Kaplan PCAT vs. Actual PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plusle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took the first Kaplan PCAT practice exam. I knew beforehand that it is quite a ways harder than the actual exam but wanted more feedback on it. I scored 59th percentile which I'm not proud of but to be fair I have not taken a single semester of OChem. However on the test I found the Biological Processes passage questions to be quite hard. Almost all the Chemical Processes passages were rooted on OChem so basically it was a guessing party for those questions. In addition, there was no nomenclature questions for OChem questions which is the only part of OChem that made some sense to me having not taken the class itself. How reflective is the Kaplan test in general to the real PCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

So I just took the first Kaplan PCAT practice exam. I knew beforehand that it is quite a ways harder than the actual exam but wanted more feedback on it. I scored 59th percentile which I'm not proud of but to be fair I have not taken a single semester of OChem. However on the test I found the Biological Processes passage questions to be quite hard. Almost all the Chemical Processes passages were rooted on OChem so basically it was a guessing party for those questions. In addition, there was no nomenclature questions for OChem questions which is the only part of OChem that made some sense to me having not taken the class itself. How reflective is the Kaplan test in general to the real PCAT?

I agree with all of this....wish there was more feedback.