International Visiting Student Clerkship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orestis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am a medical student in Europe and some weeks ago I started studying for the Step 1 exam. I used to think that observership programs are enough for a successful match. But after some hours of googling I realized that the hospitals require hands-on experience in US. Which can be either: 1) PGY-1 for which you get no money or credits(so I am not willing to do it) or 2) clerkship during the last year of med school(which I could do).

So my question is the following: Is there any website or guide on how to apply? I found many links for different hospitals about the requirements but I would like to have something like this Observership Programs for International Medical Graduates | AMA.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember where I found it. The article was saying that the thing is equivalent to PGY-1 but without money or credit.. If I find it I will post it

Members don't see this ad :)
You cannot get real hands on experience as an FMG after med school graduation, so scratch that. There is endless information on this forum, so please google harder.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app