Is the letter of Rec required the form or do I need an additional one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Letrie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am a bit confused about the LOR requirement. By letter of rec, do they actually mean the rating form on pharmcas I can send to my professors, or do I need an actual letter? Or do I need both a letter and for them to fill out the form? The reason I'm asking is it's going to be a lot easier getting my professors just to fill out the form/survey than it will be asking for a letter and a form.

Members don't see this ad.

It's online request send by pharmcas to the professor, when you put his email. When prof open the link, it will take him to the survey about you, some questions bla bla. That's how I explained to my professors that they will receive by email request from pharmcas. They will also receive instructions what to do.

Wait so, it's not an actual letter of recommendation...?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait so, it's not an actual letter of recommendation...?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah that's what i'm confused about. I read over the form on the pharmcas website and it seems like a lot of info for something in addition to a letter. I honestly am not sure.

Schools that participate in the online PharmCas applications receive their "letters" of recommendation through their online recommendation survey. There isn't a requirement for a physical letter to be sent, but there is a section on the survey that asks the reference to comment on you personally in regards to your strengths and weaknesses.