Just to clarify about ERAS publication listings...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SS Normandy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify about ERAS publication listings, if you had an abstract accepted to, say ATS 2016, and presented the poster yourself at the conference, this abstract is inputted as both "Poster Presentations" AND "Peer-reviewed Journal Article/Abstracts" on myERAS?

I've read at the ERAS FAQs that this is correct, I just wanted a second opinion. Especially since this way of presenting allows the interviewers no way to distinguish if the publication listing is just a research abstract or a full manuscript.

Or am I missing something?

Members don't see this ad.

I was always told not to double dip. Pick one or the other. The "Peer-reviewed Journal Article/Abstracts" is what I did in the same exact situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I put ATS abstract under poster. While it's true that they are published in a special issue of the blue journal so it can go either way. Certainly wouldn't do both though.

EDIT mine was already published as a manuscript though so poster seemed like the obvious choice for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app