Is pulmonary medicine rewarding?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's not hard to get into A Pulm/Ccm or Ccm program. The top programs are always competitive but you will find a spot to train somewhere, rest assured.

As corny as it sounds, Just aim for the stars and rest assured you will land In a spot if you miss on your way down.
As a bone wizard, I frequently worry about my fellowship prospects due to my more limited residency options. But you're right, I can do it so long as I'm more flexible and apply broadly.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I know someone who went to neph then 1 year CCM, and has a good competitive salary now.

As a bone wizard, I frequently worry about my fellowship prospects due to my more limited residency options. But you're right, I can do it so long as I'm more flexible and apply broadly.

As a fellow bone wizard, aim for an acgme university im program ... makes a big difference in your chance of getting pulm/ccm. And there are 14 AOA Pulm/CCM programs available as well (currently only available to DOs but once the merger happen, may be open to MDs as well)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)