Integrated IR and Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m3db01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I wanted to know if IR programs want Step 2 CK to be taken before you apply. I know the general strategy is to take Step 2 if your Step 1 was low to try and improve, and to delay Step 2 if you did well on Step 1. Does this also hold true for integrated IR? I got a solid Step 1 score and am now planning out 4th year, I wanted to know if I should take Step 2 before I apply fresh off of clerkships or take after I apply with less pressure. And does the same apply for diagnostic rads?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would say fresh off clerkships (and shelves), but that's just me.

Hey guys. I wanted to know if IR programs want Step 2 CK to be taken before you apply. I know the general strategy is to take Step 2 if your Step 1 was low to try and improve, and to delay Step 2 if you did well on Step 1. Does this also hold true for integrated IR? I got a solid Step 1 score and am now planning out 4th year, I wanted to know if I should take Step 2 before I apply fresh off of clerkships or take after I apply with less pressure. And does the same apply for diagnostic rads?

Thanks!

Maybe think about taking it in such a way that your score comes back soon after ERAS goes out. If you do this, if you do well you can go ahead and release it while application reviews are still ongoing or you can hold off and let the strong step 1 score stand. If your step 1 score is solid, than a strong CK can reinforce it but if you don't improve then you still have the option to hold off on releasing it

Regarding CS, get that out of the way ASAP