interview selection process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alana2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

it looks like some of the schools i am interested in have already started inviting people (according to the thread on here) and it's been a few days and I haven't heard anything. does that mean i likely didn't make their first cut and will only get an invite if others decline? or does it take them longer than that to sort thru the applications? feeling kind of down.

Members don't see this ad.

I think a lot more interview invites will go out after the MSPE is released on Oct 1st. I wouldn't get too worried yet. Programs have a bunch of different things they look for

hi,

it looks like some of the schools i am interested in have already started inviting people (according to the thread on here) and it's been a few days and I haven't heard anything. does that mean i likely didn't make their first cut and will only get an invite if others decline? or does it take them longer than that to sort thru the applications? feeling kind of down.

I'm feeling the same way about some schools right now... primarily Baylor. That was one of my top choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm feeling the same way about some schools right now... primarily Baylor. That was one of my top choices.

So far I've only seen one Baylor invite posted to the invites thread, so I wonder if the invited individual may have a personal connection. Just like the single UMichigan invite to you. :)

So far I've only seen one Baylor invite posted to the invites thread, so I wonder if the invited individual may have a personal connection. Just like the single UMichigan invite to you. :)

Ahhh - good catch there! That makes me feel better.

At what point can I email a program coordinator and ask the status of my application? There is one school in particular I'm hoping for but haven't gotten.

At what point can I email a program coordinator and ask the status of my application? There is one school in particular I'm hoping for but haven't gotten.

Everyone needs to realize its been barely one week since the Dean's letter went out. Most programs didn't even look at applications until then. They have a lot of applications to look through so it takes a while. The PD at my program told me it takes them about two weeks to go through all the applications. So I would give it at least one more week if not longer.

Even if they have invited other people? Do they send out invites before going through all applicants?

Even if they have invited other people? Do they send out invites before going through all applicants?

I'm pretty sure some programs send out automatic invites to certain applicants. Reasons I can think of include, your home institution, having AOA, a certain Step 1 score, etc. After these invites they then go through the rest of the applications. I doubt that programs are done inviting this early in the season.