Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, dumb question...I do I know if my secondary is completed or not...? I paid the money last week and each time I log in it always says my secondary is progress...? I even got the email confirming my payment. I also completed LECOM - Eerie app at the same time and received a completion email and text afterwards...but nothing with LECOM - B

P.S. I know I'm really late to the game, please don't judge :whistle:
I just sent in my secondary today! Haha I thought I was the only one good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is yours saying its still in progress even though you paid the $50 fee??

I submitted my secondary yesterday. This is my current status:

"We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

Is there like a roommate search page for LECOM Bradenton?

Is there like a roommate search page for LECOM Bradenton?
There is a place on the portal, I believe. Mrs. Shively might send out that info later. You guys should make a Facebook page for your class if there isn't one. That's how most of our classmates found each other.

Has anyone else from the 2/10 interview received a portal change?

There is a place on the portal, I believe. Mrs. Shively might send out that info later. You guys should make a Facebook page for your class if there isn't one. That's how most of our classmates found each other.

Thank you!

Would anyone mind sharing what this school's grading system is like? (P/F, A-F or whatever) & also, does anyone knows if they rank the students

We have grades (A-F) and yes we are ranked.

They still giving out letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected via snail mail today, interviewed march 3. Best of luck to those attending

How long did it take some of you to receive decision letters after your interview? I interviewed Feb 17th.

Hey, I appreciate you doing this! My questions for you are...
1) What are the requirements to get into LECOM from the post-bacc?

2) How do you go about getting into the Bradenton campus while attending/interviewing Erie?

3) How many of the students from the post bacc (who are offered an interview) end up getting offered an acceptance. I'm not looking for an exact number but rather what you observed during your time in the post bacc.

Thanks!!

Hey there - sorry this took so long. I forget to check this unless I get a PM - which alerts me via email.

1. In the post bacc - you need a 3.0 to matriculate into the school - no questions asked, you're in (even though they say they only guarantee an interview).
2. Most years they only let in 2-3 people from the Erie post bacc into Bradenton. For our year, they let in 15-20 of us. But this year at the bradenton location, they started a master's program, which is exactly like the post bacc. Therefore, I don't think they're letting in anyone from Erie down here because they're going to let in all of the master's students who reached the required GPA. I think the required GPA for the LECOM-B master's is 3.3... and you're waitlisted if you're 3.0-3.3. Not 100% on that, but I'm pretty sure.
3. I think I answered that above, but you interview and then rank your choices. I put LECOM-B first and got it. But like I said - I don't think they're letting anyone from Erie post bacc into Bradenton anymore due to their new master's program down here that is essentially the same thing as the post bacc in Erie.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

I'm scheduled for an interview March 31st. Hoping the odds aren't too bad against me.

Also congrats to the poster above me! :)

I interviewed here on 3/10. After the interview my portal changed to "under review post interview" then just this past Friday it changed to "still under consideration." Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know what it means? For anyone placed on the waitlist, does it show this on your portal or "decision made?"

I interviewed here on 3/10. Portal never changed post-interview. Called on Friday (3/17) and explained that I had a deposit due at another school and would like to avoid paying it if possible and was told I was accepted.

In State, 3.5GPA undergrad, 3.5 science GPA, 3.97 masters in medical sciences GPA, 30 MCAT

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed here on 3/10. Portal never changed post-interview. Called on Friday (3/17) and explained that I had a deposit due at another school and would like to avoid paying it if possible and was told I was accepted.

In State, 3.5GPA undergrad, 3.5 science GPA, 3.97 masters in medical sciences GPA, 30 MCAT
Who did you speak to? Accepted at Seton Hill or Erie Campus?

I interviewed here on 3/10. After the interview my portal changed to "under review post interview" then just this past Friday it changed to "still under consideration." Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know what it means? For anyone placed on the waitlist, does it show this on your portal or "decision made?"
Mine did the same thing and then I got a call a couple days later. I was not on the waitlist though. I would just call and ask Annette for clarification if I were you. Worst thing that could come from it is you've shown more interest in the school. Sure beats sitting there sweating while you try to figure out what it means lol.

Mine did the same thing and then I got a call a couple days later. I was not on the waitlist though. I would just call and ask Annette for clarification if I were you. Worst thing that could come from it is you've shown more interest in the school. Sure beats sitting there sweating while you try to figure out what it means lol.

Okay thank you! You got the call that you were accepted? How long after you interviewed? I haven't heard anything since my interview but that was less than 2 weeks ago so I figured it's because of the limited number of seats. I will probably call and see.

Okay thank you! You got the call that you were accepted? How long after you interviewed? I haven't heard anything since my interview but that was less than 2 weeks ago so I figured it's because of the limited number of seats. I will probably call and see.
Yes, It was an acceptance call. I guess almost a month after my interview.

Got the acceptance call this morning!

Has anyone who received the "file will be re-reviewed in 90 days" heard anything back yet?

II invite!!! OMG I'm crying, this is my first interview

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed March 24th, waitlisted today via snail mail (letter sent out 3/31). The waiting game continues...

Interviewed March 24th, waitlisted today via snail mail (letter sent out 3/31). The waiting game continues...

Wow thats fast turn around! They told us they are very welcoming to letters of intent, so maybe sending one might help you out. Also if you don't mind me asking, stats?

Wow thats fast turn around! They told us they are very welcoming to letters of intent, so maybe sending one might help you out. Also if you don't mind me asking, stats?

Thanks, I'll start putting one together. Stats: GPA 3.58 / sGPA 3.75 / old MCAT 29 / IS

I am also on waitlist for LECOM Bradenton. The wait is sooooo hard. I hope we all hear soon

My status changed to..."Your application is still under consideration..." should I take that as a good sign? Interviewed 3/31.

I'll give them a week, even though I'm anxious.

Hoping you get some good news soon too! Have you sent a letter of intent?

Hoping you get some good news soon too! Have you sent a letter of intent?
I had a doctor who graduated from LECOM Bradenton write another letter for me but I dunno. Ive been accepted elsewhere but this is where I want to be.

I had a doctor who graduated from LECOM Bradenton write another letter for me but I dunno. Ive been accepted elsewhere but this is where I want to be.

Hey if this is where you want to be let them know that! It will be stronger coming directly from you.

I also had a LECOM-B alumnus write a LOR for me lol.

My status changed to..."Your application is still under consideration..." should I take that as a good sign? Interviewed 3/31.

The same thing happened for me and I was accepted a week or so after! With it being late in the cycle I believe that status means you are on what LECOM calls the "accept hold" list. Basically they are waiting for some seats to open up. Best of luck to you!