Is QC definitely on the QR section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helloboys

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So according to ADA, these are the topics for math,
"Algebra(equations and expressions,inequalities, exponential notation, absolute value, ratios and proportions, and graphical analysis);Data Analysis, Interpretation, and Sufficiency; Quantitative Comparison; and Probability and Statistics" Source http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education and Careers/Files/dat_examinee_guide.ashx

So does that mean I will definitely have QC on it. I mean I don't mind having it on there, i just want to be mentally prepared. And does that mean trig/geometry is definitely not there, because it is not mentioned?

Members don't see this ad.

"Algebra(equations and expressions,inequalities, exponential notation, absolute value, ratios and proportions, and graphical analysis);Data Analysis, Interpretation, and Sufficiency; Quantitative Comparison; and Probability and Statistics" Source http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education and Careers/Files/dat_examinee_guide.ashx

So does that mean I will definitely have QC on it. I mean I don't mind having it on there, i just want to be mentally prepared. And does that mean trig/geometry is definitely not there, because it is not mentioned?
This directly from the ada and should answer your questions.

The DAT Guide is accurate regarding the content of the exam, so you can rely on what it says. There has been a variety of questions about Geometry and Trigonometry no longer being DAT content, and this is true. There are no longer questions on the DAT that are specifically devoted to Geometry and Trigonometry. However, there may be other questions that could utilize geometry/trig skills to be answered. But they are not pure geometry/trigonometry questions.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Joselyn Arteaga
Test Administration Associate
Department of Testing Services[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 user
So what that means in a nutshell is yes you will still have to know Trig and Geometry on some versions and yes they have implemented the new QC questions on the QR, how many of the new style you will see is hard to tell. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Yes! QC is definitely there. I took it a month ago and had about 5-6 QC questions. I also still had geometry and trig related questions, but definetly not as many or as in depth as what destroyer has. I would still know some geometry and trig to cover your bases.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I had roughly 7 QC questions, but I was lucky enough that there was only ONE data sufficiency question. Those still make no sense to me. The other forms of QC are much simpler then data sufficiency. Set the 2 equal to each other if possible, or plug in +2 & -2 into each equation if there is a variable. Those are some of the tips that I remember, and I got a 24 on QR. Feel free to ask anything else!

I had roughly 7 QC questions, but I was lucky enough that there was only ONE data sufficiency question. Those still make no sense to me. The other forms of QC are much simpler then data sufficiency. Set the 2 equal to each other if possible, or plug in +2 & -2 into each equation if there is a variable. Those are some of the tips that I remember, and I got a 24 on QR. Feel free to ask anything else!

Thanks for your advice. Were your questions grouped by topics like BC exams or were they random. Like for BC, they start of with like 10 algebra questions, then like 10 probability, and so on. Was yours grouped by topics, or each questions differed and were random?

Took mine August 10th. Lots of QC and dont think I had any trig

Does this mean no more conversion questions too? Like how many yards in a mile and stuff like that?