Kaplan vs Rx qbanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

backside_attack

MS2
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone -- I've seen some older threads about this but wanted a more up to date opinion.

I just finished MS1. Not looking to immediately jump into a q-bank, but researching my options/plan for next year and Step 1 prep. I'm looking into which q-bank to use along-side class (and saving UWorld for dedicated - right?).

My main question: what is the difference between Kaplan's q-bank and Rx? Money is not an issue here, but there's a 30% discount on Kaplan with AMA membership (which I have) and that $60 savings is enticing. BUT my academic skills advisor at school said I should do Rx because it will help me know FA better and she likes how it interfaces with FA so well.

I'm wondering if I should get Rx to know FA better, or if having Kaplan would accomplish the same without interfacing so seamlessly with FA? Like, is diversity in resources better than focusing entirely on FA? Or am I overthinking this?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone -- I've seen some older threads about this but wanted a more up to date opinion.

I just finished MS1. Not looking to immediately jump into a q-bank, but researching my options/plan for next year and Step 1 prep. I'm looking into which q-bank to use along-side class (and saving UWorld for dedicated - right?).

My main question: what is the difference between Kaplan's q-bank and Rx? Money is not an issue here, but there's a 30% discount on Kaplan with AMA membership (which I have) and that $60 savings is enticing. BUT my academic skills advisor at school said I should do Rx because it will help me know FA better and she likes how it interfaces with FA so well.

I'm wondering if I should get Rx to know FA better, or if having Kaplan would accomplish the same without interfacing so seamlessly with FA? Like, is diversity in resources better than focusing entirely on FA? Or am I overthinking this?

You're overthinking. Personally I prefer Rx for exactly the reason you stated. More familiarity with FA. People have said Kaplan can tend to be low yield.

You're overthinking. Personally I prefer Rx for exactly the reason you stated. More familiarity with FA. People have said Kaplan can tend to be low yield.
Thank you, that is exactly what I needed to hear. I had a feeling I was way overthinking it. And good to know about Kaplan!

Reactions: 1 user