Kansas State c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emlady09

c/o 20..eventually
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I haven't seen a thread yet for this cycle I thought I'd start one. This is one of the schools I am interested in this year! Let's see how it goes!

Members don't see this ad.

Excited to see this thread started! I'll be starting at K-State in August, if anyone has questions about applying or the school I'd be happy to answer what I can. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck! K-State was my #1 OOS choice (since they were the only ones to give me love. lol).

Excited to see this thread started! I'll be starting at K-State in August, if anyone has questions about applying or the school I'd be happy to answer what I can. :)

Actually--do you (or anyone) know how to type into the supplemental? I had downloaded last year's version and there were fillable fields. I know I can click to add fields, but they aren't even. I don't have Adobe Pro and am wondering if I clicked something last time (to make the document fillable) or if anyone knows how to make it fillable.

Actually--do you (or anyone) know how to type into the supplemental? I had downloaded last year's version and there were fillable fields. I know I can click to add fields, but they aren't even. I don't have Adobe Pro and am wondering if I clicked something last time (to make the document fillable) or if anyone knows how to make it fillable.
I'm not sure, I just printed it off and filled it out by hand, sorry. :shrug:

I am a current fourth year student and can also help with questions! Probably more about school in general, I don't remember much about applying since it was so long ago already 0_o

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For the supplemental application at the bottom is says a completed application requires: -Completed two-page supplemental form - Official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended (in sealed envelopes) - Copy of your GRE score report (from the ETS website OR a photocopy) - $50 USD Non-refundable application fee made payable to College of Veterinary Medicine.

Does this mean we need to send all official transcripts to the school itself? Or sending them to VMCAS is good?

For the supplemental application at the bottom is says a completed application requires: -Completed two-page supplemental form - Official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended (in sealed envelopes) - Copy of your GRE score report (from the ETS website OR a photocopy) - $50 USD Non-refundable application fee made payable to College of Veterinary Medicine.

Does this mean we need to send all official transcripts to the school itself? Or sending them to VMCAS is good?

Nope gotta send them to KSU too :confused:. At least they can be issued to student so they can be cheaper!

Yeah I think we have to send one to both the school and VMCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, you have to send them directly to K-State as well as VMCAS.

How much does everyone have done? I kinda feel like I'm slacking. I've finished my transcript entry and I'm about done with my first draft for a personal statement. You guys?

How much does everyone have done? I kinda feel like I'm slacking. I've finished my transcript entry and I'm about done with my first draft for a personal statement. You guys?

That's more than I've done, I can't finish my transcript entry because I'm waiting to finish my summer classes. And I've only done about half of my personal statement ;)

Does anyone know if Kansas will calculate graduate school GPA into any of their categories at all? I know they specifically state they only use undergraduate coursework for last 45, but I was curious if anyone knows if it's only undergraduate work for cumulative and science GPAs as well.

Just sent my supplemental off today! Wahoo!

Reactions: 1 user
Sent my supplemental in as well! Just out of curiosity does anyone know when interviews are? January? February? Thanks for any info!

Sent my supplemental in as well! Just out of curiosity does anyone know when interviews are? January? February? Thanks for any info!
There will be one interview weekend in December and two in January, I'm not sure if they've announced the exact dates yet! There's generally a pizza party/student panel for OOS-ers on Saturday evening and then interviews on Sunday.

There will be one interview weekend in December and two in January, I'm not sure if they've announced the exact dates yet! There's generally a pizza party/student panel for OOS-ers on Saturday evening and then interviews on Sunday.

Nice thanks!

They normally have them listed on the CVM academic calendar. It says Dec 17-18, Jan 7-8, Jan 21-22.

They normally have them listed on the CVM academic calendar. It says Dec 17-18, Jan 7-8, Jan 21-22.

Ah! Thank you, I've been trying to plan a Christmas visit to my parents and in-laws. It's been next to impossible because I don't know if I will get interviews, or where, so I'm trying to focus on when they might be lol.

Does anyone know if Kansas will calculate graduate school GPA into any of their categories at all? I know they specifically state they only use undergraduate coursework for last 45, but I was curious if anyone knows if it's only undergraduate work for cumulative and science GPAs as well.
They definitely don't do graduate GPA at all. Which is unfortunate. I earned my masters degree from KSU under the college of veterinary school and they specifically told me like 5 times that my graduate GPA won't factor in. So my 4.0 in graduate studies was useless while my undergrad which wasn't as great was all they judged me on.

They definitely don't do graduate GPA at all. Which is unfortunate. I earned my masters degree from KSU under the college of veterinary school and they specifically told me like 5 times that my graduate GPA won't factor in. So my 4.0 in graduate studies was useless while my undergrad which wasn't as great was all they judged me on.

That's quite unfortunate, dang. I still ended up applying here after going back and forth about it. My undergraduate GPA is pretty terrible. However, Kansas has been towards the top of my list for years so I figured why not?

Just for clarification, the prereqs list "General Organic Chemistry & Lab" with 5 credits. Would this only be counting 1 O.Chem class as they are generally 3-4 credits per class? At my undergrad both o.chem classes were 3 credits + 2 credit lab.

Hey everyone! First time posting here. 1st time applicant to KSU. Best of luck!
When do we expect to hear back?...the waiting game begins.

Last year interview invite emails went out November 12th for December interviews, November 18th for mid-January interviews, and December 3rd for late January interviews. There doesn't seem to be much logic as far as who gets an interview when!

Yep, definitely don't expect to hear anything until November

Hey everyone, thought I would let you know that I received an interview invite this morning, so be watching for an e-mail!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone, thought I would let you know that I received an interview invite this morning, so be watching for an e-mail!

Congrats! Are you IS or OOS? This OOS extra waiting time is killer :rolleyes:

I got an interview invite this morning also,in state

Congrats Redrock and headlight! I'm an ambassador, so I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at interviews. :) If you didn't get an invite yet, don't fret, there should be 2 more rounds of invites! The December interview weekend is mostly IS students, and OOS students currently attending K-State for undergrad, although there are some purely OOS applicants during the December interviews as well.

Oh gosh, when can we start hearing about OOS applicant interviews? Do flat-out rejections come around this time too?

Oh gosh, when can we start hearing about OOS applicant interviews? Do flat-out rejections come around this time too?
Some OOS-ers should have heard already, but there should be two more rounds of interview invites. Like I said above, last year interview invite emails went out November 12th for December interviews, November 18th for mid-January interviews, and December 3rd for late January interviews. It looks like they're a bit ahead of schedule this year, so hopefully next week more will go out! (I don't have any inside info, that's just a guess.) They don't send rejections until all of the interviews are complete, so around mid-February. Two years ago they didn't send out formal rejections at all, some people were just left hanging. :/

Some OOS-ers should have heard already, but there should be two more rounds of interview invites. Like I said above, last year interview invite emails went out November 12th for December interviews, November 18th for mid-January interviews, and December 3rd for late January interviews. It looks like they're a bit ahead of schedule this year, so hopefully next week more will go out! (I don't have any inside info, that's just a guess.) They don't send rejections until all of the interviews are complete, so around mid-February. Two years ago they didn't send out formal rejections at all, some people were just left hanging. :/

Thanks for the reply! This is my first cycle so I'm super nervous. Someone said in last year's thread that KSU only looks at science GPAs over 3.4 and GRE scores above the 50th percentile for interview invites. My GRE scores are well above 50th percentile but my science GPA is a 3.37 so I'm panicking a bit right now.

Thanks for the reply! This is my first cycle so I'm super nervous. Someone said in last year's thread that KSU only looks at science GPAs over 3.4 and GRE scores above the 50th percentile for interview invites. My GRE scores are well above 50th percentile but my science GPA is a 3.37 so I'm panicking a bit right now.
I think my class's average science GPA was around 3.4, so I'm not sure that's true! Try not to worry, go do something fun. :)

It says on there website that their minimum GPA is 2.8 so I don't think that they would say that if it was really 3.4! It also says that the average science GPA was 3.4 (like LyraGardenia said was her class's average) so that means there was people with below that :) so there's still hope!

It says on there website that their minimum GPA is 2.8 so I don't think that they would say that if it was really 3.4! It also says that the average science GPA was 3.4 (like LyraGardenia said was her class's average) so that means there was people with below that :) so there's still hope!

I think my class's average science GPA was around 3.4, so I'm not sure that's true! Try not to worry, go do something fun. :)

Thanks guys!! I'm feeling a bit better now!

I got interview invitation via email today! I am OOS but currently attending KSU. So it looks like the committee is still sending invitations for December interview this week!

Good luck everyone!

Has anyone whose OOS for school and residency gotten emails yet?

I haven't gotten one yet :/ hmmm

Has anyone whose OOS for school and residency gotten emails yet?

I haven't gotten one yet :/ hmmm

My classmate just got an invitation this morning (we're both OOS, California). Still waiting over here as well, but from what others have said there will be another wave of invites to come!

Hey everyone! I have an interview for Dec. 17th yay I was wondering when all of your interviews are for? or if you guys knew what are all the days they are interviewing people. (wishing I am not one of the first interviews)

Hey everyone! I have an interview for Dec. 17th yay I was wondering when all of your interviews are for? or if you guys knew what are all the days they are interviewing people. (wishing I am not one of the first interviews)
The interview weekends are December 17-18, January 7-8 and January 21-22!

I'm OOS and got an interview for the 18th! Good luck everyone!
Anyone have tips for interview prep?