Kansas State c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
of course the day that letters come through snail mail, I have to be at another interview... this is driving me crazy!! Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my letter of acceptance! :) OOS from California

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED! OOS SC

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
of course the day that letters come through snail mail, I have to be at another interview... this is driving me crazy!! Congrats everyone!
Haha I was too! (in TN/VA since Saturday). My roommate had to do the Spaghett in my honor for me..

I received my letter today in Kentucky, placed on the alternate list. Congrats to everyone accepted!

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate for me too. OOS

Would be interesting to know how big the alternate list is though. I also thought it was interesting that the letter didn't mention specifically that they would start pulling alternates only after 4/15.

Alternate for me too. OOS

Would be interesting to know how big the alternate list is though. I also thought it was interesting that the letter didn't mention specifically that they would start pulling alternates only after 4/15.
It's possible they might start earlier, but probably not. Most schools won't start pulling people off waitlists until after April 15th since that's the deadline for people to accept their spot in the class.

Should I be concerned if I haven't received my letter yet? I'm in NJ

Opened my letter today (was out of town)..... Alternate list :( . Hoping it moves quickly!

OOS Alternate list as well. If anyone finds out how big this waiting list is that would be great

Mary Sue told me it was well over 100.

Mary Sue told my mom when I was interviewing that last year (or maybe some other past year) they had gone through the entire waitlist. I know it's not like that every year but who knows!

Mary Sue told my mom when I was interviewing that last year (or maybe some other past year) they had gone through the entire waitlist. I know it's not like that every year but who knows!
I know that Mary Sue had stated there were 160 acceptances sent out for OOSers this year for about 60 seats (not sure, someone please verify this latter number)? Most people end up declining the offer in favour of their IS, so the waitlist for OOSers moves fairly quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that Mary Sue had stated there were 160 acceptances sent out for OOSers this year for about 60 seats (not sure, someone please verify this latter number)? Most people end up declining the offer in favour of their IS, so the waitlist for OOSers moves fairly quickly.

I wish we would be able to know where we are on the waiting list. But that's encouraging that they move through quite a bit of the waiting list some years. :)

You're close, it's about 65 out of state seats!

I just got home from another interview- got placed on the alternate list! Congrats to everyone who was accepted!! I'm curious to see how fast/if they move through the list. I feel even more anxious now!

I still need to send in my decision, but as I've been accepted at a cheaper school I will be abdicating my seat. I know a lot still need to relinquish their seats but I hope the list moves fast for all of you! I look forward to being your future colleague!

Reactions: 3 users
I hope they go through the list quickly - I really like KSU. Hopefully April will come quickly :)

Congrats everyone that got accepted! I'm excited to meet everyone in August!! Good luck to all the waitlisted people. I'm sure April can't come fast enough.

Reactions: 3 users
Just as an FYI for waitlisted people: I called this morning and while they aren't allowed to disclose where we are on the waitlist, they said that they move through it very quickly and that they went through the entire thing last year. She said we can hear from them as early as the beginning of April.

Congrats everyone that got accepted! I'm excited to meet everyone in August!! Good luck to all the waitlisted people. I'm sure April can't come fast enough.
August can't get here soon enough!! :) I can't wait to move to Manhattan!

My apologies if someone already mentioned this - Does anyone have the date(s) of orientation?

My apologies if someone already mentioned this - Does anyone have the date(s) of orientation?
I don't know if they've officially said, but probably August 16-18 if it's like last year.

Does anyone know if you can become a Kansas resident and get in-state tuition? If so what's the process like/how hard is it? I'm trying to decide between schools and of course cost is always a factor!

Does anyone know if you can become a Kansas resident and get in-state tuition? If so what's the process like/how hard is it? I'm trying to decide between schools and of course cost is always a factor!
I remember them saying you have to sign something that requires you to pay OOS tuition all four years (if you are not already a resident).

I remember them saying you have to sign something that requires you to pay OOS tuition all four years (if you are not already a resident).
This is true unfortunately. :(

True. In the letter I got it says signing this meaning that I understand that I am accepting OOS tuition for the whole 4 years of the program.

I was accepted to my IS yesterday, university of TN. I will be declining my offer at kansas so hopefully one of you will get this spot :) good luck everyone

What do most incoming out-of-state students seem to do about finding a lease? I see some really great housing options online and while I don't want to bog down my upperclassman friends to go tour them all, I don't know how to feel secure about signing a lease on a place based on the ad and communications with the landlord..

What do most incoming out-of-state students seem to do about finding a lease? I see some really great housing options online and while I don't want to bog down my upperclassman friends to go tour them all, I don't know how to feel secure about signing a lease on a place based on the ad and communications with the landlord..

That's an excellent question. I'm not sure if most people sign a lease without touring or if they rely on finding roommate(s) who do all the touring on everyones' behalf. Or the third option:
I forked over $500 to fly to Kansas and tour housing with goal to sign a lease before flying home again because I personally was not comfortable doing things without seeing for myself and asking questions. It's a busy couple of days but IMO worth the money and comfort of mind that you will enjoy the place you're living in when you're not at school.

It's been a while since I've gotten on here to see what's new. I made it onto the alternate list as well. It would be nice to know where we stand on the wait list (I think TAMU tells you but I'm not 100% sure).

Hey can any of the current students please tell us what first year is like? I was looking at the courses that we take during first year that are listed on the website, but I was wondering which we take in each semester!

Hey can any of the current students please tell us what first year is like? I was looking at the courses that we take during first year that are listed on the website, but I was wondering which we take in each semester!
First semester is gross anatomy I, physiology I, microanatomy, cross-course integration I (it's a joke, you just listen to people talk about their research and your grade is based on attendance), career development (also a joke but slightly more useful/interesting) and 1-3 electives. Second semester is gross anatomy II, physiology II, immunology, epidemiology, integration II and electives. Generally both semesters first year Monday through Thursday you'll have lectures from 8 or 9 until noon, an hour for lunch, then electives and labs in the afternoon. Fridays are our exam day, and then Friday afternoons are free unless you have an elective then.

Reactions: 1 users
First semester is gross anatomy I, physiology I, microanatomy, cross-course integration I (it's a joke, you just listen to people talk about their research and your grade is based on attendance), career development (also a joke but slightly more useful/interesting) and 1-3 electives. Second semester is gross anatomy II, physiology II, immunology, epidemiology, integration II and electives. Generally both semesters first year Monday through Thursday you'll have lectures from 8 or 9 until noon, an hour for lunch, then electives and labs in the afternoon. Fridays are our exam day, and then Friday afternoons are free unless you have an elective then.

Thank you! Did you like the electives you took this year?

Thank you! Did you like the electives you took this year?
Last semester I took history of vet med, practicing vet med in a multicultural society, and 3D imaging anatomy of the dog. History was very boring but easy, you have to write a research paper but I think pretty much everyone got 100 on it. Multicultural society was okay, I think it could have been done better but it's pass/fail and there are just two easy assignments. 3D imaging was pretty dry but I think it was a good preview for radiology, I just didn't like that it was on Friday afternoons! :p At least it was only half the semester. We had two exams in that class but they were both take-home. This semester my only elective is embryology, which is kinda boring but I like the professor and our exams are open-note and in groups.

Last semester I took history of vet med, practicing vet med in a multicultural society, and 3D imaging anatomy of the dog. History was very boring but easy, you have to write a research paper but I think pretty much everyone got 100 on it. Multicultural society was okay, I think it could have been done better but it's pass/fail and there are just two easy assignments. 3D imaging was pretty dry but I think it was a good preview for radiology, I just didn't like that it was on Friday afternoons! :p At least it was only half the semester. We had two exams in that class but they were both take-home. This semester my only elective is embryology, which is kinda boring but I like the professor and our exams are open-note and in groups.
Would you recommend taking 3 electives your first semester??

I will be declining my OOS seat, so I'm hoping that one of you guys on the waitlist will get it!

Reactions: 4 users
Would you recommend taking 3 electives your first semester??
I think so, I've heard second year is the hardest so it's best to take most of your electives first and third year. You have to have 12 credits of electives by fourth year, so an average of 2 a semester. It seems like most if not all of the electives require very little time outside of class. My friends are taking three electives this semester too and seem to be doing fine, I just didn't get in the shelter med elective I wanted and there wasn't anything else I really wanted to take.

I think so, I've heard second year is the hardest so it's best to take most of your electives first and third year. You have to have 12 credits of electives by fourth year, so an average of 2 a semester. It seems like most if not all of the electives require very little time outside of class. My friends are taking three electives this semester too and seem to be doing fine, I just didn't get in the shelter med elective I wanted and there wasn't anything else I really wanted to take.

It's worth saving hours for third year just because those electives are by far the most interesting and useful. I'll bet shelter is good though! I'm actually on that rotation right now and the clinician is awesome

Hi!! Ive been stalking this group forever but I've never posted anything. I'm OOS accepted and I'm trying to decide between a few OOS schools. I'm thinking my decision will probably come down to tuition/living costs. Has anyone received their financial aid summary for K State? Can we expect those before the April 15th deadline?
Thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi!! Ive been stalking this group forever but I've never posted anything. I'm OOS accepted and I'm trying to decide between a few OOS schools. I'm thinking my decision will probably come down to tuition/living costs. Has anyone received their financial aid summary for K State? Can we expect those before the April 15th deadline?
Thank you!!!!

Congratulations!! Where else have you gotten into? I'm not sure when they will send those out :/

Thank you!!!!

You should get your loan award summary shortly after you submit your FAFSA. You're guaranteed to be offered the full cost of attendance in loans, but you don't have to take out the full amount if you don't think you'll need it. The scholarship application will open up at the beginning of the fall semester, K-State doesn't award scholarships before classes start unfortunately.

Does Kansas State over-accept students?

Just curious. How many of you that were accepted went to K-State undergrad. I'm starting pre-vet in the fall there as a Freshman(Early Admit Program) and would love to hear suggestions from anyone who went here undergrad. Thanks!

I just declined my offer of acceptance. Good luck to those waitlisted! :)

Just curious. How many of you that were accepted went to K-State undergrad. I'm starting pre-vet in the fall there as a Freshman(Early Admit Program) and would love to hear suggestions from anyone who went here undergrad. Thanks!

I went to k-state for undergrad. Did you have any specific questions?

Does anyone know who to contact if we want to be removed from the alternate list? The letter just says to contact "us", with no additional information.

Does anyone know who to contact if we want to be removed from the alternate list? The letter just says to contact "us", with no additional information.

I would just email Mary Sue :)