is anybody else making their own anki cards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vardy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have recently made a batch of biochemistry anki cards, but i'm not getting much out of it, because the order i make them in makes answering subsequent cards easier, only because i was 'exposed' to cards that came either immediately before, or several cards before the specific card i would have otherwise struggled with. but don't get me wrong, overall i'm convinced that this is the best way to memorize facts, and help with usmle, as long as underlying concepts are also understood!

is there a way to make the cards appear randomly? i think i'm at the point in my preparation where i'd be better off having random cards thrown at me, instead of in the sequence i make them in.

also, the default is set to 20 cards per day. has anybody increased the daily new card count?

Members don't see this ad.

I making my own batch of Anki cards too. I've found it is sticking much better than when I was using Bros. I already have close to 2000 cards and I'll probably end up with something similar to Bros or Zanki when I'm finished.

You can change your settings so that you can do more cards in a day as well as have it show them to you randomly. I just click on the settings wheel next to the deck and choose options. That is where you can change both. I do about 60 new cards a day, and I agree that having them shown to me randomly is much better to really testing yourself. Good luck!