Incomplete Pre Req and interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

workaholic181

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I interviewed at a great DO school in the last week and was hoping to get some opinions on a question I was posed;

I'm a semi non trad, finished my pre reqs after college. However, I was enrolled in an accelerated course this summer that I had to drop due to some family and financial issues. I had hoped to have it done by interview season, but am now currently enrolled in the same course at another school.

Literally the first thing I was asked was "how did that course go?" I explained I had to withdraw, and told them I'm currently enrolled and will be done december 15. They were just like okay, well get us that transcript ASAP, and as I was leaving were like "done forget about that course."

Decisions are supposed to go out in 5 weeks. Will not having this course done mean they are more likely to waitlist me until it's finished? I have strong stats, ecs, and LORs otherwise. I think the rest of the interview went pretty good but who knows.

Thanks for any insight.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everybody,

I interviewed at a great DO school in the last week and was hoping to get some opinions on a question I was posed;

I'm a semi non trad, finished my pre reqs after college. However, I was enrolled in an accelerated course this summer that I had to drop due to some family and financial issues. I had hoped to have it done by interview season, but am now currently enrolled in the same course at another school.

Literally the first thing I was asked was "how did that course go?" I explained I had to withdraw, and told them I'm currently enrolled and will be done december 15. They were just like okay, well get us that transcript ASAP, and as I was leaving were like "done forget about that course."

Decisions are supposed to go out in 5 weeks. Will not having this course done mean they are more likely to waitlist me until it's finished? I have strong stats, ecs, and LORs otherwise. I think the rest of the interview went pretty good but who knows.

Thanks for any insight.

A "W" right before application is red flag. An unfinished plan to take again is another.

You might get in, but a clear mar.