Is this a beneficial research project?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blappe

Goku
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a freshman in college, and through connections was given the opportunity to participate in a project involving childhood aggression and PRN medication. It is at the psych center at my university's hospital. I'll be working with 3 doctors, 2 of them being child psychiatrists, and one current medical student. I'm just curious if this is considered a good research project for a pre med since it's more social based than lab/science based. I also don't plan on becoming a psychologist/psychiatrist, but am planning on double majoring in psychology and biology. Any input is welcome and thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
what the hell are you doing double majoring in psychology and biology if you don't plan on entering psychiatry?

This post makes me feel like I was a lousy freshman.

Yes and please do us all a favor and update us if you can! Even if you aren't plan on going into psychiatry, it's great opportunity nonetheless. I know you're concerned about it being more on the "social" side rather than lab bench research but they both equally greatly contribute to the scientific community.