? Or would it be requiring quite the travel..?

See my post on the first page. There are a couple rotations sites relatively close to Greensburg, but the vast majority of students relocate after second year. There's no guarantee of getting your first choice spot, and as you'd guess, the Pittsburgh site is the most popular. A lot of clinical sites offer pretty much the full 3rd year of rotations (minus mandatory geriatrics in Erie) so you don't have to travel much if you don't want to.

Are there opportunities to do research at Seton Hill?
They exist but are very limited. I'm not an expert on this so unfortunately I can't tell you much more than that.

Do any students commute from Pittsburgh? My wife has a job in the city and we are trying to figure out where to live...how many days do students actually need to be on campus?

Do any students commute from Pittsburgh? My wife has a job in the city and we are trying to figure out where to live...how many days do students actually need to be on campus?

I have been told some students commute to class from Pittsburgh, so it is possible if someone is willing to drive 30-60 minutes to work. We were told at the interview that class is 3 days per week, although I would expect to be on campus more often. As a Pittsburgh native, I would tell you that there are several suburbs between the city and Greensburg that would make the commute more fair (and are much more preferable to live in than the city, imo).

I have been told some students commute to class from Pittsburgh, so it is possible if someone is willing to drive 30-60 minutes to work. We were told at the interview that class is 3 days per week, although I would expect to be on campus more often. As a Pittsburgh native, I would tell you that there are several suburbs between the city and Greensburg that would make the commute more fair (and are much more preferable to live in than the city, imo).

You're generally on campus every day except right before PBL exams. Once anatomy is over, your time there on M/W/F is pretty limited, so that's a plus.

I have a few classmates who commuted all the way from Pittsburgh and it worked out fine. Others in your situation lived in Monroeville/Murrysville, which splits the commute more evenly.

I interviewed 12/6 and my portal changed yesterday (1/9) that a decision has been made and I'll get a letter in the mail within 30 days. So this can be acceptance, rejection, OR alternate, right?? Also does the letter actually take around 30 days to come? :p The suspense is killing me :oops:

I interviewed 12/6 and my portal changed yesterday (1/9) that a decision has been made and I'll get a letter in the mail within 30 days. So this can be acceptance, rejection, OR alternate, right?? Also does the letter actually take around 30 days to come? :p The suspense is killing me :oops:

It'll probably take about a week. Good luck!

Just checked the mail for the long-awaited letter from LECOM. I opened it up to find....an ACCEPTANCE letter!
I've never been so excited about writing out a $1500 check before!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just checked the mail for the long-awaited letter from LECOM. I opened it up to find....an ACCEPTANCE letter!
I've never been so excited about writing out a $1500 check before!!
CONGRATS! When did you interview and when did your portal change??

Officially accepted into LECOM Seton Hill! Apparently my letter went out/my portal changed the day after the last groups deposite date, So people who've already interviewed expect a change to the portal in January 11th!
Congrats ! What date is your deposit due ? I am thinking that the next group of decisions will go out after your group's deposits are due . Congrats again !

Congrats to all who got in!! I interviewed 12/6, portal changed this past monday and I got my acceptance today. I've never cried so many happy tears in my life! AHHH excited to meet you all :D Is there a FB group or something??

Reactions: 1 users
Received my interview invite two weeks ago and the only date available on the scheduler was March 16th. Am I interviewing for a waitlist spot at that point? Is there any way to see if earlier dates open up?

Wow that is crazy. I interview tomorrow and hope I hear something within a month but from what I am seeing that is not going to happen.

Yeah idk what is going on. I think it's just the SH campus because I was accepted within 4 days at Bradenton campus.

Yeah idk what is going on. I think it's just the SH campus because I was accepted within 4 days at Bradenton campus.

I interviewed on 12/6 and still no portal change...I saw that someone from that group received an acceptance a few days ago so I'm afraid that it might be bad news ? Did anyone from your interview group receive acceptances?

Congrats to all who got in!! I interviewed 12/6, portal changed this past monday and I got my acceptance today. I've never cried so many happy tears in my life! AHHH excited to meet you all :D Is there a FB group or something??
Congratulations!!!!! I think I was in your interview group....my portal hasn't changed so I'm scared that this is bad sign. Are you a relatively short girl? I think we talked for a bit after our PBL trial session

Congrats! Complete/stats if you don't mind me asking?

3.36 cGPA, 3.24 sGPA, 510 MCAT

Have been working as a medical assistant for the past couple of years, great LOR

Complete 10/28

Does anyone have an idea of how many seats are left for SH? I would personally choose SH over Erie due to PBL and proximity to Pitt. However this is my only II and I know that my interview at SH counts for both campuses. Would I have a better chance at being accepted I put down my preference as Erie at the interview?

Does anyone have an idea of how many seats are left for SH? I would personally choose SH over Erie due to PBL and proximity to Pitt. However this is my only II and I know that my interview at SH counts for both campuses. Would I have a better chance at being accepted I put down my preference as Erie at the interview?
No, I think you have equal chance-your acceptance is independent of campus b/c when you interview you will rank your options by preference (for example: 1 PBL at Seton hill, 2. PBL Erie, 3. Lecture discussion-Erie, etc)