KCUMB-COB 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDtoMD16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
New year new thread. Would love any input from current COB students.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Thinking about applying to this.

I'm a current COB student applying to the COM. Any questions are welcomed! :welcome:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current COB student applying to the COM. Any questions are welcomed! :welcome:

I got a couple if you don't mind

Do you know if the one year program can be switched into the two year program after starting?
If I plan on applying to the COM do I need to submit an aacomas application in the summer of should I just wait until after school starts or when fall grades come out and we meet whatever the gpa requirement is?
How's the weekly class schedule in your opinion?

I got a couple if you don't mind

Do you know if the one year program can be switched into the two year program after starting?
If I plan on applying to the COM do I need to submit an aacomas application in the summer of should I just wait until after school starts or when fall grades come out and we meet whatever the gpa requirement is?
How's the weekly class schedule in your opinion?

1. Yes, you can switch into the 2-year program after starting, but I suggest to switch as soon as you can. The 2-years have to work with their designated research faculty while taking less classes than 1-years. There are less than 10 students in our class who chose this track, so our dean was encouraging students to switch.

- For KCU, the admins suggested to submit AACOMAS app (primary) before 10/15. After the initial verification by AACOMAS (I submitted mine during the first week of Oct. and it took 2 weeks to be verified), KCU will put your primary on hold until everyone has their final fall grades in. In Dec., they will send secondaries to those who are qualified, and the deadline of the secondary was 1/13. If they didn't receive your primary before they are sending out secondaries, you WON'T automatically get a secondary even when you meet the GPA requirement. You'll have to contact them for one. Note that even if your GPA did not meet the requirement (3.5), your application will still be reviewed and you still have some chance to receive a secondary.
- For other schools, if you:
(1) have decent undergrad GPAs, and
(2) are not planning to re-take the MCAT after school starts, and
(3) clearly know which schools you want to apply to,
you should submit in the summer. I delayed mine until Oct. b/c my GPA & MCAT were low and I didn't want other schools to make decisions before seeing my improvements. The KCU student affairs staff will give a presentation in early Sep. about which schools you should apply to (categorized by high/low score requirements & regional bias). This was also a reason why I delayed my primary.

3. I like our weekly class schedule. Fall classes start at 8 or 9 am and usually end before noon, and if you chose a certain elective, it will end at 1~2 pm. Spring classes start at 8 or 9:30 am depending on your elective, and end around noon. The scientific seminar (class section was randomly assigned) is variable among students. It can start right after the last class of the day or a few blocks after. Pretty doable overall. I like to have a continuous block of study time (rather than having to go to a lab at 5:30 pm as in my undergrad). Note that all of the above are how it's like this year. They can always adjust the schedule.

Reactions: 1 user
How difficult is the program to succeed in, to KCUMB standards, 3.5 or higher? And do students that do achieve this gpa as long as they are not obnoxious, have a good chance of matriculating into the medical school even if they dont meet the 501 mcat requirement?

How difficult is the program to succeed in, to KCUMB standards, 3.5 or higher? And do students that do achieve this gpa as long as they are not obnoxious, have a good chance of matriculating into the medical school even if they dont meet the 501 mcat requirement?

For the fall semester, I'd say a 3.5 or higher is very doable when you focus on schoolwork and have little to no ECs. Most of the time you just need to study the powerpoints and you can do fine (above a B). Biochem's first exam was the only time that I felt necessary to read the textbook. My GPA for the fall was between 3.5-3.6, and my class rank is around the third quarter. So seems like most of us are doing well. As long as you are persistent and have good time management, you can be successful.
The spring semester has been a much different story though. I feel that I have to study much harder to achieve certain grades. There have been so many molecular stuff to memorize and assignments (essays) that took away my study time. Thankfully, only fall GPA counts toward the application...

Regarding the chance of matriculating without a 501- I do not know how good the chance is, but the admissions did say that they value GPA more than the MCAT.
I feel that you have to be outstanding at something and/or be disadvantaged in some situation to compensate for the score. I did not get a 501 and I was still granted an interview - and I think it's most likely that I was very involved in biomedical research and I do have an educational disadvantage. I know someone on another thread who got in without a 501 but had significant leadership experience to compensate.

Hope the above helps! If not, I'd still be happy to explain more and/or answer further questions.

For the fall semester, I'd say a 3.5 or higher is very doable when you focus on schoolwork and have little to no ECs. Most of the time you just need to study the powerpoints and you can do fine (above a B). Biochem's first exam was the only time that I felt necessary to read the textbook. My GPA for the fall was between 3.5-3.6, and my class rank is around the third quarter. So seems like most of us are doing well. As long as you are persistent and have good time management, you can be successful.
The spring semester has been a much different story though. I feel that I have to study much harder to achieve certain grades. There have been so many molecular stuff to memorize and assignments (essays) that took away my study time. Thankfully, only fall GPA counts toward the application...

Regarding the chance of matriculating without a 501- I do not know how good the chance is, but the admissions did say that they value GPA more than the MCAT.
I feel that you have to be outstanding at something and/or be disadvantaged in some situation to compensate for the score. I did not get a 501 and I was still granted an interview - and I think it's most likely that I was very involved in biomedical research and I do have an educational disadvantage. I know someone on another thread who got in without a 501 but had significant leadership experience to compensate.

Hope the above helps! If not, I'd still be happy to explain more and/or answer further questions.

Hey...Is it reasonable to expect an acceptance if one were to check each of the boxes:

501 MCAT (prior to program start)
3.5 GPA in program
No funny business
No monkeying around

It seems like EC's and additional LORs outside of the program are gonna be hard to come by/make time for. My ECs are average and likely wouldn't be vastly improved during the course of the program, so I hope it wouldn't be the factor preventing me from admissions to the COM.

Hey...Is it reasonable to expect an acceptance if one were to check each of the boxes:

501 MCAT (prior to program start)
3.5 GPA in program
No funny business
No monkeying around

It seems like EC's and additional LORs outside of the program are gonna be hard to come by/make time for. My ECs are average and likely wouldn't be vastly improved during the course of the program, so I hope it wouldn't be the factor preventing me from admissions to the COM.

I think it's reasonable to expect an acceptance if all the above were checked, BUT if most of your classmates met the above requirements, the admins are gonna select based on the ECs and/or essays. That being said, your ECs can't be too average...unless you have very convincing MCAT and/or COB GPA. I learned that a current COM student who were in the COB and did not do any ECs during the program and still got in- he made a 4.0 in the program.

Just an update about myself: I got rejected today. Very disappointed... I was expecting at least being waitlisted.

I think it's reasonable to expect an acceptance if all the above were checked, BUT if most of your classmates met the above requirements, the admins are gonna select based on the ECs and/or essays. That being said, your ECs can't be too average...unless you have very convincing MCAT and/or COB GPA. I learned that a current COM student who were in the COB and did not do any ECs during the program and still got in- he made a 4.0 in the program.

Just an update about myself: I got rejected today. Very disappointed... I was expecting at least being waitlisted.

Hey I'm really sorry to hear :(

I'd assume that if you crush the rest of the second semester and retake the MCAT in June/July...you should hold an acceptance by September. Good luck!

Hey I'm really sorry to hear :(

I'd assume that if you crush the rest of the second semester and retake the MCAT in June/July...you should hold an acceptance by September. Good luck!

Thank you for your encouragement!

Unfortunately, the COB program concludes in late June, with the thesis presentation and a cumulative exam that covers a year worth of material. So I don't think retake the MCAT this year is realistic for me... I have actually decided to skip this upcoming cycle and improve my entire package. :)

Thank you for your encouragement!

Unfortunately, the COB program concludes in late June, with the thesis presentation and a cumulative exam that covers a year worth of material. So I don't think retake the MCAT this year is realistic for me... I have actually decided to skip this upcoming cycle and improve my entire package. :)

Can you tell us more about the thesis presentation portion of the COB requirement. And the differences between the Research Track vs the One Year track for the research portion of the curriculum?

Can you tell us more about the thesis presentation portion of the COB requirement. And the differences between the Research Track vs the One Year track for the research portion of the curriculum?

So for the 1-yr track we have a class called "Scientific Seminar". 3-credit, and meet in small groups every other week (basically) for a total of 8 times to discuss the assigned reading. It feels like a book club. Then before each meeting we submit a 500-word essay assignment. At the end of the semester for this class, everyone makes a 20-minute thesis presentation and presents to the class. This happens during the last 2~3 week before the cumulative exam. For the presentation, you only need to write a 500-word thesis proposal (just a regular essay and very simple) on topics you like and/or that connected to your bi-weekly reading. You'll have to search research articles or other literatures to support your thesis. After that you submit a final descriptive outline (also 500-word) for your presentation. On your presentation day, you present, and the audience may ask you some questions. The faculty assign several students to present each day. Everything in this course is graded. The attendance to all of your classmates' presentations is required. The workload of this course depends on the prof who leads your small group. My prof has been easy and we don't have much reading. In conclusion, we are not required to conduct or help in any research. If you really want to do research as a 1-yr, you need to have a 3.5 GPA, and they will connect you to the research faculty.
I'm not sure if the 2-yr research track has this course or not. But I guess not.

Differences between 1-yr & 2-yr: the 2-yr people take less classes each semester. They are assigned (or pick, I'm not sure) to research faculty and do research with them. There are less than 10 students on this track. I heard that the COM admissions prefers 2-yr than 1-yr when accepting applicants off the waitlist. However, this can just be a rumor.
I don't have a full understanding of the 2-yr track, as I'm a 1-yr myself. The above is all what I have known/heard, so hopefully the actual 2-yr students here can provide additional inputs or confirm what I said.

Some related comments: I heard some people switch from 1-yr to 2-yr. Either they want to do the research, or they can't handle the workload in 1-yr. The workload in 1-yr can be difficult, but for me it's pretty doable as long as you have good time management and persistent.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Just a clarifying question. When you say your class rank is around the third quarter. That means you are finishing in the top 25% of your class correct, Not the bottom 25%? Meaning 25% of your class is getting above a 3.5 and the other 75% is getting below roughly speaking...

Are there any electives you would stay away from because of boring subject, professor is poor, tests are too difficult(too much self teaching), etc?

Just a clarifying question. When you say your class rank is around the third quarter. That means you are finishing in the top 25% of your class correct, Not the bottom 25%? Meaning 25% of your class is getting above a 3.5 and the other 75% is getting below roughly speaking...

I Interpreted third quarter as between 50-75th percentile. So, all of the top 50% is getting the 3.5 and some below that as well.

Sorry guys, my previous post about my class rank was vague. So I meant that I am #75-#80 in my class. Around 75% of the class had a grade equal or higher than mine.

My undergrad GPA's (sci & cumulative) are 3.2-3.4 from a #70-80 nationally ranked university. So even if you are also an average kid, you still have chance to make some improvements.

On a different note- today I just learned that around 30 people in my class earned a 4.0 for the fall semester. Hopefully this generates some hope for all of you.

Last edited:
Current stats for COB class of 2017 admission:

"65-66 interviewed (on 3/14 or 3/15)
23 accepted to KC
14 accepted to Joplin
29 got waitlisted (rejections may be included)"

All the above came from a classmate.

P.S. last year during this time 27 out of 40-45 interviewed got accepted. See how the numbers grow.

Last edited:
Are there any electives you would stay away from because of boring subject, professor is poor, tests are too difficult(too much self teaching), etc?

For the electives for this year, there are only 4 and you need to pick 2 (1 for each semester): histology & microbiology (fall) and human embryology & human genetics (spring). These can still be changed b/c these are new for this year. There are really no much choices, at least for this year lol

For me I chose histology & embryo. I don't have much negative aspects of the electives to tell but I can let you know why I picked those two.

For the fall I was initially clueless honestly. I ended up with histo b/c I like to study the greater aspects of science and not the little molecular chemicals as possibly would encounter in microbio. Later in the semester I learned that the histo prof is easy. He provided (and have been providing) us with some practice questions that are essentially test questions. He also provided us with review PPT's that were quite honest- he did not expect us to memorize things that were outside these review PPT's, however, sometimes there were still 2-3 questions that weren't covered. I'm not sure about the micro prof regarding test preparation but in her class there were essays to do. I hate and am weak in writing essays so it was a blessing to not have any assignments in histo.

For the spring I was debating initially. The embryo has the same prof as histo and since I did well in histo I was really interested in taking his class again. However, the gen prof seems more knowledgeable with clinical research experience and I like to study anything clinical. On top of that the gen prof uses the exact same textbook that I used for my sophomore year gen class. At the end I still chose embryo cuz I decided to have another easy class and not to risk encountering difficult exams. And still, I believe that embryo should have less little molecular chemical stuff, though we still have had a lot of them to learn.

My histo/embryo prof seems to be specialized in comparative anatomy- so fish, amphibians, reptiles, and embryo of some of them, etc were what he talked about mostly. Human-related material was covered but not as extensively as comparative stuff. He also has had an emphasis on neurology- neuro anatomy/physio and the transmission pathways. If you absolutely hate those, you may still consider other options. A huge advantage that is worth to tell other than his test preparations is that his PPT's have been very organized (though boring & textbook-like) unlike some other profs who threw out a bunch of crap that they skipped over in classes and were not on the tests.

Last edited:
Another thing that I'd like to mention: I totally regret that I took the Jan. MCAT between my COB fall and spring semesters. I still didn't exceed a 501.

I was WL'ed for COB in March and accepted off the WL in April last year. If I went back to then, I would start studying for the MCAT and take the MCAT in summer or in Sep for the latest. There is essentially no much time to study for the MCAT during the fall semester, and the entire winter + few weeks of the beginning of the spring semester was not enough for me.

Totally. Regretful. I'm about to tear up while I am writing this cuz I didn't look up anything regarding the MCAT when I was in your position.

I know 2 of my classmates who also did not exceed 501 for Jan. MCAT. We were all invited to the COB interview, but none of us got accepted. MCAT score definitely means a lot to the admissions so you guys really should do well and not simply expecting miracles to happen (sorry it's a bit harsh but I just want to be honest and straightforward).

Last edited:
Sorry guys, my previous post about my class rank was vague. So I meant that I am #75-#80 in my class. Around 75% of the class had a grade equal or higher than mine.

My undergrad GPA's (sci & cumulative) are 3.2-3.4 from a #70-80 nationally ranked university. So even if you are also an average kid, you still have chance to make some improvements.

On a different note- today I just learned that around 30 people in my class earned a 4.0 for the fall semester. Hopefully this generates some hope for all of you.

Current stats for COB class of 2017 admission:

"65-66 interviewed (on 3/14 or 3/15)
23 accepted to KC
14 accepted to Joplin
29 got waitlisted (rejections may be included)"

All the above came from a classmate.

P.S. last year during this time 27 out of 40-45 interviewed got accepted. See how the numbers grow.

God damn. This years COB cohort must be really smart / hard working...seems like ~80% or more has the 3.5 GPA and up to 66% got the interview. Hopefully, they don't look at those numbers and jack up the curriculum for next year!

Do you know any stats of people getting in without the 501 MCAT?

God damn. This years COB cohort must be really smart / hard working...seems like ~80% or more has the 3.5 GPA and up to 66% got the interview. Hopefully, they don't look at those numbers and jack up the curriculum for next year!

They actually said that our class was the most academically prepared in the COB history lol I heard that they are bringing the human anatomy back (now we have mostly comparative anatomy with little human anatomy) and that's all I have heard. Until then, y'all are safe. :cat:

Last edited:
Did they give you feedback after the interview of what to improve upon?

I asked after the rejection and they suggested to improve my entire package- MCAT, interview skills, community service, etc.

Below is a summary of the email:

Comments that I think applicable to current COB students specifically:
- Involve with the KC community. The student affairs office might be able to give you some ideas or ways to get involved.
- Highly recommend applying early in the cycle for next year. Recommend to apply prior to September 15; to at least hit the submit button on AACOMAS by then. That gives you some time to add experiences, finish the master’s program here at KCU, and look to retake your MCAT.
- Reach out to the 2 learning specialists at KCU. They can help with some areas of your application and your re-application. One area to talk with them about is your interview skills. They can certainly provide some tips and maybe mock interview situations to help you feel more comfortable.
- You can reach out to those learning specialists after graduation. Your email account access will be deleted after graduation, but you are welcome to still contact them.
- As for retaking the MCAT, highly recommended speak with the 2 learning specialists about a schedule of study for the test. Taking more than [3 times] is something KCU looks at when reviewing applications.
- Recommend to have a good 6 months of study before taking the MCAT again. The last time it is offered is September so that leaves you with very little wiggle room for study.
- Do not give up hope and start to let your grades slide in the biosciences program.
- Once you graduate from the program, ***the guarantee of an interview is not offered. ***
- KCU does offer preference in the process for graduates of KCU programs. If you apply again, ***please let [the admissions] know and keep an eye out for communications.*** You are always welcome to email [them] with any questions through the process.

Comments that I think applicable to general applicants:
- Check in your daily life and the things you enjoy doing to see if there are any opportunities to get involved.
- My question: Suppose that I spend 6 months to prepare for the MCAT as you suggested, and do not do any ECs during this time frame so that I can completely focus on studying. Would this appear negative for the admissions? In the secondary there was a question about multitasking, so I'm wondering if the admissions may question my ability to handle multiple obligations.
The answer I got: You are right about the multi-tasking but you do need to concentrate on the mcat prep. You can possibly combine the two and take a time on a “day off” study time to do community service.

I asked after the rejection and they suggested to improve my entire package- MCAT, interview skills, community service, etc.

Below is a summary of the email:

Comments that I think applicable to current COB students specifically:
- Involve with the KC community. The student affairs office might be able to give you some ideas or ways to get involved.
- Highly recommend applying early in the cycle for next year. Recommend to apply prior to September 15; to at least hit the submit button on AACOMAS by then. That gives you some time to add experiences, finish the master’s program here at KCU, and look to retake your MCAT.
- Reach out to the 2 learning specialists at KCU. They can help with some areas of your application and your re-application. One area to talk with them about is your interview skills. They can certainly provide some tips and maybe mock interview situations to help you feel more comfortable.
- You can reach out to those learning specialists after graduation. Your email account access will be deleted after graduation, but you are welcome to still contact them.
- As for retaking the MCAT, highly recommended speak with the 2 learning specialists about a schedule of study for the test. Taking more than [3 times] is something KCU looks at when reviewing applications.
- Recommend to have a good 6 months of study before taking the MCAT again. The last time it is offered is September so that leaves you with very little wiggle room for study.
- Do not give up hope and start to let your grades slide in the biosciences program.
- Once you graduate from the program, ***the guarantee of an interview is not offered. ***
- KCU does offer preference in the process for graduates of KCU programs. If you apply again, ***please let [the admissions] know and keep an eye out for communications.*** You are always welcome to email [them] with any questions through the process.

Comments that I think applicable to general applicants:
- Check in your daily life and the things you enjoy doing to see if there are any opportunities to get involved.
- My question: Suppose that I spend 6 months to prepare for the MCAT as you suggested, and do not do any ECs during this time frame so that I can completely focus on studying. Would this appear negative for the admissions? In the secondary there was a question about multitasking, so I'm wondering if the admissions may question my ability to handle multiple obligations.
The answer I got: You are right about the multi-tasking but you do need to concentrate on the mcat prep. You can possibly combine the two and take a time on a “day off” study time to do community service.

Hey thank you for your information and the time you have taken to provide us with this invaluable information/insight into the program.

My generalized comment regarding your situation is that allotting 6 months for dedicated mcat studying is excessive. As future DO students, we will be bombarded with standardized exams. Possibly even more so than MD students with the likelihood of having to write both COMLEX + USMLE. You won't receive a fraction of dedicated study time for any of the steps and they will make the MCAT look like a high school exam.

You certainly don't lack any of the prerequisite knowledge and judging by your performance in the COB, you possess the ability understand higher complex material. I would say, all you have to do is find your confidence and practice! good luck!

Hey thank you for your information and the time you have taken to provide us with this invaluable information/insight into the program.

My generalized comment regarding your situation is that allotting 6 months for dedicated mcat studying is excessive. As future DO students, we will be bombarded with standardized exams. Possibly even more so than MD students with the likelihood of having to write both COMLEX + USMLE. You won't receive a fraction of dedicated study time for any of the steps and they will make the MCAT look like a high school exam.

You certainly don't lack any of the prerequisite knowledge and judging by your performance in the COB, you possess the ability understand higher complex material. I would say, all you have to do is find your confidence and practice! good luck!

You're welcome. I imagined myself in your shoes and those what I have said were what I wished to hear.

Thank you for having such a confidence on me. However, I still think my original plan is better for me cuz if I were to take the Sep. MCAT, that means I have to start studying for it soon after the end of the program and barely have time to be involved in volunteering. I wouldn't worry about the science sections, but I do need some quality of time to improve my CARS section. :) (For my most recent MCAT, the difference between my highest science section and CARS is around 5.)

Your thought on the COMLEX/USMLE is reasonable. But, I believe that the admissions may only care about the results rather than how much time I spend on studying. If that's a concern they wouldn't have recommended the 6 months. My ability to manage the COMLEX/USMLE can be developed after I actually get into a med school. It's too early and quite unnecessary to worry about the COMLEX/USMLE for now.

Last edited:
Can you explain what a conditional acceptance is vs being on the waitlist?

Not sure about the conditional acceptance as I haven't heard anything about it in my class so if I'm wrong please correct:

In my understanding, after you are conditionally accepted, you have to pass all the classes as well as the cumulative exam in order to keep the seat. If you fail any of the classes and/or the cumulative exam, you are dismissed from the COB (this rule is applied to every COB student), and in the worst case, your COM acceptance will be invalidated.

For the waitlist, even if you complete the program successfully, you might still not be accepted off the waitlist, and have to reapply the next cycle.

Another warning: look at all programs and not just KCU's.

I made a mistake by only looking at and applying to KCU-COB. KCU was the only DO school that sent me SMP application invitations. I would have gone to a different program if I looked up all available programs. Sadly I wasn't aware that other schools also provide such program.

My suggestion is to try to find a program that you have the best chance to be successful in and that would help you to be successful later on. Compare KCU with other schools. Don't get too satisfied by KCU's ranking and other advantages. The most important thing is to get in a medical school (or other professional school) and not the program you graduate from. Unless you want to pursue a PhD.

This question has probably been asked but what is the dress code for student accepted day?

This question has probably been asked but what is the dress code for student accepted day?

I'm not sure if it was business casual or casual, but definitely not professional attire. The orientation required professional attire for some days though.

An update regarding the scientific seminar course:
It's 3-credit, and not 1-credit as I mentioned several posts back. We talked to our president regarding the problem of attending all students' presentations (so 100+ of them) and having to take the comprehensive exam soon after the last presentation (alternative exam: one day after, or regular exam: a week after). The result for now is that we still have to attend every presentation session b/c it's a 3-credit course.

Hi,

I'm also a current COB student. I know I'm seeing this a little late but I just wanted to follow up on your question as I currently hold a conditional acceptance. Anyone that gets "accepted" to COM from COB is considered to have a conditional acceptance. All this means is that you have to successfully graduate from the program with a GPA of a 3.5 or higher, pass the cumulative exam, pass the scientific seminar course, and receive a letter from the dean saying you are in good standing (basically they check in with the dean to make sure you attended all required events and haven't gotten in trouble or anything, there is nothing you have to do for this).

Also, I would like to add that this program is very doable if you are dedicated to it. The class average GPA after the fall semester was a 3.7. If you get a 90 or higher in any course it is considered a 4.0 (there are no pluses/minuses for there A range, only for B's and below). I started this program with a science GPA of a 3.4 and am ending the program with a 4.0. I think this is an invaluable program and prepares you exceedingly well for medical school.

One final word, they are constantly changing the curriculum for the program. With that being said, I've heard rumor of the scientific seminar course changing and them doing away with presentations and having you guys write a thesis paper instead. Again, who knows what will actually happen so don't count on anything prior to the course.

Hey guys.

I realize this is pretty late in the game, but is anyone here looking for a roommate for 2017-2018? Or does anyone know of a good resource to go about looking for an available place? Thanks for the help.

Hey guys.

I realize this is pretty late in the game, but is anyone here looking for a roommate for 2017-2018? Or does anyone know of a good resource to go about looking for an available place? Thanks for the help.
You can email Gia at Century Towers Apartment, or you can post in COB or COM's Facebook groups.

Was it a good programme? Would you recommend it? I got rejected from KCU-COM, and got an e-mail to apply to this KCU one year or two year programme. At face value, it just looks like a money grab for them since I probably don't meet the requirements to attend a medical school, anyway.

cGPA = 3.20
sGPA = 3.21
MCAT = 126-124-126-126 (502)

Hi,

I'm also a current COB student. I know I'm seeing this a little late but I just wanted to follow up on your question as I currently hold a conditional acceptance. Anyone that gets "accepted" to COM from COB is considered to have a conditional acceptance. All this means is that you have to successfully graduate from the program with a GPA of a 3.5 or higher, pass the cumulative exam, pass the scientific seminar course, and receive a letter from the dean saying you are in good standing (basically they check in with the dean to make sure you attended all required events and haven't gotten in trouble or anything, there is nothing you have to do for this).

Also, I would like to add that this program is very doable if you are dedicated to it. The class average GPA after the fall semester was a 3.7. If you get a 90 or higher in any course it is considered a 4.0 (there are no pluses/minuses for there A range, only for B's and below). I started this program with a science GPA of a 3.4 and am ending the program with a 4.0. I think this is an invaluable program and prepares you exceedingly well for medical school.

One final word, they are constantly changing the curriculum for the program. With that being said, I've heard rumor of the scientific seminar course changing and them doing away with presentations and having you guys write a thesis paper instead. Again, who knows what will actually happen so don't count on anything prior to the course.

Yeah, it seems like they are just making it harder and harder. Honestly, it disappoints and discourages me that I had a 3.48 cGPA and a 3.31 sGPA which went DOWN to 3.20 and 3.21, respectively because they just HAD to change the policy RIGHT as I was about to apply. Now that I got rejected from KCU, they sent me an e-mail "encouraging" me to apply to their Masters Programme which honestly sounds like a money grab to me, and won't get me in anyway since my MCAT is a 502 (126-124-126-126). I don't know though, what do you think? Is it worth it?

Was it a good programme? Would you recommend it? I got rejected from KCU-COM, and got an e-mail to apply to this KCU one year or two year programme. At face value, it just looks like a money grab for them since I probably don't meet the requirements to attend a medical school, anyway.

cGPA = 3.20
sGPA = 3.21
MCAT = 126-124-126-126 (502)

Hey Chromatic543 I'm so sorry that I saw your post only now. If it's not too late to reply please send me a PM and I will reply.