JUNE CPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drakegrad2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else taken the CPJE this June? I took mine this past Saturday - I have been out of school and practicing for 6 years, which made the exam pretty tough. Here's hoping to a quick turnaround on results.

Members don't see this ad.

I am contemplating whether I want to take mine in June (start studying now) or in early July. How long did you prep for the exam?

I took mine on June 15th. I've been out of school about an year and currently practicing as a retail pharmacist.. and the exam was tough..
I studied about 4- 6 weeks? but I work full time so I had about 2 full days to study per week and couple hours on working dayss..

I probably studied about an hour a day for a 3-4 weeks. Read through the pharmacy charts once completely, read the Weissman Law book, and then did the rx-prep CPJE quizzes. Honestly, I do not know besides really focusing hard core for 2-3 months if studying more would have made a difference- the disease states you get questions on are so random.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a retail pharmacist for over 10 years and just took my exam yesterday....very difficult....how long does it usually take to receive the results? The paperwork reads 30 days which seems like forever when you are this nervous! Is there a way to log into the PSI website to view results?

I am a retail pharmacist for over 10 years and just took my exam yesterday....very difficult....how long does it usually take to receive the results? The paperwork reads 30 days which seems like forever when you are this nervous! Is there a way to log into the PSI website to view results?

Based on the information i found from other cpje threads.. you cant see the test result on psi but need to wait for the mail from CA BOP. But it looks like when you log on to PSI, some date will appear next to the CPJE as PRE 00/00/0000 format, and ppl are assuming that is when psi release the result to board??? I took mine on 15th and i dont see any date on psi account yet ..

Hopefully we will hear back well before 30 days with a congrats letter from the board. The board may just be waiting on a batch of people to actually take the exam before they score and send out results...I just moved to CA from TX so the exam was much more difficult than anticipated!

Hopefully we will hear back well before 30 days with a congrats letter from the board. The board may just be waiting on a batch of people to actually take the exam before they score and send out results...I just moved to CA from TX so the exam was much more difficult than anticipated!
Have you all already done the license transfer from NABP yet? I decided to hold off until the cpje results are back....don't want to pay the 375 and then have failed the exam.

WagPharm80-assuming the name means you work for Walgreens, if so were you able to transfer from Walgreens in Texas to Walgreens in California?

Yup, I think the batch for May is completed for sure and has been sent out already, (the batch for March - April 28th was sent on May 22) I took mine in 6/1 and on the psi website I'm PRE-06/05/17, so I'm guessing I will be receiving a letter soon...
Hi, do you remember when the pre 00/00/00 date appeared on your account? I took on 15th and i do not see any pre date. Is it under result section ? Thank you !

Should be in the past activity, portion(result) section
I don't think they are doing a QA at this moment. I have a record with a test date of 5/18/15 and it shows up as PRE 8/1/15, and the board was going through a QA
Thank you for reply . For me it only has CA Pharmacist Jurisprudence Licensure Exam without pre00/00/0000. Maybe i need to wait till it appears ...

Thank you for reply . For me it only has CA Pharmacist Jurisprudence Licensure Exam without pre00/00/0000. Maybe i need to wait till it appears ...
that just means psi hasn't send the board your scores yet. You will probably get your scores sometime in July. The people with 06/05 just got their batches this week (From May exams)

Reactions: 1 user
that just means psi hasn't send the board your scores yet. You will probably get your scores sometime in July. The people with 06/05 just got their batches this week (From May exams)
Thank you ! Hope they send out scors soon .

I took mine 6/12 the questions were very random. Wasn't a lot of laws tho.
Anyway, where do you guys see the PRE thing?

I took mine 6/12 the questions were very random. Wasn't a lot of laws tho.
Anyway, where do you guys see the PRE thing?
When you log in to your psi account , under the past activity you will see cpje and i guess in portion(result) section, pre thing will appear when psi sent out scores to board ?? I took mine on 15th , and mine doesn't have PRE thing but just say CA Pharmacist Jurisprudence Licensure Exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you log in to your psi account , under the past activity you will see cpje and i guess in portion(result) section, pre thing will appear when psi sent out scores to board ?? I took mine on 15th , and mine doesn't have PRE thing but just say CA Pharmacist Jurisprudence Licensure Exam.
I see. I think we should have the result at the same time :) :banana:

Hello!

I am also selling my CPJE study materials in case anyone is interested
  1. Weissman's A guide to California Community Law 8th edition
  2. Rx prep CPJE law book and access to the online video and test bank (i have access until 8/14/17)
That's really all I used to pass. A lot of the questions in the test bank were VERY similar as the ones in the on the exam.

PM me for prices!

Same here, I took mine on the 17th, and it says exactly what yours does.

hey guys I thought i would post this in here for anyone who hasn't taken the exam yet. some one asked me a question and this was my response

first, don't be nervous be confident... you have been studying hard and with a few weeks left you will study harder!!!

a few tips:

if you study hard and have looked of everything... more than likely you will be able to narrow your choices down to 2!!! at this point you have to figure out why one is true and the other is false. this is why many people come out of the test saying you either knew it or you didn't. it is specific but at the same time a straight forward question.

Law: you have to nail every question or as close to every question you get for Law. I had anywhere from 15-20 Law questions. some where simple and straight forward where they might ask you about how many years a record should be kept type of question. while others you will be able to narrow down to 2 choices and have to figure out why one is false and the other is the best choice. I felt really good about the law portion of my exam.

study material:
first time I took the test:
I only had the blue book weisman. I read the book once and then did the questions in the back of the book twice.

Second time I took the test:
-I got the RxPrep Law review. (I recommend this 100%) I literally watched the videos and kept up in the book at least 10 times. (it takes anywhere from 4-6 hours to get through the video lectures). then I narrowed in on things I couldn't remember off the top of my head like PSE sales/ who can get plan B otc or needs a script/ who can purchase syringes/ and def. how long records have to be held.
-I did the questions only in the wiseman book twice. (did not read it again)
- went to a website called quizlet.com and typed in CPJE and there were a lot of helpful flash card type question (but but but.... be careful because some of the information was incorrect since the laws are always changing. so make sure you know your stuff before jumping into quizlet)

my main focus was the RxPrep book and the exam question after each section after the videos.

Clinical: This is the tough part. it is as random as you think it might be. it is hard to prepare for but not impossible. some question will focus on pt. cases and ask you to change the therapy
some where straight forward asking to substitute one drug for another in the same drug class, you just had to know which drug was in the same drug class
some questions would give you a pt. profile and then a written rx and they would want to know if you will fill it or call the doctor or not fill it
some would give you a disease state and ask you which drug is for that disease state
some would give you a drug and ask you what disease is it for
some would just as for brand or a drug or the generic name of the drug
some where based on renal function and to adjust the dose
some where about infection disease drugs and classes

sOooOOOooo basically anything and everything!!!

study material:
first time i took the test:
Rxprep book and with two weeks left i purchased the entire rxprep package with the videos and exam bank (that was not enough time to review everything)

second time i took the test:
Rxprep book, videos, exams questions
I purchased a similar item to pharmacy chart from eBay. it was called (complete CPJE review 2017) it had law in it but
I did not look at the law in there because some of the stuff did not make sense and because i had the Rxprep law review online, i felt more confident and comfortable with the material they were providing me since they are continuously updating their notes. so i didn't look at the law part.
I review the videos/exams/ for all major topics (infectious disease, diabetes, asthma, copd, cardio, and anti platelet/stroke, renal/liver, etc) and then on top of that i review them again with the CPJE complete review packet) i wanted to know as much as possible about these disease states, the drugs, and interactions.
The other sections i watched the videos and just focused on disease state what what are the drugs that treat it.
I focused on big drugs that everyone should know or have an idea about like warfarin, amiodarone, methotrexate, etc... drugs that always come up
i reviewed the top 300 drugs, brand and generic like 5 times the week before the test so that they would be fresh in my brain.
and again lastly i did quizlet for quick question answer memorization

The exam:

some people say don't study the day before the exam... i am not one of those people!!! i rented a hotel room a block away from the test so i could walk there if i had to. i was alone all day and i sat there and watched all the videos in the RXprep law section. did quizlet and top 300 drugs.

i walked into the exam room and the first thing i did was write as much as i could on the sheet of paper they gave me.
on top of the paper i wrote 3 questions which i asked myself on every question i got even if it was a law question!!!
1. what allergies does the pt. have
2. what is their renal function
3. are they pregnant

you can not miss these things on the exam because this could help you narrow it down.

i wrote CrCl equation
IV compatibility acronym
Cpy450 inducers/ inhibtors acronym and any other acronym that i had memorized or was offered to me in the rx prep book.

from there I started the exam I was coasting through it at the beginning and then on the harder ones i made sure i took my time and asked myself what a few times why i am choice the answer i am choosing. question i had no clue about. i would look at the answer choices and try and remember things about the drugs and why it would be a good choice or a bad choice or if i see one of them more in practice of pharmacy.

and before i knew it the exam was over. i only remember like 5- 6 questions after the exam to look up and i got most of those right so i felt confident that i did good on the exam. I hope this help a little bit. if you have any questions please send my way. Good Luck... you will do great!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
hey guys I thought i would post this in here for anyone who hasn't taken the exam yet. some one asked me a question and this was my response

first, don't be nervous be confident... you have been studying hard and with a few weeks left you will study harder!!!

a few tips:

if you study hard and have looked of everything... more than likely you will be able to narrow your choices down to 2!!! at this point you have to figure out why one is true and the other is false. this is why many people come out of the test saying you either knew it or you didn't. it is specific but at the same time a straight forward question.

Law: you have to nail every question or as close to every question you get for Law. I had anywhere from 15-20 Law questions. some where simple and straight forward where they might ask you about how many years a record should be kept type of question. while others you will be able to narrow down to 2 choices and have to figure out why one is false and the other is the best choice. I felt really good about the law portion of my exam.

study material:
I only had the blue book weisman. I read the book once and then did the questions in the back of the book twice.

-I got the RxPrep Law review. (I recommend this 100%) I literally watched the videos and kept up in the book at least 10 times. (it takes anywhere from 4-6 hours to get through the video lectures). then I narrowed in on things I couldn't remember off the top of my head like PSE sales/ who can get plan B otc or needs a script/ who can purchase syringes/ and def. how long records have to be held.
- went to a website called quizlet.com and typed in CPJE and there were a lot of helpful flash card type question (but but but.... be careful because some of the information was incorrect since the laws are always changing. so make sure you know your stuff before jumping into quizlet)

my main focus was the RxPrep book and the exam question after each section after the videos.

Clinical: This is the tough part. it is as random as you think it might be. it is hard to prepare for but not impossible. some question will focus on pt. cases and ask you to change the therapy
some where straight forward asking to substitute one drug for another in the same drug class, you just had to know which drug was in the same drug class
some questions would give you a pt. profile and then a written rx and they would want to know if you will fill it or call the doctor or not fill it
some would give you a disease state and ask you which drug is for that disease state

study material:
Rxprep book and with two weeks left i purchased the entire rxprep package with the videos and exam bank (that was not enough time to review everything)

I purchased a similar item to pharmacy chart from eBay. it was called (complete CPJE review 2017) it had law in it but
I did not look at the law in there because some of the stuff did not make sense and because i had the Rxprep law review online, i felt more confident and comfortable with the material they were providing me since they are continuously updating their notes. so i didn't look at the law part.
I review the videos/exams/ for all major topics (infectious disease, diabetes, asthma, copd, cardio, and anti platelet/stroke, renal/liver, etc) and then on top of that i review them again with the CPJE complete review packet) i wanted to know as much as possible about these disease states, the drugs, and interactions.
The other sections i watched the videos and just focused on disease state what what are the drugs that treat it.
I focused on big drugs that everyone should know or have an idea about like warfarin, amiodarone, methotrexate, etc... drugs that always come up
i reviewed the top 300 drugs, brand and generic like 5 times the week before the test so that they would be fresh in my brain.

The exam:

some people say don't study the day before the exam... i am not one of those people!!! i rented a hotel room a block away from the test so i could walk there if i had to. i was alone all day and i sat there and watched all the videos in the RXprep law section. did quizlet and top 300 drugs.

i walked into the exam room and the first thing i did was write as much as i could on the sheet of paper they gave me.
on top of the paper i wrote 3 questions which i asked myself on every question i got even if it was a law question!!!
3. are they pregnant

you can not miss these things on the exam because this could help you narrow it down.

i wrote CrCl equation
IV compatibility acronym
Cpy450 inducers/ inhibtors acronym and any other acronym that i had memorized or was offered to me in the rx prep book.

from there I started the exam I was coasting through it at the beginning and then on the harder ones i made sure i took my time and asked myself what a few times why i am choice the answer i am choosing. question i had no clue about. i would look at the answer choices and try and remember things about the drugs and why it would be a good choice or a bad choice or if i see one of them more in practice of pharmacy.

and before i knew it the exam was over. i only remember like 5- 6 questions after the exam to look up and i got most of those right so i felt confident that i did good on the exam. I hope this help a little bit. if you have any questions please send my way. Good Luck... you will do great!!!!!

Thank you so much for taking time writing this <3

My psi account still has no PRE date ...anyone has the pre date thingy appeared under the result section?

Any updates as far as results or calls to the Board? Still waiting and getting very anxious I tested on 06/19 and starting to worry...this was my second attempt!

Any updates as far as results or calls to the Board? Still waiting and getting very anxious I tested on 06/19 and starting to worry...this was my second attempt!

From what I have heard, be prepared to wait up to 60 days to get your results?

How long did it take to get your results from the first time you took the exam?

Hello!

I am also selling my CPJE study materials in case anyone is interested
  1. Weissman's A guide to California Community Law 8th edition
  2. Rx prep CPJE law book and access to the online video and test bank (i have access until 8/14/17)
That's really all I used to pass. A lot of the questions in the test bank were VERY similar as the ones in the on the exam.

PM me for prices!

Sorry, I am still new here so I didn't know how to pm you.
I am interested in the access to the test bank if you still have it.

a few tips:

study material:

study material:

The exam:

3. are they pregnant

i wrote CrCl equation
IV compatibility acronym

I've taken the test more than once so I'm pretty familiar with the time it takes to hear back. You guys will probably get your results the 2nd or 3rd week of July. (It's usually 60days from the first of the month, so 60 days from June 1st)

Based on the information i found from other cpje threads.. you cant see the test result on psi but need to wait for the mail from CA BOP. But it looks like when you log on to PSI, some date will appear next to the CPJE as PRE 00/00/0000 format, and ppl are assuming that is when psi release the result to board??? I took mine on 15th and i dont see any date on psi account yet ..

selling a brand new rxprep book, unopened with the plastic wrapper still on it. message me if interested

I just took the CPJE today and it was really hard... some of the answers I thought I knew, but the answer choice wasn't there (PEP for HIV). Also, lots of law questions, and things about disease states I haven't learned about (Myasthenia Gravis). Did anyone else get this same test and feel the same way?? :(

I just took the CPJE today and it was really hard... some of the answers I thought I knew, but the answer choice wasn't there (PEP for HIV). Also, lots of law questions, and things about disease states I haven't learned about (Myasthenia Gravis). Did anyone else get this same test and feel the same way?? :(

Sounds like I might have had a similar version as you - had questions on Myasthenia Graves and PEP. I thought the exam was pretty tough as well.

Sounds like I might have had a similar version as you - had questions on Myasthenia Graves and PEP. I thought the exam was pretty tough as well.
Omg I took it yesterday and had that test too, it was ridiculously difficult, nothing like the practice bulliten! I wanted to cry after I finished my exam

Random question, but how do you think the exam is honestly scored? Do you think the 15 "test questions" (one thats aren't supposed to count) really doesn't affect your score even if you get them correct?

Any updates or letters to anyone from the board yet.....such a long wait. The 1st time I tested,I received my results in about 2 & 1/2 to 3 weeks so hopefully some feedback soon. I tested on 06/19!

Took it on 6/27, same PRE date as everyone (7/12/2017), no sign of letter yet.

Called BOP earlier today. No live person was available to respond, directed straight to voicemail.

Was there renal adj type questions, dosing, vaccination