Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing february 10th?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

In early December I received the "we will review your file again in 90 days" message. I sent a letter of interest last week and I'm pretty sure they rejected me over the weekend. :( This was my top choice too. I hope everyone else's cycle is going well though!

In early December I received the "we will review your file again in 90 days" message. I sent a letter of interest last week and I'm pretty sure they rejected me over the weekend. :( This was my top choice too. I hope everyone else's cycle is going well though!
How are you pretty sure they rejected you?

I am
I had to email them about it before it switched for me and then I received a interview the next day. I would just contact their admissions as they were very friendly and helpful
What is their e-mail? I can only find their phone number on their website

Reactions: 1 user
How are you pretty sure they rejected you?

I received the message "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" pre-interview. I've read previously that if you're offered an interview it says it on the portal and you also receive a text/email.

I received the message "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" pre-interview. I've read previously that if you're offered an interview it says it on the portal and you also receive a text/email.
I received the same status update months ago. I have yet to receive anything via postal mail. I have also sent a couple updates since being notified of the status and received confirmation replies stated they have received my updates. So, who knows!

I received the same status update months ago. I have yet to receive anything via postal mail. I have also sent a couple updates since being notified of the status and received confirmation replies stated they have received my updates. So, who knows!
Straight up to myyyy face!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody in town yet for the interview on Friday? Was going to grab some dinner tonight and maybe go to one of the breweries if anyone wants to join.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anybody in town yet for the interview on Friday? Was going to grab some dinner tonight and maybe go to one of the breweries if anyone wants to join.

I'll be there tomorrow for fridays interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Posted in the wrong thread lol

Last edited:

How do you send updates to LECOM? I've just been updating AACOMAS since it let's you add activities after the initial submission.

How do you send updates to LECOM? I've just been updating AACOMAS since it let's you add activities after the initial submission.

i don't suggest this. Each individual school would have to re-download your AACOMAS and you don't know how often they do that. If it's a big update like transcript or MCAT scores, send directly to the admissions office via email.

What are my chances at this school. I have been complete since the end of October
500mcat (third retake)127ps,121verbal,125bio,127psych/3.69 overall gpa and 3.77 science gpa

Last edited:
So I received the LECOM packet in the mail today and it suggested taking a post-bacc or Masters of Science. I have a 4.0 non-science, 3.75 science, and 3.86 overall. Did they suggest this because they believe I have a low GPA, or is this standard procedure when they reject someone to invite them to their post-bacc program? Thanks guys.

So I received the LECOM packet in the mail today and it suggested taking a post-bacc or Masters of Science. I have a 4.0 non-science, 3.75 science, and 3.86 overall. Did they suggest this because they believe I have a low GPA, or is this standard procedure when they reject someone to invite them to their post-bacc program? Thanks guys.
mcat score? did you get an interview?

mcat score? did you get an interview?
505, but I did the option where they look at your ACT (29) score as well. No interview, and I have solid research, volunteer, and shadowing experiences. :(

505, but I did the option where they look at your ACT (29) score as well. No interview, and I have solid research, volunteer, and shadowing experiences. :(

That's insane. Your stats are fantastic. I wonder what this school is looking for

Interviewed here the 13th. I was honestly extremely impressed. It seems like they really have taken the steps to fix their pitfalls. It's cheap, they promise year long rotations at academic centers, no more preceptorship based rotations. Grantes these "academic centers" are barely a couple years old, but it's something. Great USMLE scores, and they match competitively in non-Primary Care spots. I was thoroughly impressed. But I really really really want to get out of Florida and move somewhere cold. So this is going to be a tough decision in a few months

Interviewed here the 13th. I was honestly extremely impressed. It seems like they really have taken the steps to fix their pitfalls. It's cheap, they promise year long rotations at academic centers, no more preceptorship based rotations. Grantes these "academic centers" are barely a couple years old, but it's something. Great USMLE scores, and they match competitively in non-Primary Care spots. I was thoroughly impressed. But I really really really want to get out of Florida and move somewhere cold. So this is going to be a tough decision in a few months
Did they say anything about when youre going to find out about a decision? Curious about the turnaround time this late in the cycle.

Did they say anything about when youre going to find out about a decision? Curious about the turnaround time this late in the cycle.
Adcom meets on Tuesday and a letter will be sent out that day if a decision is made. Didnt mention if a call would be made if we were accepted.

they also mentioned that my interview group (the 13th) was the last one to be offered 'normal' seat offers while the rest of the interviews will end with much much more waitlist spots. but i don't know how much I believe that

they also mentioned that my interview group (the 13th) was the last one to be offered 'normal' seat offers while the rest of the interviews will end with much much more waitlist spots. but i don't know how much I believe that
Darn! I had the opportunity to schedule for the 13th but chose the very next one due to an upcoming mcat. Hope there's a spot left for us early Feb interviewers. Thanks for sharing the info though.

I just recieved an interview yesterday, 513 mcat and 3.43 gpa. What I'm worried about is that my interview isn't until March 3 and by then I feel like I'll be fighting for a waitlist :(

I feel like that doesn't make sense. Their own secondary application isn't due until April, so why would their "normal" seats be all accounted for?

anybody from the 13th group have a portal change?

report back please if someone calls. i'm too chicken ****

Accepted. Annette will be out for the rest of the day, so call tomorrow.

My portal says "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."
Is this the portal change that a decision has been made? Or does this mean i'm still under review?