KCU Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not really sure what to think for that test average. Maybe somewhere around 76-78%.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. I was hoping for mid C range.

I'm over it. I wrote probably the harshest review of any course yet. I feel like even Endo or Repro last year was run more smoothly than this disaster of a class.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm over it. I wrote probably the harshest review of any course yet. I feel like even Endo or Repro last year was run more smoothly than this disaster of a class.

Wow. One would have thought after all the reviews and complaining we did it would've gotten at least a little better....

Overall, 2nd year is a beast. Survive. Pass boards and move on. Truly. Third year is so much better....so believe me, just make it through this year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Wow. One would have thought after all the reviews and complaining we did it would've gotten at least a little better....

Overall, 2nd year is a beast. Survive. Pass boards and move on. Truly. Third year is so much better....so believe me, just make it through this year.

It was a pretty hard section. Hopefully they'll make it easier.

Last edited:
FA does a good job for boards. You'll be fine. :)

Last edited:

I seriously find it baffling that with all the alumni around KC they can't find a neprhologist I teach the clinical portion of renal 2...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I seriously find it baffling that with all the alumni around KC they can't find a neprhologist I teach the clinical portion of renal 2...

The staffing is a bit weird, not going to lie. Johnston is a pretty good teacher though, so I'm more than happy for him to teach Cardio. But a nephrologist specifically would be nice.

i hope you are joking, the class was fine, med school isnt suppose to be easy. it is amazing how much people in our class complain.

i hope you are joking, the class was fine, med school isnt suppose to be easy. it is amazing how much people in our class complain.

Well this is SDN, an open forum where you can do things like complain about class. Sorry that bothered you so much that you had to create an account and complain about us complaning. Blows my mind that you think by now we are expecting med school to be "easy".

Creative username as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

So basically lets be dismissive and pretend that it makes everything alright? Well I can probably tell you a few specialties you might want to avoid with that theory of social interaction.

So basically lets be dismissive and pretend that it makes everything alright? Well I can probably tell you a few specialties you might want to avoid with that theory of social interaction.

Yep not only is med school supposed to be hard but you aren't allowed to complain...ever about anything. Just smile and do whatever you need to do to appease anyone and everyone. LOL

Yep not only is med school supposed to be hard but you aren't allowed to complain...ever about anything. Just smile and do whatever you need to do to appease anyone and everyone. LOL

Honestly the one thing I sincerely love about our school is how we've really grown close to each other through the suffering haha. But honestly no one in our class is legitimately fully happy with how Renal went. Like where I found Neuro to be hellish, I could at least fully say that I knew most of the material for Hon's test and knew enough of the material for Puthoff. In Renal I was legitimately like what is a prostate 3 days out from the test.

Honestly Dr. Hon should just teach all the courses.

Reactions: 2 users
Mid 70s.

Can they please give us a break though? The whole test + 2 other things schedule is exhausting.

Mid 70s.

Can they please give us a break though? The whole test + 2 other things schedule is exhausting.
I usually don't mind having an OS lab on test days, but today we have a pharm DSA, a clinical med DSA, and the EKG book as a DSA. Seems kinda crazy.

I usually don't mind having an OS lab on test days, but today we have a pharm DSA, a clinical med DSA, and the EKG book as a DSA. Seems kinda crazy.

I was talking about the last week having two things to do, i.e SP or Score 1 & competency. This week is going to be another bundle of fun. But that's what life is for us at this point.

I was talking about the last week having two things to do, i.e SP or Score 1 & competency. This week is going to be another bundle of fun. But that's what life is for us at this point.

This week is gunna be a bundle branch block. Is it too early for jokes?

Ohhh, ok. Thought you meant stuff this afternoon. Yeah, last week had a lot of stuff. The competency especially covered a lot of material.

I love the DSA today

"EKG Book"

......ok.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

There were quite a few EKGs on our final. The only exam in my pre-clinical years where I ran out of time and had to guess on 10-15 questions.

I would do a quick review of EKGs and know how to determine rate, rhythm, axis, and obvious abnormalities cold.

There were quite a few EKGs on our final. The only exam in my pre-clinical years where I ran out of time and had to guess on 10-15 questions.

I would do a quick review of EKGs and know how to determine rate, rhythm, axis, and obvious abnormalities cold.

I ran out of time on our first year cardio for similar reasons. An EKG takes time to read. It's certainly not the hardest thing ever comparatively ( I think they're fun to do honestly), but timing is something that probably takes time...

I ran out of time today....

I left 10 minutes before the clock. But I also did not attempt to really review much of the test. Though most of the questions that I had flagged I legitimately could not reason through. So why extend suffering?

It seems like a quick turnaround for them from the midterm today to the final next Friday. There's a Score 1 and a competency in between too. Hopefully they can take the final the next Monday.

It seems like a quick turnaround for them from the midterm today to the final next Friday. There's a Score 1 and a competency in between too. Hopefully they can take the final the next Monday.

I think they are taking about the midterm because all the bioethics people were at a conference and took theres today.

I think they are taking about the midterm because all the bioethics people were at a conference and took theres today.

Well, I think the cardio final was originally on the 24th, but was moved to the 21st so we'd have a weekend "off". I was just meaning that since the bioethics people took the midterm today, that's two days of less time for final studying than we have.

I think they may be given that option. But honestly I doubt anyone will want to do that as opposed to having two days off.

But honestly how many more competencies and labs are there in this semester?

Thanks to any anatomy tutors and TAs here for help during MSK!

Suggestions on textbooks and study aids for Cardiopulmonary and renal to close out the semester?

Thanks to any anatomy tutors and TAs here for help during MSK!

Suggestions on textbooks and study aids for Cardiopulmonary and renal to close out the semester?

I highly recommend Costanzo for the physiology portion of each system.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure why it all happened the way it did.

Personally when I hit submit I wasn't sure I scored above a 50.