Interview Trail question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sportsbound

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Along the interview trail, one of the sports med fellowships decided to withdraw from the match after all the interviews were conducted. I'm curious how often this happens. If anyone has experienced this before, has the program compensated you at all for travel/hotel expenses?

It is understandable that this happens but very expensive on my part since I had to take 3 days off from work, plus pay for hotel and airfare.

Members don't see this ad.

Along the interview trail, one of the sports med fellowships decided to withdraw from the match after all the interviews were conducted. I'm curious how often this happens. If anyone has experienced this before, has the program compensated you at all for travel/hotel expenses?

It is understandable that this happens but very expensive on my part since I had to take 3 days off from work, plus pay for hotel and airfare.
Which one if you don't mind me asking? Because one place that was listed on the AMSSM website disappeared overnight, so I'm wondering if it's the same program.

It was a new program, the Children's Hospital of LA. It was going to be their first year of the fellowship.