Jordan Peterson breaks down opiate crisis in Medicaid Population

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCommonSense

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dude is 100% right about the Medicaid population for about approximately 60-70% of the patients (exceptions include people who are SHORT TERM down on their luck).

This is the reality of fake diseases like FIBROMYALGIA too. Who usually gets this "disease"? Think about that.

(Start around 8:35)

No amount of "massage, acupuncture, chiropractic care, etc" are going to fix this problem. No amount of SSRIs, Lyrica, etc would fix this problem either.

I think this is where guys like Chou or frauds like Clauw who works for big pharma trying to push Lyrica for a fake disease are missing.

Chou I think is just a guy who lacks clinical experience and has zero real world knowledge, so he can't understand this issue. He is probably paid off by special interests including "efficiency" groups or big pharma as well.

Clauw clearly is a fraud who is paid off by big pharma.

I am under no illusion that spinal injections or surgery would help these people either.

I think such a large subset of the Medicaid/disability population meet these criteria that this CONFOUNDS the treatment of "chronic pain" for many of these patients and obtain poor responses to any treatment outside of opioids that dumb down their psychological pain due to their societal problems.

If they don't obtain the opioid medications legally, they will just drop out and take heroin.

This my friends is the CRUX if the true opioid crisis.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yikes that's scary.... I noticed doctors weren't in a category. Maybe we were above 140 or whatever the top cutoff was haha

Wow- what an eye opener. Lot of food for thought. Particularly useful in how to get your kids ready for life.