Impossible is nothing: How I got in PT school with a LOW cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT Pharaoh

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Counselors told me its impossible, friends made fun of me as I was retaking classes, but you have to believe in yourself and in the qualities that make you stand out amongst other applicants. Focus on what you CAN do. Your POSITIVE thoughts WILL lead you to POSITIVE actions.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! What are the schools you applied that take only pre-req GPA. Where are you going? I am in the same boat, planning to apply the second time.

Reactions: 1 user
Counselors told me its impossible, friends made fun of me as I was retaking classes, but you have to believe in yourself and in the qualities that make you stand out amongst other applicants. Focus on what you CAN do. Your POSITIVE thoughts WILL lead you to POSITIVE actions.

I had this exact same experience!! My cgpa and gre score were super low. I had to retake all my prereqs and managed to get all A's. This did not really help my cgpa but it didnt matter! I still got into my school. I stayed positive even tho the odds were against me! I would visualize me walking across that stage and hearing my name with Dr. in front of it. After praying and praying, BAM! I get an acceptance letter!! If I can do it, so can any of you guys out there!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! What are the schools you applied that take only pre-req GPA. Where are you going? I am in the same boat, planning to apply the second time.
Hey DanceQueen66,
It depends on what state you you're looking at. East Coast vs West Coast could narrow things down slightly.
As starters, take a look at Loma Linda and Cal State Northridge in California and MGH IHP in Massachusetts. Two different ends of the continent but I believe those schools look at your prerequisite GPA!

I had this exact same experience!! My cgpa and gre score were super low. I had to retake all my prereqs and managed to get all A's. This did not really help my cgpa but it didnt matter! I still got into my school. I stayed positive even tho the odds were against me! I would visualize me walking across that stage and hearing my name with Dr. in front of it. After praying and praying, BAM! I get an acceptance letter!! If I can do it, so can any of you guys out there!!!

I'm so glad to hear that you've been accepted as well! Thank you for sharing your experience!! It's definitely not an easy route, but you made it! I hope more and more students find this helpful and don't lose hope.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey DanceQueen66,
It depends on what state you you're looking at. East Coast vs West Coast could narrow things down slightly.
As starters, take a look at Loma Linda and Cal State Northridge in California and MGH IHP in Massachusetts. Two different ends of the continent but I believe those schools look at your prerequisite GPA!
Hi, Thanks.. I am from Illinois, I am applying widely. If you know any others schools please post it here. Your help is greatly appreciated

Hi, Congrats!! What schools you applied to and where you are going?