Kansas State c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm only a first year, so I haven't had a ton of time to explore the area yet, but there are a lot of hiking trails in/around town (Konza Prairie is great!). Tuttle Creek Lake and State Park is on the north side of town, I wouldn't recommend swimming in the lake but some people like to go kayaking and stuff. Of course there's Aggieville, which is the bar district and also has some fun restaurants and shops. We have a mall, it's pretty small but it has a JC Penney and Dillard's and some other basic stores. There's an art museum and an insect museum on main campus, I haven't been to either but they sound neat. Sunset Zoo in town is small but I've heard it's really nice. Kansas City and Wichita are both two hours away, some people go to KC on our rare weekends when we don't have an exam coming up for concerts, Chiefs games, shopping, etc.

You should go to Sunset, it's worth a visit. It is very nice for a small zoo. And it's neat going there on the exotics rotation and seeing behind the scenes. The insect museum is fun too, and frankly the Beach surprised me with it's size and quality. I've gone 3 or 4 times over the past 4 years as they've changed the temporary exhibits.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So you heard back just a few days after your interview??
Yes, I interviewed on the 8th and got my letter a few days later (I don't remember exactly when but it was postmarked on the 12th.) I was very surprised because they told us they would send out letters during the first week of February. I think they'll still be sending them out so keep an eye out!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm only a first year, so I haven't had a ton of time to explore the area yet, but there are a lot of hiking trails in/around town (Konza Prairie is great!). Tuttle Creek Lake and State Park is on the north side of town, I wouldn't recommend swimming in the lake but some people like to go kayaking and stuff. Of course there's Aggieville, which is the bar district and also has some fun restaurants and shops. We have a mall, it's pretty small but it has a JC Penney and Dillard's and some other basic stores. There's an art museum and an insect museum on main campus, I haven't been to either but they sound neat. Sunset Zoo in town is small but I've heard it's really nice. Kansas City and Wichita are both two hours away, some people go to KC on our rare weekends when we don't have an exam coming up for concerts, Chiefs games, shopping, etc.
Wow, thank you so much! I have a dog so I love doing anything that involves being outdoors, and trails are a big thing for me! This made me really excited :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to be annoying on here, but has anyone been added to the Facebook page yet? I've tried looking for it but I can't find it! I'm waiting until next month on the 15th (when I get paid) to send my deposit, but I'd like to be added to the page to get a head start on housing search!

Sorry to be annoying on here, but has anyone been added to the Facebook page yet? I've tried looking for it but I can't find it! I'm waiting until next month on the 15th (when I get paid) to send my deposit, but I'd like to be added to the page to get a head start on housing search!
Hopefully this link works! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1784625511861233/
I'm in the group since I'm an ambassador. :)

Been starting to stalk to the mail everyday in hopes of good news. I know they said we probably won't hear until the end of next week, but I can't help but hold out in hope they send them earlier! lol

Reactions: 2 users
Been starting to stalk to the mail everyday in hopes of good news. I know they said we probably won't hear until the end of next week, but I can't help but hold out in hope they send them earlier! lol

They did say if you don't hear by the end of next week that we should contact them, so hopefully we'll hear this week or early next week! :) I've been stalking the mail too! The wait is really starting to get to me.

They did say if you don't hear by the end of next week that we should contact them, so hopefully we'll hear this week or early next week! :) I've been stalking the mail too! The wait is really starting to get to me.
It should be pretty soon, I was in the admissions office yesterday and Dr. Elmore said they're about ready to send the letters out. :)

Reactions: 5 users
Imagining best case scenario they may have sent the letters yesterday and, despite being far away (Cali), I'm sitting at my kitchen window watching for the mailman like
tumblr_inline_mrbyeqNYE11qz4rgp.png

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Imagining best case scenario they may have sent the letters yesterday and, despite being far away (Cali), I'm sitting at my kitchen window watching for the mailman like
tumblr_inline_mrbyeqNYE11qz4rgp.png

I'm really hoping today or tomorrow we'll get them since they were about ready to mail them on Tuesday!

Reactions: 2 users
Do we know if the letters have been sent? I really liked Kansas State a lot

I got my letter today, so you guys should get yours soon!

Reactions: 4 users
This is nerve wracking and exciting. Hopefully some of us in other states will start getting our letters tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
This is nerve wracking and exciting. Hopefully some of us in other states will start getting our letters tomorrow!
I'm getting more nervous each day! I really hope us out of staters get ours tomorrow!

Yay!! Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking?
I am also in Manhattan and got mine in mail on Saturday! I think they probably sent them out on Friday.
Good luck everyone, you will get them soon!

Gonna be stalking my mailman this afternoon. :laugh: Mail doesn't come until a little after 5 though, so long wait for me. Hope some people start getting their letters today!

So the decisions are probably already made?

My letter is at home, but I am at work. I live in VA!

I got my acceptance letter Saturday! Super excited, I hope the rest of y'all hear soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Gonna be stalking my mailman this afternoon. :laugh: Mail doesn't come until a little after 5 though, so long wait for me. Hope some people start getting their letters today!

The mailman is at the apartment complex next to mine so I'm just trying to kill time while waiting for him to get to mine! Haha

The mailman is at the apartment complex next to mine so I'm just trying to kill time while waiting for him to get to mine! Haha
It looks like you're in Davis, too?! What class?

Anyone in CA get a letter today? I'm in grad school on the east coast, but the letter is being sent to my parent's house in California. They won't be home until late and the waiting is killing me! :nailbiting:

Anyone in CA get a letter today? I'm in grad school on the east coast, but the letter is being sent to my parent's house in California. They won't be home until late and the waiting is killing me! :nailbiting:

I haven't yet but my mail comes around 5

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail!!!! I'm so beyond excited to go to Kansas next year! Also, I live in California so you should be getting your letters today!

Reactions: 9 users
This is so exciting!! I'm celebrating right along with all of you :)

CA here as well and received my letter as an Alternate! The rest of you CA (and other OOS?) should be hearing today or tomorrow most likely I'm guessing !

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations everybody!

CA here as well and received my letter as an Alternate! The rest of you CA (and other OOS?) should be hearing today or tomorrow most likely I'm guessing !
Last year it seems like they went through a lot of the alternate list, a bunch of my classmates were waitlisted initially!

Congratulations everybody!

Last year it seems like they went through a lot of the alternate list, a bunch of my classmates were waitlisted initially!
I noticed that just now looking through last years thread! Seems like they pulled about 20 students off the alternate list. I just wish they could start before the April 15th deadline lol. If I don't get into Ohio or VA-MD then I'd have to pay the $1k deposit to save my spot at Michigan State.

I got the letter- I've been invited to the KSU CVM program and I'm happily accepting the offer!!!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Is kansas still sending out interview invites for OOS students? Asking for a friend.

Is kansas still sending out interview invites for OOS students? Asking for a friend.
No, interviews are over unfortunately. :( Anyone that didn't interview should receive a rejection letter soon.

I noticed that just now looking through last years thread! Seems like they pulled about 20 students off the alternate list. I just wish they could start before the April 15th deadline lol. If I don't get into Ohio or VA-MD then I'd have to pay the $1k deposit to save my spot at Michigan State.
Yes, come to me!

Waited all day and no letter ever came. My towns mail is notorious for being slow, but thats so dang frustrating. Looks like another day of waiting for me.

Made the alternate list. Anyone know if there is a way to find out where we are ranked?

Made the alternate list. Anyone know if there is a way to find out where we are ranked?

I don't think there is but I'm also curious about this! Also wondering if everyone who interviews makes the alternate list? I know VA-MD does that, but not sure if any other schools do as well.

I don't think there is but I'm also curious about this! Also wondering if everyone who interviews makes the alternate list? I know VA-MD does that, but not sure if any other schools do as well.

Mary Sue told me that after the interview you get a letter for an acceptance, alternate list, or "not this year" (aka rejection). So from my understanding, interviewing doesn't guarantee the alternate list.

Mailman came so late today that I thought I hadn't got a letter. I was selected as an alternate.

Im also in CA and didn't get anything in the mail today! I'm going crazyyyy