internal medicine grade issue .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

linktim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I wanted to know basically how bad my issues will be during the match process. In internal medicine clerkship got a CP ( conditional pass), because of well, basically I fought hard against some of the powers that be, and won somewhat. However I got an H in my elective and a good grade (honours), plus a LOR's from a well known hospital.

How will that affect my chances in the match?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, I wanted to know basically how bad my issues will be during the match process. In internal medicine clerkship got a CP ( conditional pass), because of well, basically I fought hard against some of the powers that be, and won somewhat. However I got an H in my elective and a good grade (honours), plus a LOR's from a well known hospital.

How will that affect my chances in the match?

Thanks in advance.

Probably depend on where and what you are applying in. If it's IM or any of the competitive fields, you may not even get an interview.

Also have to consider whether it goes in your dean's letter. Youre likely going to have to explain it someway.

I had people nitpick over shelf percentile scores for clerkships I honored.

It's definitely going to come up and youre going to have to explain it.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school puts percentile scores in our Dean's letter...

Probably depend on where and what you are applying in. If it's IM or any of the competitive fields, you may not even get an interview.

I respectfully disagree. You will still get interviews in IM as long as you are an American MD. You won't get them at top places, and maybe not even average, but you can definitely still get them.