Is Medicine a Meritocracy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bygone

Aveades
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the threads closed and i dont want to start some new long thing
just curious for insights into the field

-if the last post was the frame of mind of some of the ppl in terms of why they carried out their actions, what was the basis for it? why would someone receive an admission that they dont deserve? or was it a future hypothetical of "what if, in terms of future patient care"?
-all the physicians i had after the manifestation of the issue, all encouraged me to continue to pursue this job, but maybe thats just the difference between the canadian and american healthcare systems within that specialty?
-i dont know, i guess i wont find answers in this field, but to me it just seems like the embodiment of pure hippocracy, coming from those who post blogs and stuff about the hippocratic oath and all
-im sure some are genuine, but others just "look nice" to those reading health articles. Well i was fooled.
-the grossest thing was looking at the place's "Fight The Stigma" booth when it came around during the terms.
Pure hippocracy, to some it just seemed like a photo opp. Whatever

Members don't see this ad.

Pursed Lips, Eye is a camera.

gaslighting, mobbing...

Members don't see this ad :)
a dawn chorus of clicks...

Totally violet against the spirits
You divine dank men beyond the vapors
Sinister and humming beyond the sea
You stone green tongues beyond the clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.