Iowa State University c/o 2021!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also temporarily hidden.

Members don't see this ad.

Like I said, I don't remember ever seeing a "Temporarily hidden" status last year, and as far as I understand, they're still looking to put decisions out in January, so I'm not sure what's up. I'd shoot a message if you're really concerned about it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent them a message through the portal! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is also temporarily hidden. Interviewed Oct 15, OOS. I'm assuming the decision has been made for some people and they are finalizing up it for others. I wouldn't think its reason to worry just yet, they are probably going through and inputting all of it. I think?

Mine is also temporarily hidden. Interviewed Oct 15, OOS. I'm assuming the decision has been made for some people and they are finalizing up it for others. I wouldn't think its reason to worry just yet, they are probably going through and inputting all of it. I think?

Mine also says "temporarily hidden". I agree with charizard95! I think it says temporarily hidden because they are in the process of changing all of ours but don't want to release the status yet! Maybe we'll find out at the end of December if they're already starting to input our statuses?

Iowa State CVM administration here. The "temporarily hidden" status you're seeing is because we are updating statuses. That process should be done by the end of the day. Check your message board later!

Reactions: 7 users
Iowa State CVM administration here. The "temporarily hidden" status you're seeing is because we are updating statuses. That process should be done by the end of the day. Check your message board later!
Are our fall grades not included in the admissions decisions then?

Are our fall grades not included in the admissions decisions then?
Fall grades are not considered in the admissions decisions, but you still must receive a C (2.0) or better for any required course you are taking. You will still have the spring term to repeat any required courses in which you do not receive a C (2.0). Any offer is contingent on you having all of your required courses completed by the end of the Spring term with at least a C (2.0) grade.

Oh boy, the nerves are kicking in again! Just checked my portal and status still says "temporarily hidden."

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also an alternate. Hoping for good news for everyone waiting to hear.

Oh my goodness accepted! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Whoa, decisions this year were so much faster! Awesome stuff.

Congrats to those who were accepted! :)

To those of you who are alternates---don't lose hope, especially if you're OOS! ISU burns through their OOS waitlist, from what I've seen. By no means are you out of the game.

If you've got any questions about the school or Ames in general, feel free to shoot me a PM or post them here.

Whoa, decisions this year were so much faster! Awesome stuff.

Congrats to those who were accepted! :)

To those of you who are alternates---don't lose hope, especially if you're OOS! ISU burns through their OOS waitlist, from what I've seen. By no means are you out of the game.

If you've got any questions about the school or Ames in general, feel free to shoot me a PM or post them here.
Is there anyway we can find out what our ranking is for the alternative list?

Is there anyway we can find out what our ranking is for the alternative list?
" If we do not hear from you by March 31, 2017 we will remove your name from the alternate list. Those requesting to remain on the alternate list will be sent their alternate number by April 4, 2017."

well, i just got my admission decision. unfortunately i was waitlisted OOS :( better than nothing i suppose! Trying to stay positive

It's unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah I'm so excited

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate! I'm OOS.
Does anyone know if we'll hear from them before April 4th if we're off the alternate list, or should we not expect to hear anything until then? Also, is it allowed to contact them to ask for our alternate number, or will they not know it until April 4th? Thanks! Congrats to those who were accepted! For those of us on the alternate list, stay optimistic!

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate! I'm OOS.
Does anyone know if we'll hear from them before April 4th if we're off the alternate list, or should we not expect to hear anything until then? Also, is it allowed to contact them to ask for our alternate number, or will they not know it until April 4th? Thanks! Congrats to those who were accepted! For those of us on the alternate list, stay optimistic!

I (dumbly ) sent them a message asking about the alternative list after see the message. They were very nice, so I am sure they will answer your questions, but it was clear that they won't give us a number til April 4th.

Reactions: 2 users
I (dumbly ) sent them a message asking about the alternative list after see the message. They were very nice, so I am sure they will answer your questions, but it was clear that they won't give us a number til April 4th.

Haha I did the same exact thing. Oops. Alternate struggles

Alternate list brotendos, this cycle is not going well so far.

Interview alternate :( Did anyone get straight up rejected yet or are they just sending interview alternates to anyone who didn't interview?

OOS alternate! Its nice decisions came so fast... Waiting until February for my IS that does not interview is torture!

I'm wondering how many people they accepted/rejected because it seems like a lot of people got waitlisted! However, seems like the waitlist moves a lot so don't lose hope! Hopw everyone has a great Christmas and New Year!!

I was accepted! I would have missed my interview invite back in October if it wasn't for this forum so thank you! (The notifications were going to my junk mail and I didn't realize it.) I'm OOS, but my state has 6 contract positions with ISU, so now I just have to hear where I stand on that. I'm really hopeful because I grew up in central Iowa and have lots of friends in the area.
Good luck to everyone else and happy holidays! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I got interview alternate as well; not sure if anyone got rejected. Congrats to those of you who were accepted! :D

I know one person who was flat out rejected.

Congratulations, Class of 2021! I'm a member of ISU CVM Class of 2020! If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me! :) Can't wait to meet everyone! Happy Holidays! :clap:

Reactions: 4 users
Interview alternate :( Did anyone get straight up rejected yet or are they just sending interview alternates to anyone who didn't interview?

I know one person who was flat out rejected.

This is probably a really dumb question but are interview alternate and alternate the same thing?
also @ILDSU, did the person you know who got rejected interview? Or did they put everyone who was interviewed on the alternate list?

This is probably a really dumb question but are interview alternate and alternate the same thing?
also @ILDSU, did the person you know who got rejected interview? Or did they put everyone who was interviewed on the alternate list?

They were not granted an interview at all.

Will be in the Class of 2021 through UNL, real excited.

So where were you sitting in the room when we all introduced ourselves at the open house?
Back corner diagonal to the front corner where you were sitting, assuming you were the other guy that looked older than 22, lol. I was the overdressed guy who showed up in a sports-coat.