Position Wanted IMG looking for PGY 1 or Preliminary IM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr_sager

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for any position in Internal Medicine categorical or preliminary preferably in New York.
I'm an IMG with one year US clinical experience and research experience in the US. 18 publications.
Have passed all my USMLE's first attempt and currently I'm studying for step 3.

Your help is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you very much for your reply.
Well I think the main reason why I didn't match is because my step 2 ck score. I had a family crisis the day before the exam that affected my judgment on the exam day. I tried to explain that during the interviews but the PD's had a different opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that. Don't you think if you got interviews, step 2 score was not an issue?
Anyway, best of luck to you.

Well I practiced for the interview many times with multiple faculties at the institution where I spent a year. I got positive feedback from all of them and I wasn't nervous, I showed good dedication to the field and interest to the program but anyways that's what happened. Best of luck to you too

Well I practiced for the interview many times with multiple faculties at the institution where I spent a year. I got positive feedback from all of them and I wasn't nervous, I showed good dedication to the field and interest to the program but anyways that's what happened. Best of luck to you too
Dr sager, I'm sorry that you didn't match. I didn't match too and trying to reapply again. Please, I need someone that can help me with interview practice. I live in NY. Thank you.

I don't have a stockpile of good questions, but I gave a 2 hour review of biostats (back for our class) and have modified it over the years. It's just slides / ppt and some text but I could PM them if you want.

Dr sager, I'm sorry that you didn't match. I didn't match too and trying to reapply again. Please, I need someone that can help me with interview practice. I live in NY. Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately I am not in the states right now. I only said NYC because my GF is there.