Knowing all you know now, what career would you choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I had to do it all over again, I'd go into pharmacy school straight out of undergrad instead of doing six years of a PhD program.

Then, I wouldn't be sitting inside on a beautiful June day in Seattle writing a thesis right now.

Also, I wouldn't have had to put up with one very annoying passive-aggressive (and now former, thank god!) lab mate. Although I guess there are passive-aggressive annoying people in pharmacy, too. There does seem to be a particularly large amount of them in molecular biology research...

3 jobs, in this order; First I would be a Godiva taste-tester, then I would would switch (when the pounds came) into an overweight model. After I was fat and happy, I would retire as a lifeguard in some small beach in Florida.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
lol, that's what my friends keep telling me, I said pharmacy; they say street phrmcist/ drug dealer.

I'll have to go with Drug Dealer....Taxes are a $@#$@ lol.

I would've actually gone to pharmacy school 5 years sooner instead of doing research for 10 years....I really got to hate research. Doom and gloom is right, research is an extremely unfulfilling job!!

Motorcycle racer or tugboat captain.

I have put some thought into this and I am not sure exactly. I have come up with, military special forces, biomechanics/CSCS or some sorta strength research, or international buisness.

Pharmacy is not a bad choice.....after almost 2 yrs of working, that's how i felt. I thought i would wanna go back to school and get an MD, but after i've seen all the MDs working and sleeping inside the hospitals....i quit that idea. Plus, pharmacy provides me a great income so i can focus more on investing......I just love this lifestyle. I love investing. I don't think the MDs would have time to sit down and analyze which stock to buy/sell....etc...or how the market changes....And who knows, once my stock hits big, I'll just cash out and retire at 45 while these MDs still looking at the patients' charts and try to figure out what the hell went twrong with the patients...and why this drug doesn't work!

Pharmacy is not a bad choice.....after almost 2 yrs of working, that's how i felt. I thought i would wanna go back to school and get an MD, but after i've seen all the MDs working and sleeping inside the hospitals....i quit that idea. Plus, pharmacy provides me a great income so i can focus more on investing......I just love this lifestyle. I love investing. I don't think the MDs would have time to sit down and analyze which stock to buy/sell....etc...or how the market changes....And who knows, once my stock hits big, I'll just cash out and retire at 45 while these MDs still looking at the patients' charts and try to figure out what the hell went twrong with the patients...and why this drug doesn't work!

yeah i think everyone in healthcare who is not an md at some put thinks about becoming or wants to go back for an md....i generally like what i do now and plan on getting another degree in something that broadens my horizons instead of putting me into huge financial debt with 10 more years of training before i can be the real deal....the mds dont need to spend their own time looking at finances they pay someone to do it for them

Probably an architect or majored in international business then go on to build a business in something.