is dpt good enough r md should be priority after dpt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hammad 889

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a student of dpt in 4 year...and going through a stress period.... dpt is a good feild but ...not a great feild to have a vast knowledge and reputation (according to my knowledge) I want to know from all of you...that what can I do after my dpt to get into medical school...as I am a student in pakistan snd now want to do md from us,canada,Australia anywhere....and have 59% in my 12 grade..due to which I cant get admission in medical school....our medical council requires 60%'..'' and have already invested alot of money and time In dpt....what are your advices ....to do after my dgree ...to get admission in medical school ...abroad...and how to manage the fee,s bcz the economy factor will also pay a great role...tell me the good and economical way to get in md while earning a bit from my dpt dgree until receiving md dgree will b thankfull

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you're talking about med school in Pakistan, we have absolutely no idea as 99.99% of the folks reading and posting on this forum are from the US or Canada.

If you're talking about med school in the US ("medical school abroad" as you put it), you have a big mountain to climb... Go over to the pre-med section of this website and post your question there.

If you're talking about med school in Pakistan, we have absolutely no idea as 99.99% of the folks reading and posting on this forum are from the US or Canada.

If you're talking about med school in the US ("medical school abroad" as you put it), you have a big mountain to climb... Go over to the pre-med section of this website and post your question there.

Members don't see this ad :)
it means have to start over all again no advantage of dpt?

Pretty much.

Entrance to med school in the US is very competitive. Read the pre-med section of this website, you'll find all the info you need there.

I am a student of dpt in 4 year...and going through a stress period.... dpt is a good feild but ...not a great feild to have a vast knowledge and reputation (according to my knowledge) I want to know from all of you...that what can I do after my dpt to get into medical school...as I am a student in pakistan snd now want to do md from us,canada,Australia anywhere....and have 59% in my 12 grade..due to which I cant get admission in medical school....our medical council requires 60%'..'' and have already invested alot of money and time In dpt....what are your advices ....to do after my dgree ...to get admission in medical school ...abroad...and how to manage the fee,s bcz the economy factor will also pay a great role...tell me the good and economical way to get in md while earning a bit from my dpt dgree until receiving md dgree will b thankfull
The main issue in Pakistan is awareness about physiotherapy which is getting better. You can do MD(since its postgraduate) after completing DPT if that's what you want. It will be a huge financial investment though because US medical colleges are really expensive. As far as reputation goes its not bad since we have the same grade and pay(BPS 17) as that of a Medical practitioner and patients definitely respect you when you treat them, don't worry too much about it :)
PS: Where are you studying? I'm in shifa from isb