Interviewing and looking for most recent MGMA numbers!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jflores20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of interviewing for new positions. I am Board Certified in both FM and SM. 9 years practicing. I have worked a lot in urgent care in the past and am currently working at an Ortho clinic doing 100% SM. My contract ends in August and am thinking of moving on due to new hires and losing pts/compensation. I have had many interviews in many different scenarios and am looking for most current MGMA numbers to help with negotiations. I am in Texas and looking for FM w/o OB, FM/SM, and Urgent Care. If anyone can help me with those numbers I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks Blue Dog! I realize you have to pay, and if you look at the cost it is ridiculous when they should be giving it out like all other surveys. It is just another way for them to make money. Either way, I was just hoping someone actually bought the book recently and could post it. I have the 2014 reports based on 2013 numbers, but I am sure it has gone up since then. I got the numbers last time from a recruiter who got his book and took pic of the whole page on each category and emailed them to me. It was very helpful when trying to negotiate. I am just curious as to what the numbers are now compared to 2-3 years ago. For Southern in the 2014 report, the numbers showed: FM no OB- $243,224, FM/SM-$258,746, FM/Ambulatory- $202,276, and Urgent Care-$238,357. These are just the means for Total Compensation in each category in the Southern. Hope this helps someone who is asking. These have probably gone up since the 2014 report and that is why I was asking, as to get a more accurate guess as to what I can negotiate. I guess I can always try to ask a recruiter again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I realize you have to pay, and if you look at the cost it is ridiculous when they should be giving it out like all other surveys. It is just another way for them to make money.

Well...yeah. That's their business model. That's institutional pricing, FWIW. The MGMA's customers are large medical groups, not individuals, and are more than happy to pay for that data (which isn't free to collect) to aid them in recruiting and compensating their physicians.

To the OP, yeah, I've also got the 2015 Report (2014 numbers), but trying to find MGMA data for 2016 as well as I'll soon be looking for jobs.

I recommend asking your in-house recruiter (kinda have to cozy up to them I guess), if they're a large med group, they'll have the numbers.. if I manage to get my hands on them, ill post them here.

To the OP, yeah, I've also got the 2015 Report (2014 numbers), but trying to find MGMA data for 2016 as well as I'll soon be looking for jobs.

I recommend asking your in-house recruiter (kinda have to cozy up to them I guess), if they're a large med group, they'll have the numbers.. if I manage to get my hands on them, ill post them here.

Thanks Septoplasty, I will too if I get them!! Is it possible you can post the 2015 numbers on the 4 categories I posted previously? I posted 2014 report based on 2013 numbers. Curious as to the difference from 14 to 15. At least it gives me a starting range. Thanks in advance!

I don't know about accuracy, but I was able to find when you start at my network as an FM you're guaranteed 85% of the MGMA for the region.

FM, 90 mins from Phila/NYC, at 190,000$ on hire.

I am in the middle of interviewing for new positions. I am Board Certified in both FM and SM. 9 years practicing. I have worked a lot in urgent care in the past and am currently working at an Ortho clinic doing 100% SM. My contract ends in August and am thinking of moving on due to new hires and losing pts/compensation. I have had many interviews in many different scenarios and am looking for most current MGMA numbers to help with negotiations. I am in Texas and looking for FM w/o OB, FM/SM, and Urgent Care. If anyone can help me with those numbers I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!
San Angelo, TX is always hiring. They have urgent care, sports med clinic, and FP clinic. Let me know if you want the contact person.