Indomethacin's Step 3 Journal/Road to Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indomethacin_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once again, I wasn't going to make a journal for this exam right away, but I am finding myself having a very hard time getting much work in after I took my Step 2 CS on June 13, 2015. I would like to think overall CS went well and I can continue my journey towards applying for match this year.

Step 1 Exam Taken December 18, 2014; Passed 244.
Step 2 CK Exam Taken May 3, 2015; Passed 249.
Step 2 CS Exam Taken June 13, 2015; Passed.
Step 3 Exam; Will take soon after graduation early next year.

The purpose of this journal is self motivation and to document the work I do every day, so I can be more productive throughout my days.

PLAN FOR NOW:
1.) Read IM Section of MTB 3 first time through in 14 days. Roughly comes out to 20 pages a day.
2.) Read The ICU Book by Dr. Marino first time through in 10 days, 50 pages a day.
3.) Look up information on residency programs on FREIDA, 10 residency programs a day.
4.) Work on 3rd draft of personal statement.

RESIDENCY TIMELINE:
June: Look up Residency Programs

July: Submit LORs, Medical School Evaluation, Medical School transcript, ERAS token.

August: ERAS application, Application Profile, Personal Statement, Track supporting documents, FINALIZE application, application profile, personal statement, LOR authors in AAMCs MY ERAS.

September: NRMP registration. Deadline MSPE on September 15th, 2015.

October: Release of MSPEs.

If there is anything that I missed on the residency timeline?
Any help regarding that would be greatly appreciated.

Will update later.

EDIT1:

- Finished reading 20 pgs MTB 3.
On page 33/277.

- Looked into 12 programs for Residency. Will give these all a call in this upcoming week.

I have a feeling that things will be good and that everything will work out.

Will update later.

UPDATED 8/12/15: PASSED Step 2 CS!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
4/6/16
Worked on some research project and only able to get minor work done.

4/7/16
Started rereading information on the USMLE website.

So far today,
- Read the Step 3 Content pdf from the official USMLE website.

4/8/16
Will try to finish as many remaining MKSAP 16 questions that I can when I get home.

- Completed reading CCS practice case 1/6 on the USMLE website 1st pass.
- Completed reading CCS practice case 2/6 on the USMLE website 1st pass.
- Completed reading CCS practice case 3/6 on the USMLE website 1st pass.

EDIT:
- Completed reading CCS practice case 4/6 on the USMLE website 1st pass.
- Completed reading CCS practice case 5/6 on the USMLE website 1st pass.
- Completed reading CCS practice case 6/6 on the USMLE website 1st pass.

Completed reading the 6 CCS practice cases on the USMLE website. ;)

Very informative, these gave a good insight to a little of what is expected from USMLE Step 3 CCS section.

Last edited:
hey, What happened to your amazing Youtube videos which were super helpful and inspiring?

4/9/16.

- Finished reviewing and making notes for Oncology MKSAP 16 question.

QUESTIONS LEFT TO REVIEW FOR MKSAP 16
- Hematology

Members don't see this ad :)
4/10/16

- Finished reviewing and making notes for Oncology MKSAP 16 questions.

Finished MKSAP 16 all questions 1st pass. ;)
This is was well overdue.

Going to start USMLE World Step 3 as soon as I can. Will make a schedule once I see how many questions are in the bank.

- Did the first block of the free USMLE Step 3 questions on the USMLE website.
Got only a few wrong, but will work extremely hard to learn from the mistakes.

- Did Block 2/3 of the free USMLE Step 3 questions on the USMLE website.
Got same amount wrong, working on fixing the mistakes now. Very informative questions.

- Did block 3/3 of the free USMLE Step 3 questions on the USMLE website.

Thankful to have completed this.

I will work on the 6 CS cases tomorrow night.

Last edited:
- Completed 6/6 CCS cases from the free USMLE Step 3 questions found on the USMLE website.
These questions are definitely not a cakewalk, I am going to spend more time to understand and master this software.
It seems to just exit out of the entire case before I am done with what I'd like to do, at times it didn't even seem to register my initial orders of treatment at all.

Also, for some of the 21 minute cases, the case time would end in 6 minutes, I know there has to be something more to it.
I am confident that with more practice I will be able to do these cases very well.

4/12/16

- Reviewed Gastro and Hep MKSAP 16 notes, 2nd time through.

Bought a separate marble notebook for CCS cases notes. Will begin with CCS and complete it as soon as I can.

4/13/16

- Did 1/51 cases of USMLE World CCS cases.
The explanations are much more elaborate than the Free USMLE Step 3 cases and I feel much more confident with the feedback I am receiving.

Plan starting tomorrow is:
1.) Complete 6 cases a day, this way in 17 days I will have gone through all CCS cases twice.
2.) After that I will buy USMLE World Step 3 and complete the qbank. And then take the UWSA.
3.) I will then complete USMLE World Step 3 a second time, reviewing incorrects only as I go through the question bank, and then take the NBME.

After all this, I believe I will be ready to do very well on the exam.

4/14/16

-Completed 6 CCS USMLE UW cases and made notes on the order of Physical exam, orders, moving the clock, location changes, final order, and primary diagnosis.
Along with notes of anything I did not know.

This puts me on case 7/51 completion USMLE Step 3 CCS cases.

Maybe it's just me, but each case feels like a very long UW questions and takes roughly 30-45 minutes to review.
I can completely see how it's possible to complete all these cases in less than a weeks time.

Just would appreciate an input, is it okay to finish the case early? Let's say finishing a 20 minute case in 10 minutes? I have been seeming to do that, and I seem to now be understanding what they expect out of the examinee.

It seems extremely doable for the most part.

4/15/16

- Completed 7 CCS USMLE UW cases and made notes on the order of Physical exam, orders, moving the clock, location changes, final order, and primary diagnosis.

Completed 14/51 cases thus far.

4/16/16
- Completed 6 CCS USMLE UW cases and made notes on the order of Physical exam, orders, moving the clock, location changes, final order, and primary diagnosis.

Completed 20/51 cases.

Last edited:
4/17/16

- Completed 6 CCS USMLE UW cases and made notes on the order of Physical exam, orders, moving the clock, location changes, final order, and primary diagnosis.

Completed 26/51 cases.

- Reviewed Rheumatology MKSAP 16 notes 2nd pass.

MKSAP 16 notes left to review.
- CVS
- Pulm & Critical Care
- Nephrology
- Neurology
- Hematology&Oncology

- Completed 1 more CCS case.
Putting me at 27/51 cases completed.

Last edited:
/.

Thunderstorm here where I am, streets were flooded so rotation day was cancelled by attending physician.

Completed 33/51 cases thus far.

- Completed reviewing Neurology MKSAP 16 notes 2nd pass.

- CVS
- Pulm & Critical Care
- Nephrology
- Hematology&Oncology

- Completed 3 more CCS cases.

Puts me at a 36/51 CCS case completion thus far.

EDIT:
- Completed 4 more CCS cases today.
This puts me at 40/51 CCS case completion thus far.

11 cases left.

Last edited:
4/19/16

- Completed 4 CCS USMLE UW cases and made notes on the order of Physical exam, orders, moving the clock, location changes, final order, and primary diagnosis.

Completed 44/51 cases thus far.

7 cases left.

Pushing stronger with the studying than ever before, I believe that I will do very well in this upcoming time.

Last edited:
4/20/16

- Completed 2 CCS USMLE UW cases and made notes on the order of Physical exam, orders, moving the clock, location changes, final order, and primary diagnosis.

Completed 46/51 cases thus far.

5 cases left.

Felt really under the weather and was unable to get the cases done as I hoped. I am going to complete these cases in the next day or two.

Members don't see this ad :)
4/21/16

- Completed 1 CCS USMLE UW cases and made notes on the order of Physical exam, orders, moving the clock, location changes, final order, and primary diagnosis.

Completed 47/51 cases thus far.

4 cases left.

4/22/16
- Completed 4 CCS USMLE UW cases and made notes on the order of Physical exam, orders, moving the clock, location changes, final order, and primary diagnosis.

Completed 51/51 cases CCS for USMLE Step 3.

This marks my first past completion of the USMLE Step 3 CCS cases. ;)

NEXT PLAN IS TO:

1.) Read my notes, which are about 2 pages in a marble notebook per case.
2.) Redo the case for the notes I just read.
3.) Reread anything that I may have missed.

7 cases a day is the plan until the end of this month.

I believe the repetition will be extremley helpful for me.

Did you match? Good luck with the step 3 exam!

Check your inbox. ;)

4/23/16

- Completed reviewing Pulm&Critical Care MKSAP 16 notes 2nd pass.

- Read my notes for 26/51 CCS cases that I made in my marble notebook.

- CVS
- Nephrology
- Hematology&Oncology

4/24/16

- Read my notes for 51/51 CCS cases that I made in my marble notebook.

This marks 2nd pass review of my own notes of the marble notebook for CCS. ;);)

I have yet to repeat the Cases on the USMLE World CCS program, but I will get to that as soon as I can.
After I complete the 2nd pass of the cases, I am going to begin USMLE Step 3 UW.

So far in my USMLE Step 3 prep I have completed:
1.) MTB 3 read three times. ;););)
2.) USMLE Rx question bank completed once. ;)

3.) Archer USMLE Step 3 Theory lectures (Not his CCS lectures, I don't plan on doing those.)
4.) MKSAP 16 questions and notes reviewed once. ;)
5.) USMLE Step 3 CCS cases once. ;)
6.) Reviewed my CCS cases notes twice. ;);)

Now my major focus on the last month or so will be on only the following sources:
1.) USMLE Step 3 UW qbank
2.) USMLE Step 3 CCS Cases
3.) MTB 3 with all of my compiled notes
4.) UWSA & NBME self assessments

In other news, in this past time I read the following books
:
- Stray by Rachel Vincent. :bookworm:
An interesting fictional book about creatures that can take human form, and the form of cats.

- Maximum Achievement by Brian Tracy. :bookworm:
An outstanding insight to how humanity works and how to become successful in life. A book I'd recommend to anyone who wants to invest in themselves for self development.

Last edited:
hey indomethacin: for case #36 - the DVT patient. When you started heparin therapy were you able to get the INR to reach 2-3 to start warfarin?

I started heparin therapy and moved the clocked forward few days but INR stays at 1.0 does not ever become 2-3

hey indomethacin: for case #36 - the DVT patient. When you started heparin therapy were you able to get the INR to reach 2-3 to start warfarin?

I started heparin therapy and moved the clocked forward few days but INR stays at 1.0 does not ever become 2-3

Hey man, I noticed the same thing here. The PTT goes up but the PT and INR does not budge from the normal values. Everything is performed according to protocol, so I don't know if we're supposed to add anything.

4/25/16

- Finished reading CVS, Nephrology and MKSAP 16 notes.

4/26/16

- Completed 1 USMLE CCS case.
This begins my second pass of the USMLE CCS cases.

1/51 USMLE CCS Cases completed

- Finished reading Hematology&Oncology MKSAP 16 notes.

This marks completion of 2nd pass read of my MKSAP 16 notes. ;);)
I will put these notes aside, and only use them as a reference if needed in the future.

After I complete the CCS cases a second time I am going straight for USMLE World Step 3.

4/27/16

-Completed 10 USMLE CCS cases today.
What I did was I read the protocol that was expected and tried to do to follow the actions and order while looking at the protocol notes that I made.
Will perhaps try to complete the rest by reading my notes of that particular case first, and then putting in the actions and orders WITHOUT looking at the protocol notes that I made.

11/51 USMLE Step 3 CCS cases completed.

The repetition is very helpful for me, I am getting the hang of things now. I have a good feeling about things.

Last edited:
- Started 3rd pass of IM section of MTB 3.
On pg 23/282.
Began to color coat the important terminiology this time around, this way, it can be strong when I attempt to recall it in the future.

In other news,
- About halfway through reading The Art of Seduction, very very enlightening read. Should also have this book completed by next week or so.

- Received a violin in the mail yesterday.
Have been inspired by Henry Lau for a very long time; I will try too learn a song on it as well in this upcoming time.

Hey Indomethacin:

-Just a tip that worked for me... saw this on another forum.
-So basically for MTB-3 I do the UWORLD question first then I read the corresponding MTB-3 part. So if I get a question on sinusitis then I read about sinusitis in MTB-3. I do this instead of just reading MTB-3 which is too passive learning for me.

MTB is very basic but when combined with UWORLD is synergistic. MTB-3 alone is not very useful only useful if combined with UWORLD if that makes sense

-Also question for you - do you find that for UWORLD CCS it keeps on ending early - so for case #50 the AAA case I can't manage him post-op since shortly after I order the aortic aneurysm repair case ends early. This happens for alot of the cases just ends early before I can do some follow-up or postop care for the patient - i.e. book a f/u appointment

/

Hey Indomethacin:

-Just a tip that worked for me... saw this on another forum.
-So basically for MTB-3 I do the UWORLD question first then I read the corresponding MTB-3 part. So if I get a question on sinusitis then I read about sinusitis in MTB-3. I do this instead of just reading MTB-3 which is too passive learning for me.

MTB is very basic but when combined with UWORLD is synergistic. MTB-3 alone is not very useful only useful if combined with UWORLD if that makes sense

Thanks a lot for the help brother, this tip is gold. I do feel time is of the essence for Step 3 studying, I'll definitely do this once I start UW this weekend.

-Also question for you - do you find that for UWORLD CCS it keeps on ending early - so for case #50 the AAA case I can't manage him post-op since shortly after I order the aortic aneurysm repair case ends early. This happens for alot of the cases just ends early before I can do some follow-up or postop care for the patient - i.e. book a f/u appointment

I am also finding that the UWorld CCS cases end earlier than I'd like at times. I seriously don't know how they are assessing students who have taken this portion.
Also I've noticed orders like "asthma care" are not even recognized as possible choices in the order list.

I will get to case 50 by either saturday or sunday, I will keep you updated with as soon as I redo the case.

Last edited:
/

Thanks a lot for the help brother, this tip is gold. I do feel time is of the essence for Step 3 studying, I'll definitely do this once I start UW this weekend.

I am also finding that the UWorld CCS cases end earlier than I'd like at times. I seriously don't know how they are assessing students who have taken this portion.
Also I've noticed orders like "asthma care" are not even recognized as possible choices in the order list.

I will get to case 50 by either saturday or sunday, I will keep you updated with as soon as I redo the case.

I just did the 6 sample CCS cases and they too end early - i.e. for the Rheumatoid Arthritis case it is an 18 minute case but once you confirm RA with anti-CCP and start disease-mod agents it ends shortly after.
-So I guess its important to get your other orders out of the way (i.e. other labs to R/O things) before starting the definitive treatment since it seems to end early after definitive treatment is done.
-I also used Archer's CCS videos which were pretty long - presenter goes off on tangents though and it is ~9 hours. He only goes over the sample CCS cases as well and people ask stupid questions in his recordings.

Also someone else mentioned this in your journal as well but I would also focus on biostats seems to be really important. For biostats I copied what someone else did on another forum.

-All these resources are available on the internet if you catch my drift
1) UWORLD biostats tutorial
2) UWORLD biostats step 1 2016
3) UWORLD biostats step 2
4) UWORLD biostats step 3
5) USMLERx biostats step 1,2,3
-so basically all the biostats sections from all the qbanks.
-reference obviously the bible of step 1 - FA step 1 biostats 2016

I just did the 6 sample CCS cases and they too end early - i.e. for the Rheumatoid Arthritis case it is an 18 minute case but once you confirm RA with anti-CCP and start disease-mod agents it ends shortly after.
-So I guess its important to get your other orders out of the way (i.e. other labs to R/O things) before starting the definitive treatment since it seems to end early after definitive treatment is done.

That is very helpful, I'll definitely follow the protocol before I put in the definitive treatment. But I believe in a sense the recommended protocol in USMLE World Step 3 CCS cases follows this fairly well.

Another thing I am noticing in this whole thing is that if you put a bunch of orders and send the patient home for a follow up in a week. It doesn't immediately take you to day 7 or day 8 until all the results have come back. Let's say TSH serum, cbc, BMP, and CXR and schedule an appointment for a week later. You will be stuck on day 1 until all of the results come back. it doesn't just automatically go to day 7 or 8 like I thought it would.

Either way, I am getting a much better hang of this. I definitely feel that spending a good amount of time with the CCS cases will prepare me to do well.

Once again, very appreciative of the support drake19. :):thumbup:

-I also used Archer's CCS videos which were pretty long - presenter goes off on tangents though and it is ~9 hours. He only goes over the sample CCS cases as well and people ask stupid questions in his recordings.

I saw Archer theory lectures instead, they were a ~ 40 hours. I am glad I did not further get into the CCS videos, good feedback here for future people that will be studying for Step 3.

Also someone else mentioned this in your journal as well but I would also focus on biostats seems to be really important. For biostats I copied what someone else did on another forum.

-All these resources are available on the internet if you catch my drift
1) UWORLD biostats tutorial
2) UWORLD biostats step 1 2016
3) UWORLD biostats step 2
4) UWORLD biostats step 3
5) USMLERx biostats step 1,2,3
-so basically all the biostats sections from all the qbanks.
-reference obviously the bible of step 1 - FA step 1 biostats 2016

I have all of my compiled USMLE Step 1, USMLE Step 1 Rx, USMLE Step 2 CK, USMLE Step 2 Rx, and USMLE Step 3 Rx Biostat notes in my First Aid Step 1.
I believe reading this will certainly be helpful.

But I will definitely do the UWorld biostats tutorial.
Will get on this as soon as I can.

4/29/16

- Completed 10 more cases.
Puts me at 31/51 USMLE Step 3 CCS cases completion.

4/30/16

- Completed 10 cases.
Puts me at 41/51 USMLE Step 3 CCS cases completion.

EDIT:

Starting the month of May I wanted to begin USMLE world, so I somehow was able to muster up a second wind and complete another 10 cases.

- Completed 51/51 USMLE Step 3 CCS cases, this marks my 2nd pass. ;);)

Hey man,

So I just did this case again and it does end early. I wasn't able to do any post op management, so I just cancelled NPO and ordered regular diet.

I only did this case twice, perhaps things may go differently if I do things differently. But I don't want to deviate much from the protocol given.

Two questions on my end:
1.) In the USMLE CCS protocol it doesn't have "no smoking" and "no alcohol" in the counseling section. Is it okay to still put those in the final orders?

2.) I am following the USMLE Step 3 CCS protocol nearly to the T.
However, I am wondering if they expect us to make adjustments on our own?
For example: Like the recommendations in Step 2 CS First Aid vs the real deal Step 2 CS exam (Way to many workups in Step 2 CS First Aid, while on the real deal you do around 3-4 workups?)

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for not updating the journal.

I have posted an update about my match results and would appreciate any feedback.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...sults-would-appreciate-some-feedback.1200020/

I had to decided to extend my graduation date by one month to get more experience in from my clerkships.
So my diploma will also arrive during that time, meaning that the most probable date for my Step 3 exam will be in late July.

I am a very dedicated individual and will see that this thread sees through to it's goal of completing Step 3 with high scores and landing residency.
Thanks to everyone for your ongoing support.

Hey guys, sorry for not updating the journal.

I have posted an update about my match results and would appreciate any feedback.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...sults-would-appreciate-some-feedback.1200020/

I had to decided to extend my graduation date by one month to get more experience in from my clerkships.
So my diploma will also arrive during that time, meaning that the most probable date for my Step 3 exam will be in late July.

I am a very dedicated individual and will see that this thread sees through to it's goal of completing Step 3 with high scores and landing residency.
Thanks to everyone for your ongoing support.

Sorry to hear about your troubles....

-in no particular order, unfortunately there are really only a few things to do during your year off
1) research with actual publications
2) step 3
3) externships >> observerships, and "paid clinical rotations"
5) #1,3 can get your foot into the door with a program

Its okay to be confident in what you want to be but at the same time you still need to have a backup especially as an IMG.
I am surprised that you didn't apply to a backup specialty as an IMG.

-applying again next year for surgery will probably yield the same results....maybe even worse since you now have the dreaded label of being out of the loop for a year
-I did not apply for surgery but went on over 40 interviews - for the most part the most important things are AMG, USMLE, interview, audition - rest is really just fluff and doesn't really affect your application all that much.
-so adding a publication and some extra leadership stuff will not erase the fact that you didn't match and are an IMG.
-I would strongly consider a backup specialty -i.e. primary care specialty as that may yield a different result

-one more thing about when interviewers tell you that they really like you - that is great but that doesn't necessarily mean that you were ranked at the top of their list. Unless the interview tells you something specific like you are ranked to match or you are at the top of our list then I would just take any compliment with a grain of salt.

-i.e. I got a lot of comments - "you are a great fit in our program" is a great compliment but it is different from saying you have been ranked to match or we are ranking you at the top of your list.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your troubles....

-in no particular order, unfortunately there are really only a few things to do during your year off
1) research with actual publications
2) step 3
3) externships >> observerships, and "paid clinical rotations"
5) #1,3 can get your foot into the door with a program

Its okay to be confident in what you want to be but at the same time you still need to have a backup especially as an IMG.
I am surprised that you didn't apply to a backup specialty as an IMG.

-applying again next year for surgery will probably yield the same results....maybe even worse since you now have the dreaded label of being out of the loop for a year
-I did not apply for surgery but went on over 40 interviews - for the most part the most important things are AMG, USMLE, interview, audition - rest is really just fluff and doesn't really affect your application all that much.
-so adding a publication and some extra leadership stuff will not erase the fact that you didn't match and are an IMG.
-I would strongly consider a backup specialty -i.e. primary care specialty as that may yield a different result

-one more thing about when interviewers tell you that they really like you - that is great but that doesn't necessarily mean that you were ranked at the top of their list. Unless the interview tells you something specific like you are ranked to match or you are at the top of our list then I would just take any compliment with a grain of salt.

-i.e. I got a lot of comments - "you are a great fit in our program" is a great compliment but it is different from saying you have been ranked to match or we are ranking you at the top of your list.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.

However, I say this politely; it may take me 1 extra year, or it may take me 2 extra years to get my foot in the door, whatever it takes, I will do it because I have faith that I will get categorical General Surgery residency in the U.S.

Last edited:
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.

However, I say this politely; it may take me 1 extra year, or it may take me 2 extra years to get my foot in the door, whatever it takes, I will do it because I have faith that I will get categorical General Surgery residency in the U.S.

Its good to know what you want but I would still have a backup plan. Also just from stats standpoint, you can see a very sharp drop off for US senior match rate vs. previous US grad match rate

-US senior match rate 90s% --> previous US grads match rate drops to about 50-60% don't remember exact numbers.
-I would assume it would be much worse from IMGs
-so from a purely probability stand point your chances drop every year you don't match...that is just the reality.

-would also consider e-mailing programs that interviewed you and asked why you didn't match. Would be good insight.

I am very grateful for your response and suggestions.

I will email the programs, and may even go in person to have a word with them. That is a good idea.
Your words are coming from genuine concern and statistics, I know it. However, as unreasonable as it may seem, or how hard it may be for anyone to see it.
I know it in my heart, that I am meant to do surgery and I will keep pushing to do whatever it takes to get into categorical surgery in the U.S.

Also on topic of this journal,

I will begin updating my journal by next week again to get back on track for the Step 3 studying.

Reactions: 1 user
- Finished reading Think by Napolean Hill. :bookworm:
Good book, always have been an advocate for reading books on self development.

- Finished reading The ABSITE Review by Steven M. Fiser 4th Edition. :cool:
Found the information in Schwartz textbook of surgery to be more helpful.
I have found in USMLE studying saying the treatment is chemo/antibiotics, is usually not enough. The knowledge of specific drug names should be noted.
Anyways, a good concise review of surgery nonetheless.

Going to download USMLE Step 3 UW tonight and begin doing questions.
Plan is to finish USMLE Step 3 UW qbank 2 times in the course of May and June.
Will take my exam in early to mid July.

Last edited:
- Psychiatric/Behavioral & Substance Abuse 38/38 questions completed.

Will update after I complete more work.

PLAN:

1.) COMPLETE 70-80 questions of Step 3 UW a day. This will have me complete UW in ~23 days.
Plan is to review ALL explanations AND make notes on anything I did not know or find important.
2.) COMPLETE CCS Cases two times
3.) COMPLETE Step 3 UW for 2nd pass; review ALL explanations.
4.) Take UWSA.
5.) COMPLETE Step 3 UW 3rd pass reviewing ONLY mistakes, 50/50s, difficult concepts.
6.) Take NBME

Goal on USMLE Step 3: 269/99
Final intended date of examination: Mid July 2016

EDIT:

Finished making notes in MTB 3 Psych section for the 38 questions.

Will push very hard to do this qbank very well.

Last edited:
Hey guy,
Have noticed that you are just talking with yourself?
Why does anyone need to know your level of detail?
May I recommend some other type of help?

Hey guy,
Have noticed that you are just talking with yourself?
Why does anyone need to know your level of detail?
May I recommend some other type of help?

I have always made online journals for every exam to put down my daily thoughts for self motivation. The whole point of my journal is positive self talk.

I don't understand the unnecessary negativity, if you do not agree with what I am doing that is fine.
But try and be a bit more respectful, I am not trying to offend you or anyone else here. :thumbup:

And I am okay, thanks anyways. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
- Completed and reviewed 66 Psychiatric/Behavioral & Substance Abuse questions.

EDIT:

- Completed and reviewed 4 Allergy & Immunology questions.

Last edited:
- Completed 13 Allergy & Immunology questions and 27 Poisoning & Environmental Exposure questions.
Have yet to review them.

Will update later.

EDIT1:
- Reviewed and made notes for all 40 questions.

EDIT 2:

- Completed and reviewed 40 Social Sciences (Ethics/Legal/Professional) questions.

Last edited:
- Completed and reviewed 36 Dermatology questions.

- Completed doing another 36 Dermatology questions.
Have yet to review these.

- Finished reading Thick Face Black Heart by Chin Ning Chu.
Some interesting concepts on the self. :bookworm:

- Finished reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius & How To Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
Interesting philosophies on how people think.

Last edited:
6/1/16

- Read Heme section of MTB 2 CK with UW 2 notes.

- Completed 68 Hematology & Oncology sections.

Have yet to review 36 derm questions from yesterday and 68 Hem&Onc questions for today, will update later after I complete more work.

Last edited:
hey indomethacin you mentioned you completed Rx qbank step 3 - do you remember approx how many questions there were in total?
Is it worth it to buy?
Lastly are there alot of biostats questions

6/2/16

- Reviewed 36 Dematology questions and made notes into MTB 3.
- Reviewed 68 Hematology and Oncology questions and made notes into MTB 3.

Still currently working on some questions tonight, will update tomorrow.

hey indomethacin you mentioned you completed Rx qbank step 3 - do you remember approx how many questions there were in total?
Is it worth it to buy?
Lastly are there alot of biostats questions

1.) ~1082 if I recall correctly.
2.) Yes, I have always found the Rx qbank to be a helpful adjunt when studying for the USMLE exams.
3.) Less than 80 biostat questions in the USMLE Step 3 Rx qbank.

6/3/16

- Completed and reviewed 40 Social Sciences (Ethics/Legal/Professional)

- Completed and reviewed 4 Social Sciences (Ethics/Legal/Professional), 12 Ophthalmology questions, and 19 ENT questions.

Last edited:

6/4/16

- Completed and reviewed 33 General Principles questions.

Will update after I complete more work.

EDIT1:

- Completed and reviewed 40 Miscellaneous (Multisystem questions.)

Last edited:
6/5/16

- Completed and reviewed 76 Endocrine, Diabetes & Metabolism questions.

6/6/16

- Completed and reviewed 36 Miscellaneous (Multisystem) questions.

Last edited:
-6/8/16
Read up to page 116/548 of MTB 3 reviewing the UW notes that I had written in there.

/

Last edited: