Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :cat:

Members don't see this ad.

Is it true that both LECOM schools haven't required an essay in the past?

Is it true that both LECOM schools haven't required an essay in the past?
correct. it was all just your basic information. it does ask for SAT or ACT scores though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Application Submitted...hoping for some in-state love. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Putting in an app here as well! I like self directed learning and in my professional years spent the majority of my time teaching myself from case studies. I'd be interested seeing it in action and how the students feel, but I'm used to reading charts and putting things together.... Good luck to everyone!

I couldn't find LOR requirements on the website...someone enlighten me?

I couldn't find LOR requirements on the website...someone enlighten me?
If I remember correctly, you do not need to send your LORs until you get your interview. They require a letter from DO and I don't remember exactly if they wanted 2 science professors or w/e.

Yea....website isn't helpful in regards to talking specifically about the different campuses. Sure it tells you about the type of learning path but there should be links to look at different campus life. Erie is very different than Bradenton, geographically (obviously) but the campuses aren't even discussed.

Has anyone received a secondary invite yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just thought I'd pass along this information to anyone interested...

Called LECOM-B today to see if they had received my application from AACOMAS because for some reason one of the schools I applied to (looking at you Nova) didn't have me in their system yet even though AACOMAS said they had sent my verified application. Still waiting on a call back from the supervisor regarding the status (or lack thereof) of my application and decided to make some calls to other schools I applied to to see if I had been processed. Anyways, called LECOM-B today who said I was in fact in the system and that they were planning on sending out secondaries today and/or tomorrow. So yeah, be on the lookout for those.

TL;DR - LECOM-B admissions said they are sending out secondaries today and/or tomorrow.

Reactions: 6 users
Just thought I'd pass along this information to anyone interested...

Called LECOM-B today to see if they had received my application from AACOMAS because for some reason one of the schools I applied to (looking at you Nova) didn't have me in their system yet even though AACOMAS said they had sent my verified application. Still waiting on a call back from the supervisor regarding the status (or lack thereof) of my application and decided to make some calls to other schools I applied to to see if I had been processed. Anyways, called LECOM-B today who said I was in fact in the system and that they were planning on sending out secondaries today and/or tomorrow. So yeah, be on the lookout for those.

TL;DR - LECOM-B admissions said they are sending out secondaries today and/or tomorrow.
Did you end up receiving a secondary invite? I'm still waiting to hear from them along with other schools and after hearing about Nova not receiving some applications I'm considering calling some of these schools.

Did you end up receiving a secondary invite? I'm still waiting to hear from them along with other schools and after hearing about Nova not receiving some applications I'm considering calling some of these schools.
I have not heard anything from NOVA or LECOM-B either

Sorry I read this in another thread but I'm still confused. Is there an MCAT requirement?

Nope, nothing from either yet
Huh, well thank you for the original heads up! I did just receive an e-mail from LECOM Erie today about receiving my application so maybe bradenton will come soon after?

Well I got the NOVA one, but no LECOM brandenton campus.

How about you guys?

Ah, I see. Well its probably a good thing as I have 5 secondaries I need to do.

Time to stop procrastinating!

Yep I'm not complaining! Haha I have a bunch I need to so as well

Also haven't gotten a secondary here haha. Anyone receive one yet?

Just received a secondary for Bradenton!

I did too. Applying to both LECOM's and both of them sent secondaries today. Both of them dont have any essays and take like 5 mins to complete!

I've heard that the bradenton campus school is a lot better than the lake erie in terms of educational standards, and location as well.

I hear its considerably more difficult to obtain admission here than it is the Erie Campus.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Congrats to y'all! Did those that received a secondary also get an email saying they received your application? Cause I have yet to get that email even though everything has been verified for a while now

Congrats to y'all! Did those that received a secondary also get an email saying they received your application? Cause I have yet to get that email even though everything has been verified for a while now
I received an e-mail stating that they received my primary before the holiday weekend, then received the invites for both campuses today. After submitting, I received both a confirmation e-mail for the secondary and a receipt for the payments.

I received an e-mail stating that they received my primary before the holiday weekend, then received the invites for both campuses today. After submitting, I received both a confirmation e-mail for the secondary and a receipt for the payments.

I never received confirmation of my primary application, wonder if it's worth shooting them an email. Both campuses sent you a confirming email after your primary was submitted ?

yea, I didn't receive anything either. I've been verified since June 14th, and have had my MCAT scores in for two weeks...

I never received confirmation of my primary application, wonder if it's worth shooting them an email. Both campuses sent you a confirming email after your primary was submitted ?
I only received an e-mail from LECOM- Erie regarding my primary but today I received e-mail invites from both schools.

I called LECOM-eerie; they said that they have downloaded approx half of the verified applications so far and they are working to send out the secondaries this week if you met the criteria.

Reactions: 2 users

They never sent me a confirmation about my primary. Edit: for LECOM-B

I called LECOM-eerie; they said that they have downloaded approx half of the verified applications so far and they are working to send out the secondaries this week if you met the criteria.

ah thanks!

Did anybody else get an email saying they are on Hold/Mcat status? My mcat is above the cutoff and it's been sent to AACOMAS so I don't know what they're talking about.

Did anybody else get an email saying they are on Hold/Mcat status? My mcat is above the cutoff and it's been sent to AACOMAS so I don't know what they're talking about.
I recommend sending them an email or giving them a call to ask about this. When did you send your MCAT to AACOMAS?

I think this is because LECOM didnt download 100% of all the apps they received. CCOM mentioned it takes them 1-2 weeks to get all the parts of a primary. Either way Ive emailed LECOM and offered to send my scorecard directly. My score has been verified since June 20.

I think this is because LECOM didnt download 100% of all the apps they received. CCOM mentioned it takes them 1-2 weeks to get all the parts of a primary. Either way Ive emailed LECOM and offered to send my scorecard directly. My score has been verified since June 20.
Yeah this is probably the case. Don't stress out too much! They'll get to you :D

I called yesterday and they said their still working through the apps and that they only sent out very few supplementals but they should have all the verified apps they said.

LECOM sent my a secondary but not for this campus. Does anyone have an II for LECOM-B?