Increased radiology jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
correct me if i'm wrong, but 650 is about half the number of newly minted radiologists entering job market every year.

Yes that is right but the ACR jobs are just a fraction of all jobs available. The paper states about 2000+ openings for 2017, which is many more openings than graduating residents.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes that is right but the ACR jobs are just a fraction of all jobs available. The paper states about 2000+ openings for 2017, which is many more openings than graduating residents.

For FYI as per the paper, the number of hires...... per year:

1239 in 2011, 1409 in 2012, 1069 in 2013, 1393 in 2014, 1707 in 2015, 1833 in 2016

Projected 2,183 in 2017

In addition to job quantity it appears median salary continues to rise as well...

Radiologist compensation continues to rise

Probably should keep in mind reimbursement was cut again for radiology and the survey you are quoting I believe shows increased compensation and increased RVUs from the prior year, i.e. More overall work for slightly less pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably should keep in mind reimbursement was cut again for radiology and the survey you are quoting I believe shows increased compensation and increased RVUs from the prior year, i.e. More overall work for slightly less pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been and will continue to be the trend until fee-for-service ends.

Reactions: 1 user