iPad Size for Third Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snaliger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
***size referring to literal size, not storage size

I'm a rising third year student and I'm trying to figure out what I need for third year. I currently have a medical clipboard that fits in my white coat pocket per recommendation of an upperclassmen.

What I'm trying to figure out is if my 9.7 inch iPad will be okay in clinic. I really don't want to buy an iPad mini because I bought an iPad Pro last March (best purchase by the way...highly recommend the pro because of the Apple Pencil).

Is there a white coat that I could buy that fits a bigger iPad or could I make adjustments to my current white coat to fit the bigger iPad? Could I carry it around another way? Is there even down time on rotations for reading or is it just easier to access that stuff on your phone?

Thanks for the input! Excited to start this next chapter of med school!

Members don't see this ad.

***size referring to literal size, not storage size

I'm a rising third year student and I'm trying to figure out what I need for third year. I currently have a medical clipboard that fits in my white coat pocket per recommendation of an upperclassmen.

What I'm trying to figure out is if my 9.7 inch iPad will be okay in clinic. I really don't want to buy an iPad mini because I bought an iPad Pro last March (best purchase by the way...highly recommend the pro because of the Apple Pencil).

Is there a white coat that I could buy that fits a bigger iPad or could I make adjustments to my current white coat to fit the bigger iPad? Could I carry it around another way? Is there even down time on rotations for reading or is it just easier to access that stuff on your phone?

Thanks for the input! Excited to start this next chapter of med school!

No need to invest in a mini if you already have the Pro. Might have to either sew a large pocket on your coat or leave the iPad in your bag in a call room or something and manage with your smartphone, assuming you have one.