Jobs as a vet besides clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beavet

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I´m currently getting the toefl done to continue with the ECFVG. I´m wondering if any of you never got this done but got a job in the USA as Vets, I´m not talking about a clinic job because you need it to practice but maybe doing something else and which areas. I´m trying to look all my options since we never know what can happen. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Even if you're not working in a clinic, you can't be (or call yourself) a veterinarian without getting licensed (going through the ECFVG or PAVE). There are some exceptions for graduate students doing their residencies, but even some of those programs require a license (depending on the location).

Even if you're not working in a clinic, you can't be (or call yourself) a veterinarian without getting licensed (going through the ECFVG or PAVE). There are some exceptions for graduate students doing their residencies, but even some of those programs require a license (depending on the location).
Thanks! Even if you work in an industry?

Thanks! Even if you work in an industry?
You can work in industry, but you can't pretend to be a vet (i.e. if the job requires just a veterinary degree and you have a veterinary degree, then you might qualify, but if the job requires a licensed veterinarian, then you don't quality). So the devil is in the details of the specific job requirements.