in this thread we whine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x1052

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many places are you all waiting to hear back from? About 20 for me... :-\

Members don't see this ad.

How many places are you all waiting to hear back from? About 20 for me... :-\

x1052-- The title of this thread is perfect and hilarious. Love it.

Still waiting on about half of my list here.

Still waiting on 15 and silence since 10/4. Whine whine whine :-(

Members don't see this ad :)
:(

Waiting to hear from 11/20 places.

I keep thinking I hear my e-mail notification sound, but I am totally imagining it and there is actually no new email.

I wonder if this is the norm or unusual...there wasn't a long pause in last year's thread was there?

I wonder if this is the norm or unusual...there wasn't a long pause in last year's thread was there?

I looked over last year's thread and did not see this hiatus. It also seems like the straight IM thread is a tad quiet.

Hmmm why is there such a lull in the interview offers......any theories why? Earlier the thought was "programs are waiting for Dean's Letter" but now that's out

I'm starting to consider writing certain programs that I haven't heard from yet (who I know others have received invites from) and begging them to look at my application again. I hate to sound pushy but this prolonged lull is starting to crack at my nerves!

I'm a passive observer of this thread, but my advice to all of you would be to be patient until the big east coast names send out their invites over the next week or so. Even if you didn't apply to those programs, it's likely that there will be some cancellations at some of the other programs once those invites go out.

I'm a passive observer of this thread, but my advice to all of you would be to be patient until the big east coast names send out their invites over the next week or so. Even if you didn't apply to those programs, it's likely that there will be some cancellations at some of the other programs once those invites go out.

:thumbup:

I was thinking this as well... I glanced back at last year's list and It looks like those programs (CHOP/UPenn, BWH/BCH, etc...) invited right around now. Also, it looks like some of the ones that filled the gap last year just invited earlier this year. (Alternatively, it may be our posting sample-- but let's hope not.)

A request to all the lurkers-- if you do get any of these places and nobody has posted, consider posting! (I feel I can ask this as a former long-time lurker. ;) )

Yeah seems late....still waiting on a bunch...however I got one the other day from Loyola and basically all the days were already filled up and interviews started before they even invited me which freaked me out. Needless to say I can't go to that one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's hope today is a good day.
I don't know how much more empty inbox I can take.

Let's hope today is a good day.
I don't know how much more empty inbox I can take.

I know. I have been incessantly, rudely, and neurotically checking my university and medical school inboxes, the filtered junk mail, the myeras message center, program websites, this website, google searches, etc. I need answers! :laugh:

I know. I have been incessantly, rudely, and neurotically checking my university and medical school inboxes, the filtered junk mail, the myeras message center, program websites, this website, google searches, etc. I need answers! :laugh:

I haven't posted any of my invites but I haven't heard a peep in a while. I don't have any interviews beyond everyone else so no worries but med peds has been slow. I'm guessing everything is filling up so invites from now on will be heavily scrutinized

Hey FYI, I emailed UCLA today and they told me they've reviewed all the apps already and have sent out a first round of interview invites. If you haven't heard from them yet, then you are likely on the waiting list.

Hey FYI, I emailed UCLA today and they told me they've reviewed all the apps already and have sent out a first round of interview invites. If you haven't heard from them yet, then you are likely on the waiting list.

Thanks for asking. That's depressing to hear.

Looks like some movement in the past 2 days on the med-peds thread.... I actually dread Fridays because I know that means I have two days of guaranteed silence

wonder what alabama, u mass, and u penn are up to....

Only email this weekend was from groupon and living social...hope this upcoming week has more activity.

Only email this weekend was from groupon and living social...hope this upcoming week has more activity.

I unsubcribed from every unwanted email service just so I wouldn't be subjected to continuous PVCs every time my email notification goes off

i was in meeting all day thus far, but.. you know, not to worry. not like i got any invites or anything.

i need someone to commiserate with!

Given the number of people looking at this thread, it would appear that there are multiple people who are silently commiserating :)

I'm commiserating with you x1052 :) I got quite a few emails from noreply@eraspod today (but all from UIC finally officially acknowledging my acceptance of their offer).. and a few from various program coordinators today to verify future interviews I have already accepted, but nothing new. <sigh>

I see that UAB and UPenn have finally started sending out invites. (none to me of course). And interviews seem to be starting so I am hoping those that have scheduled 20+ interviews will quickly realize that attending so many is unrealistic and will start canceling some interviews that they aren't quite as excited about (giving others opportunity)

Just got an invite from Indiana asking me to interview in Monday. Lol. Clearly that's not going to happen as I start a new away rotation.

If it makes anyone feel better, invites are still going out. I got 2 invites (with very limited dates available) this week so far, but who knows if I can actually do them.

Anyone heard from MGH or Brigham/Boston Children's?

MGH sent out IM rejections. Wonder if they will soon do Med/Peds rejections also?

And Peds rejections. Although I heard that last year they sent out their rejections really late for med-peds (after their last scheduled interview date)

well... since MGH sent out rejections, I'm assuming they also sent out invites. So if my theory holds true, maybe people will start dropping interviews and opening up spots this week. Here's hoping a week full of Invite emails in everyone's inboxes :) good luck!

The interview invite and rejection thread have been very quite lately... here's to hoping we all get some good news from those last few schools this week!

Aargh. I'm still waiting on 9. I'm at the point where I'd just like to hear either way, so I can book more flights, etc... for the interviews I do have.
Just reject me outstanding places--I get it, we'll still be cool/I'll still think you're awesome.

Speaking of pending rejections, anyone hear more from Yale (beyond the "further consideration" email) or anything from BWH-BCH? :)

my hopes for more interview invites dies a little each day. I've tried contacting a few of my top picks I'm still waiting on and still nothing. Sad face :-(

Aargh. I'm still waiting on 9. I'm at the point where I'd just like to hear either way, so I can book more flights, etc... for the interviews I do have.
Just reject me outstanding places--I get it, we'll still be cool/I'll still think you're awesome.

Speaking of pending rejections, anyone hear more from Yale (beyond the "further consideration" email) or anything from BWH-BCH? :)

Both BWH-BCH and Yale have sent out invites.

Thank you! (Was it a while ago, if you don't mind me asking?)
Yale was at least a couple of weeks ago. I actually don't know about BWH-BCH...that info came from other people.

So I got an invitation to waitlist at UChicago today. They asked me to choose three 'potential' interview dates. I'm not too sure what this means and how likely I'm going to get an interview. Anyone have any ideas?

an invitation to waitlist? that's pretty weird... how are you supposed to plan travel for that? I myself have heard absolutely nothing in the past 3 weeks (minus a rejection from Mass General). Guess I need to get comfortable with only hearing from 50% of the places I applied to. I know 9 interviews are plenty and that statistically I will match with this number but I was REALLY hoping to get a few more from some particular places

So I got an invitation to waitlist at UChicago today. They asked me to choose three 'potential' interview dates. I'm not too sure what this means and how likely I'm going to get an interview. Anyone have any ideas?

I got that WL invitation last week. I have it on my calendar, but I'm not scheduling around it. I figure my chances are pretty slim.