Is it too late to apply for this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnePodRanger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I recently got interested into podiatry and I decided to apply for schools.

I plan to shadow around late of September and shadow him for 2-3 weeks and ask him for the letter of recommendation.

The process of the overall application might take until late of November for completion.
Would it too late to apply around there?

Another question: I applied for DO but I want to try out podiatry. Could I use my faculty letter of recommendation that was used for my DO application for my podiatry one as well?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied in March and received II from 8/9 schools, so applying in November will be fine. Using your letters from your DO app is also fine.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied in March and received II from 8/9 schools, so applying in November will be fine. Using your letters from your DO app is also fine.
I'm also really interested in Kent State. How's that school going for you?

Members don't see this ad :)
No complaints here. Everyone here is super friendly and easy going. I'm in the middle of my first exam week and so far so good.
Mind if I Pm you for more details when you have time?

You also have to give the doctor time to write the letter, my friends told me that you should give them at least 2 months to be polite.
I gave my Profs and doctors 2 months to write, they all finished within 1 month

Reactions: 1 user
No complaints here. Everyone here is super friendly and easy going. I'm in the middle of my first exam week and so far so good.
If you are in the middle of exam week and have no complaints then you know that school is doing somethin right haha

Reactions: 2 users
Hi I recently got interested into podiatry and I decided to apply for schools.

I plan to shadow around late of September and shadow him for 2-3 weeks and ask him for the letter of recommendation.

The process of the overall application might take until late of November for completion.
Would it too late to apply around there?

Another question: I applied for DO but I want to try out podiatry. Could I use my faculty letter of recommendation that was used for my DO application for my podiatry one as well?

Hi! I'm a current 2nd year at WesternU cpm. Our application is rolling. I give tours to interviewees and know we do them until June or July so you should be fine! I do believe most schools want one from a pod and one from faculty. I would check the websites or email them!

Reactions: 1 users