KGI PPC 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryomagoku

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just got accepted into KGI PPC program!

I just wanted to start this thread so we get to know each other better!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! Congratulations on your acceptance!

I submitted my application by the priority deadline! I just haven't yet submitted GRE scores and transcripts, hoping to do so soon.
Just curious how your application process went, how were interviews, etc?

Hey there! Congratulations on your acceptance!

I submitted my application by the priority deadline! I just haven't yet submitted GRE scores and transcripts, hoping to do so soon.
Just curious how your application process went, how were interviews, etc?

You haven't interviewed yet?

Well, I submitted my application around September because I wanted to stay in California for sure and wanted to go to a post bac program with good record, which this program has been. I sent my transcripts and MCAT score right away. I received a phone call from Mr.Harris back in September what my plan is and if I were interested in MBS program as well as my stats were lower than the average students at KGI PPC program. He told me about the priority deadline back then and I applied asap with the risk of not getting accepted.

I also went to the visitation day and asked him when I will be invited for the interview. He told me soon back then. Not much later, I was invited for the interview, I think around 2nd week of November. It was pretty chill. The interviewer saw literally everything: my transcript, resume, trend, my application essay, etc.

I hope to hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also heard from Mr. Harris and submitted literally by the priority deadline. I haven't interviewed simply because I haven't submitted transcripts, GRE score and LORs yet. GRE in feb, and currently working on sending LORs and transcripts. Mr. Harris said once all was received, I would hear as to when my interview date was.

How soon after your interview did you receive the acceptance?

I also heard from Mr. Harris and submitted literally by the priority deadline. I haven't interviewed simply because I haven't submitted transcripts, GRE score and LORs yet. GRE in feb, and currently working on sending LORs and transcripts. Mr. Harris said once all was received, I would hear as to when my interview date was.

How soon after your interview did you receive the acceptance?

For me, it took a month and half. This is after I submitted my transcripts, MCAT, and LOR all in.
Mr. Harris has been very helpful and kind to me with this whole application cycle. Although I got accepted into PCOM MSVS program, I think I'm going to stick with this one.

Awesome! I hope to submit all the materials soon and look forward to the interview!

I've submitted all materials, just pending my GRE @ the end of this month. Once I take it and submit my score, they said they would schedule my interview.

Hi guys! Congrats to who got accepted and goodluck to those who submitted their app and getting ready for interviews :) my interview is this Friday so any tips or recommendations about the interview that might help? Thank you!

Hi guys! Congrats to who got accepted and goodluck to those who submitted their app and getting ready for interviews :) my interview is this Friday so any tips or recommendations about the interview that might help? Thank you!

Good luck this Friday!

The interview was pretty chill. Mainly asked about my application. So that would be your grade, your ecs, why you want to be a doctor? But try to be you. and what you would do if med school doesn't work out for you.

Keep us updated haha

Just had my interview! and thanks for all the info guys! :) goodluck to everyone else too!

Good luck this Friday!

The interview was pretty chill. Mainly asked about my application. So that would be your grade, your ecs, why you want to be a doctor? But try to be you. and what you would do if med school doesn't work out for you.

Keep us updated haha

Just had my interview! and thanks for all the info guys! :) goodluck to everyone else too!

Do you guys know if interviews can be conducted by phone or Skype for OOS students? I live in TN and would rather not incur travel costs. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I finally have my interview this week! Any and all advice would be great on how yours went. If it makes any difference, mine is in person.

how long did it take for them to reply to you guys about your acceptance? I had my interview around March 13th and I still haven't heard anything from KGI :(

how long did it take for them to reply to you guys about your acceptance? I had my interview around March 13th and I still haven't heard anything from KGI :(
Don't give up. I had my interview back in November and heard back early February I believr.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received my acceptance today! Still waiting to hear back from a few schools, but I'm leaning more towards this program. Is there a Facebook group or anything for accepted students?
There is LinkedIn page which you will be invited later! There isn't a Facebook group that I know of! But we could make one if we wish I suppose! I guess I will do it?

Does KGI has link with any medical school? Any past students get into MD/DO schools after finishing their MBS program?

Does KGI has link with any medical school? Any past students get into MD/DO schools after finishing their MBS program?
LOG does not have linkage to any medical schools. However, the director has very close relationship with many of the medical school admission officers, which explains why we have the advising course. I know the people who pursue MBS from the start usually go into biotech industry. For those who started with the postbac program and did MBS after did get into medical schools all around the US.
Sure, that would be great! :)
Okay!

If you would like to join the facebook group, let me know!

Hello! I recently got accepted to this program and was wondering if anyone who decided to go could talk about their experience?