Iowa State University c/o 2021!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Back corner diagonal to the front corner where you were sitting, assuming you were the other guy that looked older than 22, lol. I was the overdressed guy who showed up in a sports-coat.

Were you wearing the cap too or was that someone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
And here is the Vet Med Buy, Sell, and Trade page. You guys may or may not be able to join yet as I believe that the page does require an iastate email address, but it would be a good one to keep a bookmark on. Once you get your CyMail set up, I'd definitely recommend that you check it out, especially as we get closer to the summer months---lots of current students will start selling their VM1 textbooks for considerably cheaper than retail prices. There's also furniture, pet supplies, electronics, and other items that appear on occasion. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1574956366092361/

Just declined my seat because I got into my IS school. Hope one of you lovely people on here gets the spot!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone on the waitlist be offered an acceptance yet? Or are we not going to hear until after the deadline?

Removing my name from the OOS waitlist, good luck everyone! I thought Iowa had a wonderful program

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know is ISU declined anyone after interviews and how long their OOS waitlist is? I'm currently waitlisted for interviews and was wondering how likely it would be to get a potential interview offer as people start deciding on schools.

Giving up my waitlist spot because I got into my IS, Texas A&M! Goodluck guys :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Turned down my OOS seat today! Best of luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
I've taken myself off the waitlist for OOS! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Not yet but anxiously waiting haha, my guess is that it won't be until the end of the day.

Just got an Acceptance call!!

Reactions: 6 users
Got an OOS acceptance call this morning!

Reactions: 4 users
I paid the deposit at Illinois, but I LOVED Iowa, so I am deciding whether or not to just go for it! I don't know what to do, I loved them both!

I paid the deposit at Illinois, but I LOVED Iowa, so I am deciding whether or not to just go for it! I don't know what to do, I loved them both!

Yeah it's really hard to decide because they're both great schools. I hope you decide the best fit for you :)

Congrats to you guys getting acceptances today!!! How exciting! I was #59, but will be removing myself so someone can move up a spot.

Sitting at spot 51 at the moment. Crossing fingers and toes for some good news.

Congrats to all of those accepted today! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to those who have been accepted off of the waitlist and best of luck to those still waiting to hear! :luck::xf:

Reactions: 3 users
I'm #22! I hope things work out for all of us!! :)

Does the size of the alternate list seem extraordinarily large this year? xx/165? According to threads from past years it has normally been around 95-105. Anybody have an explanation for that?

Does the size of the alternate list seem extraordinarily large this year? xx/165? According to threads from past years it has normally been around 95-105. Anybody have an explanation for that?
I think the trend has been students applying to more schools, so there's a lot more shuffling as people start getting called off various waitlists. I have heard rumors that ISU has made it all the way through the waitlist when it was limited to 90-ish people.

Reactions: 1 users
I think the trend has been students applying to more schools, so there's a lot more shuffling as people start getting called off various waitlists. I have heard rumors that ISU has made it all the way through the waitlist when it was limited to 90-ish people.
That could definitely be the case, but it seems drastic to nearly double the number of applicants on the list for that purpose. I'm wondering if the movement will be the same as in past years or if it will expand in proportion to the size of the list. :shrug:

Can someone tell me where to find the waitlist numbers? I feel dumb, but I don't see it in the portal haha

That could definitely be the case, but it seems drastic to nearly double the number of applicants on the list for that purpose. I'm wondering if the movement will be the same as in past years or if it will expand in proportion to the size of the list. :shrug:

Do you know till what number they got last year?

I'm only guessing here, but I'd bet that they want a cushion of applicants that they've already reviewed, rather than having to go back into the pool of rejected applicants if they run through the entire list and don't get the class size they want. It's probably pretty time-consuming to get the entire admissions committee together to meet and re-examine rejected applicants just to fill a few seats.

Can someone tell me where to find the waitlist numbers? I feel dumb, but I don't see it in the portal haha

It should be right on your Applicant Status Page, under the first header Application Status Information. It should say "Alternate Rank: #/164". :)

So I am #11 on the interview alternate list. Does that mean that AFTER all 164 on the alternate list, I'm number 11? So really #175?

So I am #11 on the interview alternate list. Does that mean that AFTER all 164 on the alternate list, I'm number 11? So really #175?
yup! Im 14 on the interview alternate list so we have a long wait ahead of us if they seriously increased their normal wait list by almost double (if we even have a shot of getting off of it)

Last edited:

Maybe it's different for IS/OOS? I'm OOS and ranked 133/165 (I just figured that's a rejection).

yup! Im 14 on the interview alternate list so we have a long wait ahead of us if they seriously increased their normal wait list by almost double (if we even have a shot of getting off of it)
So there's an alternate list consisting of 165 applicants plus an additional interview waitlist with at least 14 more applicants? What in the world? Does the admissions committee get executed if they don't fill the class?

Reactions: 5 users
So there's an alternate list consisting of 165 applicants plus an additional interview waitlist with at least 14 more applicants? What in the world? Does the admissions committee get executed if they don't fill the class?
The interview alternate list is actually 68 not 14

I lol'ed.

I'm 153/165 so I figure it's the worlds way of saying cornfields and cold winters are not in my immediate future. It's better than the wait lists where you have no clue if you'll be called off or not because they don't rank...

I don't see a number on my page at all for the interview waitlist

This is what I see on my portal. I assume those on the "interview waitlist" see the same, except instead of "alternate rank: 133/165" they see "interview alternate rank: xx/68"

Rank.jpg

OOS called off the waitlist on 4/5, declined. Good luck somebody else!