Is it appropriate to email colleges about when they notify you of decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chsPTgirl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't want to hurt my chances even more haha

Members don't see this ad.

you would probably be better off searching the school on here and finding threads of when people were notified last year

Reactions: 1 user
At this point, I wouldn't start emailing. Look through threads here as mentioned to get an idea & check PTCAS information about the schools. Some list in there when they start notifying. If it gets to be Feb/March with no response & you have to make a decision about a deposit somewhere else, sure go ahead and politely email to find out where they are in the decision process as you're being required to make decisions at that point. Right now, I'd say it's just overkill.

At this point, I wouldn't start emailing. Look through threads here as mentioned to get an idea & check PTCAS information about the schools. Some list in there when they start notifying. If it gets to be Feb/March with no response & you have to make a decision about a deposit somewhere else, sure go ahead and politely email to find out where they are in the decision process as you're being required to make decisions at that point. Right now, I'd say it's just overkill.
Let's all put our heads together and build a time machine! This is more stressful than applying!