Is this timetable right for future PA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raynare

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am the type of person who REALLY LOVES to plan things out as a guideline to see where I'll be at and what my age will be in so-and-so time. Does the timetable below seem right for a potential PA?

-->Get undergrad degree when I turn 23 (Well, I'll be 22 when I graduate but turn 23 in July, just 2 months after, so technically, graduate when i'm 23)
-->Train to become EMT-B immediately after graduating and get certificate hopefully when September begins
-->Become EMT-B (Duh)
-->Fill out and turn CASPA application sometime in late May/early june while still working as EMT (still 23)
-->Start PA school in January, now 24 (**This is where I'm stuck, because I'm not actually sure when PA shcool actually starts. CASPA site says classes start January, but I'm still not sure. Clarification would be helpful)
-->Graduate PA school in 2 years in January, now 26.5 (Again, actually don't know when PA's graduate, but I hear the programs are USUALLY 2 years?)
-->Become PA after licensing and stuff (Age 27)

So how does this time-table look? Realistic? A mere fantasy?
This is merely, once again, just a mere guideline of hopefully where I'll be by the time I finally hopefully become a PA age-wise IF, and BIG IF, everything goes as planned.

Members don't see this ad.

1: When do you graduate? This current May? Next May?

2: Get your EMT cert before you graduate. If you have any deficits in your grades, an increased number of hours could help alleviate them.

3: It's not a quick process from EMT training to state test to getting hired somewhere. It takes several months overall (ex. government is slow); this reinforces #2 above.

4: Most PA schools will start classes in summer or fall. You need to check each program website to see when they start classes.

5: Are the prereqs met for all programs you intend to apply to? cGPA & sGPA cutoffs met? Letters of rec obtained? Shadowing hours completed?

IMO, you need to see what is required for a typical application, then start to formulate timelines.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, technically you'll be 22 when you graduate since your bday isn't for another 2 months after you graduate.

PA programs start at different months. Some January, April, June, august, etc... You can check each programs website for when their applications open and when they start.

Programs very in length. The average program is 27 months.

Last edited: