IPPE institutional rotation experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CannedPeaches

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm on my IPPE institutional rotation right now and I feel like I'm learning/doing absolutely nothing. It seems like no one really needs my help or knows why I'm here. I feel bad because I keep going up to my preceptor asking if he needs help with anything multiple times a day. Anyone else have a similar experience? Lots of down time. I kind of just sit here on my phone or doing the worksheets even though we don't have to do them.

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm on my IPPE institutional rotation right now and I feel like I'm learning/doing absolutely nothing. It seems like no one really needs my help or knows why I'm here. I feel bad because I keep going up to my preceptor asking if he needs help with anything multiple times a day. Anyone else have a similar experience? Lots of down time. I kind of just sit here on my phone or doing the worksheets even though we don't have to do them.
Mine was a joke but the preceptors knew it. They had us in the basement for 3 weeks to learn IV and Pyxis fill stuff, then had us go hang out with medical students for the remaining 3 weeks. We learned how to read EKGs and start IV lines (among other things).

Sounds like some of my APPE. WHAT A JOKE a lot of "training" sisters are, but a lot of schools will beg any place to take students.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

My preceptor made me to compound IV chemo.