Kansas State c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything g yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything g yet?
If you've already interviewed, some people have heard back already if you read upthread. If you haven't gotten your decision yet, IS should hear something by first week of January, OOS around the beginning of February. If you never got an interview invite, rejections should be sent out in February after all of the interviews are done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to go about seeing a tour of the vet school the day of the interview? Thank you!!

Does anyone know how to go about seeing a tour of the vet school the day of the interview? Thank you!!
There will be tours going on throughout the day, generally one leaving after each interview group gets back from their interviews (so about every 30 minutes). If you'd rather go on a tour before your interview, I'd recommend getting there at least an hour before your interview time. Tours leave from Mara Conference Center, the same place you'll go to check in for your interview.

Reactions: 2 users
There will be tours going on throughout the day, generally one leaving after each interview group gets back from their interviews (so about every 30 minutes). If you'd rather go on a tour before your interview, I'd recommend getting there at least an hour before your interview time. Tours leave from Mara Conference Center, the same place you'll go to check in for your interview.
Thank you very much!!

For everyone that interviewed on the weekend of the 17th. Just talked to Mary Sue and she told me that letters are being sent out today or tomorrow, and we should all get notified however long after that the mail takes to get there. For me it will be a day or two but for other people probably longer.

Reactions: 1 users
For everyone that interviewed on the weekend of the 17th. Just talked to Mary Sue and she told me that letters are being sent out today or tomorrow, and we should all get notified however long after that the mail takes to get there. For me it will be a day or two but for other people probably longer.
Yes! The waiting is killing me. I came back to town to pretty much sit by the door and wait for the mail man. Yet, it has been crazy because my kitten (too young for the vaccine yet) attacked a bat that somehow got into the house. So now I am also waiting for the rabies test results from the bat. :cryi:

Yes! The waiting is killing me. I came back to town to pretty much sit by the door and wait for the mail man. Yet, it has been crazy because my kitten (too young for the vaccine yet) attacked a bat that somehow got into the house. So now I am also waiting for the rabies test results from the bat. :cryi:
I hope your kitty is okay! :unsure:

I was in the ICU during that whole debacle :confused:

Rabies lab usually has reasonably quick turnaround at least.

Thank you for sharing the information!
Did you already get yours in the mail? I am also back in town and did not get anything, so I started to fear that not getting anything may not be a good sign :/

Thank you for sharing the information!
Did you already get yours in the mail? I am also back in town and did not get anything, so I started to fear that not getting anything may not be a good sign :/
If they got sent out Tuesday or Wednesday, they probably haven't reached people yet, since it's only been a day or two. Don't freak out yet! I interview tomorrow, so I obviously haven't heard anything by letter yet

If they got sent out Tuesday or Wednesday, they probably haven't reached people yet, since it's only been a day or two. Don't freak out yet! I interview tomorrow, so I obviously haven't heard anything by letter yet

Best of luck with your interview tomorrow!! I am sure you will do very well!
haha you are right, this week just feels so long! I only have a rejection so far, which makes the waiting even more stressful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well everyone my letter just came in!! Mailman called my dad early this morning to let him know it was in. I made it!!!:soexcited:IS so everyone should be getting their's!

Well everyone my letter just came in!! Mailman called my dad early this morning to let him know it was in. I made it!!!:soexcited:IS so everyone should be getting their's!

Congratulations!!!

Do you know if they are only sending out IS acceptance this week? I am actually OOS interviewed in the weekend of 17th and still did not get anything as of today...

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!

Do you know if they are only sending out IS acceptance this week? I am actually OOS interviewed in the weekend of 17th and still did not get anything as of today...
OOS may not hear anything until February.

Just got my letter of acceptance! Interviewed 12/17/16 IS

The way I understood it was that they place OOS in 4 groups. Either accepted right off the bat, they like you but want to wait until all interviews are done before sending acceptance, waitlist, and denial. Because a few people have already received acceptances that were OOS I would assume they will only call a handful of OOS after each weekend and then the bulk will get theirs first week of february.

Reactions: 3 users
When I was there for my interview they said letters will be sent out by the second week of February.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Had my interview today and KSU is fantastic! It was my first time in Kansas and visiting Kansas State, but everyone was so friendly and Mary Sue is wonderful.

The interview flew by very quickly and it really did feel more like a conversation than anything. Good luck to everyone interviewing the next weekend, you'll have a great time!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone...I'm applying to Kansas State next cycle and was wondering if their science GPA is what they list for their pre-requisites or is it all science you've taken? Just trying to calculate where I compare! Thanks much!

Hi everyone...I'm applying to Kansas State next cycle and was wondering if their science GPA is what they list for their pre-requisites or is it all science you've taken? Just trying to calculate where I compare! Thanks much!

The science GPA is the 9 science classes. They are Biology, Microbiology, Physics 1, Physics 2, Chem 1, Chem 2, Organic Chem+Lab, Biochem, Genetics.

The science GPA is the 9 science classes. They are Biology, Microbiology, Physics 1, Physics 2, Chem 1, Chem 2, Organic Chem+Lab, Biochem, Genetics.

Thanks for clarifying! I just noticed a blurb on their pre-req page that states all required science courses must have been taken within six years of the date of enrollment. So now I'm not sure if I'm eligible since it will be 7 years for me ugh

Thanks for clarifying! I just noticed a blurb on their pre-req page that states all required science courses must have been taken within six years of the date of enrollment. So now I'm not sure if I'm eligible since it will be 7 years for me ugh

When I spoke to them about my physics class being seven years old they said the requirement was just to ensure you had a recent science background, not a strict thing. Just call, they're really nice about it.

When I spoke to them about my physics class being seven years old they said the requirement was just to ensure you had a recent science background, not a strict thing. Just call, they're really nice about it.

Oh great! Thanks. I'm currently pursuing my Masters now so I was hoping that could help me in some manner. I'll give them a call in April when things calm down a bit.

Oh great! Thanks. I'm currently pursuing my Masters now so I was hoping that could help me in some manner. I'll give them a call in April when things calm down a bit.

Unfortunately they do not consider graduate work as a part of the last 45 GPA, it'll probably help as far as rigor though.

Unfortunately they do not consider graduate work as a part of the last 45 GPA, it'll probably help as far as rigor though.

Good to note. I think I have a fairly strong undergrad last 45 GPA (or at least I pray that I do to make up for my average cGPA and sGPA). I started filling out a spreadsheet that lists out what each school weighs. It's interesting how unique each schools selection criteria is.

Good to note. I think I have a fairly strong undergrad last 45 GPA (or at least I pray that I do to make up for my average cGPA and sGPA). I started filling out a spreadsheet that lists out what each school weighs. It's interesting how unique each schools selection criteria is.

That's the only way some of us get accepted ;)

I was concerned about this as well and had science classes that were old. I had asked the associate dean of admissions at the time twice (once directly, once by having my academic counselor e-mailing him) and both times he clarified with the same answer that it doesn't apply to people who are current or recent students. It is meant more for those who haven't been in any college courses for 6 years. You should definitely call for yourself to make sure the explanation provided to me still applies to the next cycle.

So last minute changes and I'm now having to fly to Manhattan instead of drive next weekend. I'm trying to find a rental car and have a few questions. Does Manhattan have Uber? Enterprise is closed on Saturdays at the airport location when I would be flying in but there is another location in East Manhattan. Thinking about taking an Uber from the airport to that location for the car. Hertz rents out of the airport, but they are way too expensive.

So last minute changes and I'm now having to fly to Manhattan instead of drive next weekend. I'm trying to find a rental car and have a few questions. Does Manhattan have Uber? Enterprise is closed on Saturdays at the airport location when I would be flying in but there is another location in East Manhattan. Thinking about taking an Uber from the airport to that location for the car. Hertz rents out of the airport, but they are way too expensive.
Did you try Expedia or one of those places? It's usually cheaper than renting direct.

Someone said before that they do have uber though. Good luck with your interview!!

There are Hertz and Enterprise at the airport, one opens on Saturday and the other opens on Sunday. But I believe they don't open until 9:30 or 10am at weekends. I remember Hertz used to have lower rate at around $35 per day (not include insurance and other fees)? There should be another Enterprise pick up location in town.
And yes there is Uber in Manhattan, and the airport is about 15min drive from campus! If you will only stay on campus, everything should be within walking distance (<30 min walk). Many dining halls are buffet style, you can pay cash at the door if you don't have a meal plan. But if you want to explore the town, you probably need a car to get around.

Best of luck with interview!

I also remember there being something that said that you could get picked up and dropped off from the airport. So maybe you don't need a car? Just a thought.

Is it true that KSU students are guaranteed an interview to the vet school? I'm OOS and still waiting to hear back, but I was wondering if I only got an interview because I am an undergrad here. I didn't even get an interview invite to my IS school.

Is it true that KSU students are guaranteed an interview to the vet school? I'm OOS and still waiting to hear back, but I was wondering if I only got an interview because I am an undergrad here. I didn't even get an interview invite to my IS school.
I highly doubt that's the case. Your undergraduate attendance at KSU should have no effect on your application, other than the fact that you can use your pre-reqs at KSU in place of your GRE scores. Different schools look for different criteria in an applicant - your IS may feel that your application is lacking in areas they'd specifically like to focus on.

I was rejected from one school but have been invited to interview at three others, which goes to show that every school is subjective in their own way.

I highly doubt that's the case. Your undergraduate attendance at KSU should have no effect on your application, other than the fact that you can use your pre-reqs at KSU in place of your GRE scores. Different schools look for different criteria in an applicant - your IS may feel that your application is lacking in areas they'd specifically like to focus on.

I was rejected from one school but have been invited to interview at three others, which goes to show that every school is subjective in their own way.
I've heard from a lot a people that an interview is guaranteed, but it seemed odd to me that they would waste their time interviewing applicants with weaker applications. My IS only looks at GPA and GRE scores to decide who gets interviewed. With my low GRE score, I wasn't surprised I didn't get an interview.

I've heard from a lot a people that an interview is guaranteed, but it seemed odd to me that they would waste their time interviewing applicants with weaker applications. My IS only looks at GPA and GRE scores to decide who gets interviewed. With my low GRE score, I wasn't surprised I didn't get an interview.
Who have you heard from though? If it's not directly from the admissions office, I would not trust that information.

KSU likes to focus on last 45 hour GPA and sciGPA, so you may have gotten your interview because you were stronger in those areas than your GRE.

Who have you heard from though? If it's not directly from the admissions office, I would not trust that information.

KSU likes to focus on last 45 hour GPA and sciGPA, so you may have gotten your interview because you were stronger in those areas than your GRE.

Agreed.
I actually have heard of people going to/went to K-State for undergrad but not getting an interview.

GUYS. OOS INTERVIEWED ON JANUARY 8TH, JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER IN THE MAIL TODAY.
Dying inside right now, I love Kansas State!!
I'm in utter shock (doesn't help that the letter was actually sort of anti-climactic lol) but some of you might be hearing back soon!
I live in Texas and had the letter sent to my home in the DFW area.

Reactions: 8 users
That is awesome! Congratulations. My fingers are crossed!!

Did everyone have a good experience when interviewing? I'm flying in this weekend and I'm very nervous :oops:

Did everyone have a good experience when interviewing? I'm flying in this weekend and I'm very nervous :oops:

I'm nervous too! I was looking over their website and I forgot how awesome the school is. But pretty much everyone on interview feedback said it was super conversational so I'm sure it will be ok :)

I'm nervous too! I was looking over their website and I forgot how awesome the school is. But pretty much everyone on interview feedback said it was super conversational so I'm sure it will be ok :)
Good luck!! Do you interview this weekend as well?

I'm nervous but excited for my interview this weekend! A person from my school interviewed there last weekend and said it was very conversational and to worry too much! :)