Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we didn't get the "top alternate list" email, then would that imply that our chances are very slim at this point? :unsure:
did you get an email asking if you were still interested in attending LECOM if a spot opened up (i.e. if you still wanted to be on the waitlist?)

Members don't see this ad.

did you get an email asking if you were still interested in attending LECOM if a spot opened up (i.e. if you still wanted to be on the waitlist?)

I believe it's school specific. I was waitlisted at Seton Hill so I got the email asking for confirmation of my continued interest and if I would accept a spot if given. I believe Erie waitlisters get an email about asking them if they want to be moved to the top of the waitlist

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I believe it's school specific. I was waitlisted at Seton Hill so I got the email asking for confirmation of my continued interest and if I would accept a spot if given. I believe Erie waitlisters get an email about asking them if they want to be moved to the top of the waitlist

I got an email from Erie about continued interest, so I don't know if that is the same as the top of the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from Erie about continued interest, so I don't know if that is the same as the top of the waitlist

Hmm I could be wrong then! But yeah it's possible that they have two different emails. I'm not sure if SH has two different emails.

No, didn't get the continued interest email either... which further worries me

Interviewed in October and I think I received the decision some time in January

Ah ok makes sense. Hopefully you hear back soon though! I got interviewed in January and Waitlisted in mid March

Reactions: 1 user
Is it just me or is the financial reward letter really confusing? Also trying to find an apartment close to LECOM if anyone wants to be next door neighbors!

Is it just me or is the financial reward letter really confusing? Also trying to find an apartment close to LECOM if anyone wants to be next door neighbors!
Hey, you got your financial aid award letter already? Was it an email or did you review it on your LECOM portal? I'm wondering if the timeline is different for Seton Hill. I still haven't received anything about financial aid.

Hey, you got your financial aid award letter already? Was it an email or did you review it on your LECOM portal? I'm wondering if the timeline is different for Seton Hill. I still haven't received anything about financial aid.

I got my financial award letter two days ago and they notified me by email. I will be attending the Erie campus. But mine wasn't confusing.. literally it just has the loan type and the amount broken up by semester.

I haven't gotten mine either for Seton Hill

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance at Erie, hope it goes to one of you all! This seems like a great school full of great people, it's just a little too far from home for me. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
How long did it take for your immunizations and physical exams to be checked off the portal once the college received them?

withdrew from the wait list today. good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone herd back anything since the emails for confirmation of continued interest? Specifically the Seton Hill Campus ?

They do financial aid letters for third and fourth years first because our academic year started last Monday. If you're an incoming first year, they're likely still working on yours-- don't panic yet.

Hey y'all! Just checked my portal and there is now a spot for LECOM-SH saying that a decision has been made. I initially interviewed at Erie so this is a new dropdown menu for me. What does that mean?

Hey y'all! Just checked my portal and there is now a spot for LECOM-SH saying that a decision has been made. I initially interviewed at Erie so this is a new dropdown menu for me. What does that mean?
It means you have been accepted there. How did you rank your preferences for the learning pathways because LECOM-SH is for the PBL pathway?

It means you have been accepted there. How did you rank your preferences for the learning pathways because LECOM-SH is for the PBL pathway?

I ranked Erie PBL and SH first and second.

I ranked Erie PBL and SH first and second.
Yeah so you def accepted to SH. They said at the interview that if the first choice is not available they go to the second choice. Congrats!

I've been getting some PMs from you guys, and I'm happy to answer questions about life at LECOM as much as I can (Step 2 is coming up), but please don't PM me to weigh your chances of getting on/off the wait list. It moves every year, but I have no insight into when it moves, how much it will move, or what any individual's chances are of being somebody who gets picked. I'm not offended at all when you ask, but since I don't have the answers, it's not a great use of my time or of yours.

Hang in there, and best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my app. Good luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Likely going to give up my acceptance, got accepted elsewhere. Looks like one of you will be getting off of the WL!

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone have any idea on waitlist size? I'm on the alternate list (Seton Hill), which I think is the same thing as the waitlist for LECOM. I have an acceptance at my second choice school... Running out of time before I have to take that offer, no PBL, and 100k more in tuition and expenses over 4 years. I want Seton Hill so bad -_-

That's what it seems like. Either that or they just going really slow with sending it out and what not

You're definitely right. They gave @allanMED15 7 days on his offer. We may almost be at crunch time where waitlisters have 48 hours to decide.

You're definitely right. They gave @allanMED15 7 days on his offer. We may almost be at crunch time where waitlisters have 48 hours to decide.

I feel like they're still gonna give 7 days cause July hasn't hit yet. I really wish they would notify by email as well as snail mail. It would speed up the process so much. So much more efficient and everything.

Random, but I saw "LECOM" advertised on the Cleveland Browns background press wallpaper (where they interview)

Pretty neat.

EDIT:
2mpcu91.png

Reactions: 4 users
I called LECOM-Erie a few days ago and they said that they haven't started looking at the waitlist because they're still sending acceptances to the last batch of interviewees and waiting for their replies.

I called LECOM-Erie a few days ago and they said that they haven't started looking at the waitlist because they're still sending acceptances to the last batch of interviewees and waiting for their replies.

:eek: Damn. That's crazy. Plus I thought a few people already got off the waitlist?