I'm declining at _________.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone declining nyu?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone declining Marshall or UMES? I'm on the wait list at both and am anxiously waiting to hear back!

I'm declining at Chapman. I gave up my seat for the summer session. I hope that helps someone.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For the last time, I didn't hear from them, I declined my application. Please read

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone declined their acceptance at UM?

Declining Marymount, Thomas Jefferson, and University of Maryland Baltimore.

Attending GWU!

Congrats! I love GWU's program and I'm really excited about it but do you mind if I ask your particular reasons for choosing GW over UMB?

Declined AT Still University today - hope this helps someone on the waitlist.
* update - also declined Briar Cliff University (March 14, 2017)

Last edited:
Rescinded admission after being accepted into SUNY Downstate, withdrew from D'Youville waitlist

Congrats! I love GWU's program and I'm really excited about it but do you mind if I ask your particular reasons for choosing GW over UMB?
Definitely! One of the main reasons is location. I moved to D.C. in April with my boyfriend, so commuting or moving to Baltimore would be more of a hassle than I'd like. He also attends GW, so it makes sense for us to stay here.

UMB has a really strong program, but I've experienced block scheduling before and find I really don't like it. Since so many subjects connect in PT, I'd like to learn a little bit about all of them all together. At UMB, you take just anatomy for a month or so and then move onto the next subject if I recall correctly. My memory is terrible unless I'm actively using everything. I'm sure they do a great job of keeping it fresh, but I'd like to stick to what I do best with. Some of the current students there seemed iffy about it, too.

GW is smaller and I know a few recent grads, current seniors, and a freshman in the program, and all of them are incredibly good at what they do and receive amazing feedback from patients. They also have nothing negative to say about the program (...besides cost of course). Plus, I think a more intimate program like that is just really beneficial to developing who you are as a professional (I went to a very small college). One of the students I know is a senior, actually, and told me she chose GW over UMB, too. She wasn't a fan of the professors there during her interview day, especially the anatomy prof who grilled everybody with questions, haha. And both of us agreed that GW just felt a little more warm and friendly. :)

I honestly have quite a few other reasons, but I won't clog the thread up any more than I already have!

Declined at Augusta, Wash U. St. Louis, University of WA, and USC.

Anyone decline Thomas Jefferson, SUNY downstate, or Lynchburg recently?? I'm on the waitlist for all three

Anyone declining at UK Hazard campus? I believe UK acceptances went out today. Can't really find any good info about how far on the waitlist Hazard campus will go.

Is anyone declining at Bellarmine University? I am on the waitlist there, but it is my number one. I've been patiently waiting to put my deposit down elsewhere

Declining Texas State, Texas Tech, University of Tennessee, and University of Oklahoma

@Heardyoudpt

Hey, I'm wondering if you would mind sharing why you declined at University of Washington? I was recently accepted there!

@PathforwardtoDPT

hello, just curious as to why you declined APU/CSULB/ and especially USC?

Anyone declining WVU by chance?

I've declined Marymount and Mary Baldwin and will be attending George Washington University!

@Heardyoudpt

Hey, I'm wondering if you would mind sharing why you declined at University of Washington? I was recently accepted there!

@PathforwardtoDPT

hello, just curious as to why you declined APU/CSULB/ and especially USC?
Hey @abePT - I declined purely for financial reasons. UMT has some pretty great benefits for veterans, and University of Washington had barely any, along with their out of state tuition being very high. Congratulations!

@Heardyoudpt

When you say recently accepted, does that mean you were accepted off of the alternate list? Or were you offered acceptance right away (~02/14)? Just curious because I am on the alternate list and am hoping there's a chance my status will change!

Last edited:
Has anyone recently declined CSULB or CHAPMAN (for summer or fall) or might be giving up there spot later on?

Has anyone recently declined CSULB or CHAPMAN (for summer or fall) or might be giving up there spot later on?
I gave up my spot at Chapman summer a week ago.

Is anyone declining Temple by any chance, or heard back from the waitlist?

Is anyone declining Temple by any chance, or heard back from the waitlist?

I'm still on their waitlist and haven't heard anything. I'll be declining though if and when I do ever hear anything.

Has anyone heard from Howard university or is declining them?

Anyone declining Mount St. Joseph's or Bellarmine? Congrats on the acceptances!

I declined at Drexel University today. I was pulled from the wait list yesterday.

Has anyone heard from or declined from Lynchburg? I'm on the wait list and haven't been able to find any additional info about it.

declining my offer at bradley and my interviews at midwestern in DG and rocky mtn university of health professions

Anyone declining at Dayton? Or was anyone on the waitlist and got in? Thanks!

Last edited: