job market and job hunting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TIVAndy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
current fellows/recent fellows/knowledgeable gurus

any tips on current job market and how you guys secured a spot? was it via recruiters, website, word of mouth, cold calling?

i'll be starting pain fellowship in july, do u think it's too early to start searching for jobs?

advices much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

current fellows/recent fellows/knowledgeable gurus

any tips on current job market and how you guys secured a spot? was it via recruiters, website, word of mouth, cold calling?

i'll be starting pain fellowship in july, do u think it's too early to start searching for jobs?

advices much appreciated.
Start as early as possible, particularly if you are set on certain locations. Start with google searches to get a lay of the land.
I would try to contact existing groups by giving the CEO/ Administrator a call, worst that will happen is that you can get some information from them.
If the area you want to go to has an IPA, you could contact them to see if they can put your name out there to local groups.

Also you could engage with a recruiter, it won't cost you anything and again the more info you have the better.
If you are not familiar with Practicelink , I would sign up again it is free for you

Reactions: 1 user
Start as early as possible, particularly if you are set on certain locations. Start with google searches to get a lay of the land.
I would try to contact existing groups by giving the CEO/ Administrator a call, worst that will happen is that you can get some information from them.
If the area you want to go to has an IPA, you could contact them to see if they can put your name out there to local groups.

Also you could engage with a recruiter, it won't cost you anything and again the more info you have the better.
If you are not familiar with Practicelink , I would sign up again it is free for you

thanks for the info. what is an IPA btw?

Members don't see this ad :)
Independent Practice Association

Here is my take on using a stim company to help you: They will direct you to the practice that does the most stims for their company. Pain practices that do a lot of tim usually have to filter thru a ton of patients to end up with a lot of stim candidates, these types of practices are usually high volume with opioid prescribing pushed to the new guy and the PAs. Buyer beware.

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any other large scale resources besides gaswork and practicelink?

Also, I am interested in a specific geographic area. When I search "pain" on Google maps in that city, there are over a dozen different pain practices listed. How do I know who to send my CV to, who is good, who is bad, etc?

Stryker rep will probably know everybody. There is only one for OKC and most use their RF machine and they meet everybody trying to sell Kypho and Disco gear. They all have really big territories so there is probably just one for the area you are looking too

I signed up with an MSP staffing agency called CareerStaff MSP. The jobs are temporary, but are good enough, the down time isn't much and their partner organizations are very good. You should definitely check them out.