Is my application strong enough for MD/PhD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golden-Future

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, I haven't taken the MCAT yet ( I know that's one of the main factors). But, with the MCAT aside, do I have chance?
-3.96 Undergrad GPA in General Science, currently in a master's program.
-I have a senior honor thesis, a lab rotation for a couple months of genotyping (PCR, Gel electrophoresis, DNA extraction), and am currently working on a masters thesis. NO publications.
-Currently shadowed a doctor for only 15 hrs (but planning on doing way more over the next couple of months). Volunteered at a hospital over one summer.
-I just recently decided that I wanted to purse an MD, so I haven't really devoted much time to the hospital in the past. However, I have dealt with a medical condition over the last couple years that has brought me to many doctors and have forced me to undergo many procedures. Would that help with the clinical aspect that I am missing?
-My research/ clinical experience looks kind of lacking compared to other MD/PhD applicants. I'm looking to apply next cycle, to allow me to study for the MCAT.
-Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.