Kaplan Practice Tests vs DAT Bootcamp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jueves

#FreeJueves
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm taking the DAT in 7 days, and for the Kaplan tests i've been scoring around 20-23 on the Orgo and Gen Chem, missing anywhere from 7-3 questions. However, when I take the DAT Bootcamp tests i'm missing like 11 problems and getting 18s/17s on Orgo and Gen Chem. My question is: Which DAT practice exam is more representative? Should i be worried about the variation between the two prep websites?

Members don't see this ad.

I think DAT bootcamp gives a better representation of the test. My bio score was higher in the real exam and my math was way lower. Other than that, everything was exactly the same.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think kaplan gives good score prediction. I did a kaplan test a bit before my actual test and it wasn't very close. Bootcamp was a bit closer with score prediction but also not all that close ... I scored higher on the real than I did on bootcamp (all of my test scores are at the bottom of my breakdown if you're curious). @ImSirius compiled data that shows what people got on their actual DAT vs Bootcamp and could give you some predictions. (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...iting-for-dat-bootcamp-vs-actual-dat.1204698/)

Bottom line though- I don't think there is a fool proof way to predict a persons DAT score. I think some students focus so much on trying to predict their score- IMO i wouldnt focus too hard on it and just focus on making sure you know all the content.

Bottom line though- I don't think there is a fool proof way to predict a persons DAT score. I think some students focus so much on trying to predict their score- IMO i wouldnt focus too hard on it and just focus on making sure you know all the content.
This.

Sorry for the late reply guys.. Its been a busy week with studying. I've been getting my DAT bootcamp practice Scores up to 20/21..
Test 1/2/3 BIO/GC/OC
18-20-19
19-22-20
18-20-21

Do you guys think I'm ready for a 21TS?? I heard BC is harder but not sure on how much.

Boot camp 100%. It alone increased my score 4 points from my first test to my second.

Hey guys, i'm taking the DAT in 7 days, and for the Kaplan tests i've been scoring around 20-23 on the Orgo and Gen Chem, missing anywhere from 7-3 questions. However, when I take the DAT Bootcamp tests i'm missing like 11 problems and getting 18s/17s on Orgo and Gen Chem. My question is: Which DAT practice exam is more representative? Should i be worried about the variation between the two prep websites?
hey just wondering where do you get the kaplan tests? i've been trying to find them. is it from the prep course? and is there no other way of getting them unless you purchase the prep course

hey just wondering where do you get the kaplan tests? i've been trying to find them. is it from the prep course? and is there no other way of getting them unless you purchase the prep course
You can go onto Amazon and search up "Kaplan DAT" and the first one that comes up (the DAT 2017-2018 Strategies, Practice and Review) comes with two online tests. Hope this helps :)